TAMB - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The board was in decline when I joined end of 2005. How do I know. Because even then folk were constantly complaining about how it was going to the dogs etc... and was fuuuuucked... Folk used to laugh about it... until it came true. :o

The golden age seems to have been the jimbers-bus-station-girl era. That seems to have been a period when the tamb was still in the internet garden of eden, before gaining knowledge of good and evil and being cast out by Paul NATA, the sweet spot before it slowly turned to shit. 

Also small contributing factor... Scotland fans are quite huffy I have noticed reading this board over the years. :lol: Is this a national trait I wonder. 

On 8/21/2021 at 1:28 PM, thplinth said:

The board was in decline when I joined end of 2005. How do I know. Because even then folk were constantly complaining about how it was going to the dogs etc... and was fuuuuucked... Folk used to laugh about it... until it came true. :o

The golden age seems to have been the jimbers-bus-station-girl era. That seems to have been a period when the tamb was still in the internet garden of eden, before gaining knowledge of good and evil and being cast out by Paul NATA, the sweet spot before it slowly turned to shit. 

Also small contributing factor... Scotland fans are quite huffy I have noticed reading this board over the years. :lol: Is this a national trait I wonder. 

I've posted on here pretty much as long as I have on Stoke's (Oatcake).   I've lived away from there for 20 years and have lost interest interest in the team compared to the old days but find myself on that forum more often than this- gives a good insight into local politics in that neck of the woods that we don't really get a true sense of up here. 

In comparison the Oatcake had 1,000 members and 10,000 guests in the last 24 hours and the Coronavirus thread is 2,300 pages long.  

2 hours ago, Och Aye said:

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Hmmm I see you both joined in November 2007.  Not a great month either then. :P

--------------

It was definitely pish by about 2011. I jacked it then for about three years and only got sucked back in the week before the 2014 referendum. (That was definitely a mistake looking back. :lol: )

I was still reading it and I recall the board went a bit 'Rangers Media' during that period as well (in the years before the referendum) although strangely not driven by a rangers fan. 

Rangers goings teats-up took a heavy toll on a large demographic. And then the double tap of 2014 and NO took another very heavy toll. The more recent 'Age of the Trolls' pretty much finished the place off...

I personally hung about in the aftermath of 2014 more in a sense of defiance but it has been increasingly dreadful throughout the Sturgeon years. This is when the board basically went into serious decline. Up to then it was still relatively ok if a little beat up.

Jacked it again for a year maybe and then got sucked in again when they stitched-up Alex Salmond...

Once it then becomes obvious to people it is declining it then gains its own momentum. No one want to be the last one at the party type rush for the exit...

Personally I blame Alan, for everything. :wave:

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Hmmm I see you both joined in November 2007.  Not a great month either then. :P

--------------

It was definitely pish by about 2011. I jacked it then for about three years and only got sucked back in the week before the 2014 referendum. (That was definitely a mistake looking back. :lol: )

I was still reading it and I recall the board went a bit 'Rangers Media' during that period as well (in the years before the referendum) although strangely not driven by a rangers fan. 

Rangers goings teats-up took a heavy toll on a large demographic. And then the double tap of 2014 and NO took another very heavy toll. The more recent 'Age of the Trolls' pretty much finished the place off...

I personally hung about in the aftermath of 2014 more in a sense of defiance but it has been increasingly dreadful throughout the Sturgeon years. This is when the board basically went into serious decline. Up to then it was still relatively ok if a little beat up.

Jacked it again for a year maybe and then got sucked in again when they stitched-up Alex Salmond...

Once it then becomes obvious to people it is declining it then gains its own momentum. No one want to be the last one at the party type rush for the exit...

Personally I blame Alan, for everything. :wave:

Meh. You have obviously never been to a party in Paisley. We are prepared to hang around till the even the advocat and twiglets have been demolished. 

4 hours ago, thplinth said:

Monty fuk, min. Are you going to blame poor wee Nicola for everything? :lol:

It’s kinda pointless posting anything worthy now, because every thread ultimately ends in a Rangers/Celtic slanging match. 

Im more of a reader now, with an occasional post, it’s been ruined by pretty much anything being allowed to go unpunished. 

Shame really, but the golfers topic has a bit of interest again, so that’s good to see. 

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Meh. You have obviously never been to a party in Paisley. We are prepared to hang around till the even the advocat and twiglets have been demolished. 

Controversial opinion..... but Twiglets are decent especially the curry flavour ones. 

I used to find the travel thread a great resource on here, but with covid even its about as much use as Ann Frank's drumkit these days! 

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Controversial opinion..... but Twiglets are decent especially the curry flavour ones. 

Curry flavour ? Check you and your exotic middle class nibbles 😁

I haven’t had Twiglets for about 40 years ,  it was only the posh houses that used to have them, the rest of us had monster munch or cheesy puffs. 
Twiglets look too much like all bran to get me excited. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I haven’t had Twiglets for about 40 years ,  it was only the posh houses that used to have them, the rest of us had monster munch or cheesy puffs. 

All Bran, now your talking 🧓   I don't want to start a bake off thread, but the Kelloggs box must once have had a recipe for BRAN BUNS.   Magic!   As a kid, my mum would let me make them.

Like wee muffins, all crusty on the outside, but soft in the middle.   Straight out the oven, you'd drizzle them with Golden Syrup.   Corrrrr.

8 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

All Bran, now your talking 🧓   I don't want to start a bake off thread, but the Kelloggs box must once have had a recipe for BRAN BUNS.   Magic!   As a kid, my mum would let me make them.

Like wee muffins, all crusty on the outside, but soft in the middle.   Straight out the oven, you'd drizzle them with Golden Syrup.   Corrrrr.

🤣 Bran Buns. 
Never heard of them but you actually make them sound quite nice . We were more a sugar puff family, which would explain why I now need to eat All Bran each morning to keep me ‘right’ .

As they say, balance in life is everything, even if it is at either end of your life 🙄

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Anyone else starting to see adverts despite using an ad blocker? 

No, but the mention of Kelloggs, Twiglets, All Bran, Monster Munch , Golden Syrup and Bake Off all within 2 posts has probably  set the alarm bells going at Mod HQ ‘s advertising department. 

14 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Pickled onion monster munch are the 'perros cojones'! 👍