Billy Gilmour - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Billy Gilmour

Taylor1996

5 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I think Lampard seemed more invested in giving Gilmour a chance and he’d probably have played more games if Lampard stayed in charge.  

If Gilmour and his advisers were naive before joining Chelsea, he’ll know what he’s up against now and should at the very least push for a loan move this summer to a club / manager who cares about his development. 

Still think it was the right move in terms of access to world class coaching, facilities and training with great players but now it’s time to play week in week out. 

I agree. A loan move is a must now otherwise he won't impress clarke or the current Chelsea manager.

He needs to get out now.

If you could Ziyech, Odoi and Pulisic as midfielders, Billy Gilmour is 9th choice midfielder.

Unless Monty Burns buys Chelsea and the players drop like flies, through various mysterious illnesses and disappearances and arrests, etc, Billy Gilmour doesnt stand  a chance of breaking into the Chelsea XI.

I would love to see him at Manchester United. Teaming up with McTominay and Bruno.

29 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

He needs to get out now.

If you could Ziyech, Odoi and Pulisic as midfielders, Billy Gilmour is 9th choice midfielder.

Unless Monty Burns buys Chelsea and the players drop like flies, through various mysterious illnesses and disappearances and arrests, etc, Billy Gilmour doesnt stand  a chance of breaking into the Chelsea XI.

I would love to see him at Manchester United. Teaming up with McTominay and Bruno.

Can’t see any top 6 team buying a player who has only made a few starts for Chelsea. I think he needs to go 2 steps back to go 2 steps forward.

5 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Can’t see any top 6 team buying a player who has only made a few starts for Chelsea. I think he needs to go 2 steps back to go 2 steps forward.

It does happen. Amad Diallo only played 5 matches (0 starts) for Atalanta and Manchester United spent £19m on him.

Hopefully they replicate it with Gilmour.

Edited by Taylor1996

I dont have an issue with Gilmour not starting.

What I do have an issue with is not making the bench when only 1 other deep lying CM is on the bench but 2 left backs are consisitenty on the bench.

There is zero reason to have 2 left backs on the bench. 

14 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

What I do have an issue with is not making the bench when only 1 other deep lying CM is on the bench but 2 left backs are consisitenty on the bench.

You see two goalies on the bench now too sometimes, Everton had that yesterday. Very bizarre. 

1 hour ago, bigfingers said:

I think he will stay at Chelsea and feature more next season. 

I hope he features more.

21 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

I know. Against Leeds they have 4 defenders on the bench (2 left backs), 1 midfielder, one attacking midfielder and 2 strikers.

One midfielder and no place for Gilmour. Crazy.

On 3/14/2021 at 12:28 PM, bigfingers said:

Anyone know why he's not been featuring for the under 23s? Doesn't make any sense for him not to play at all unless he's got an injury. 

Its two separate “bubbles”.

Gilmour has outgrown u23 football (ability wise) and playing probably wouldn’t do much for his development. He’s training with senior pro’s every week now, but he’s going to have to be patient. 
Frustrating because if he had been playing regularly he would’ve been going to the Euro’s. 

My big concern is Jack’s fitness for the Euro’s. I hope I’m wrong but think there’s a chance he’ll miss out which leaves a gaping hole in our midfield. We have some good midfielders but few natural sitters...... that’s why i would’ve taken Gilmour, he can play a 6 or an 8.