TAMB - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• 7 months later...
On 12/10/2020 at 10:34 PM, Brummie Hibs said:

TAMB's hope of a post-closedown threat resurgence was scuppered when the admins failed to quickly clampdown on the reoccurring and obvious twats that drove all the good guys away. 

TAMB deserves to die. I never thought I'd say that, but I dont give a damn about it anymore. 

And that from guy who was number 124.

For what it is worth I agree with you. They should shut it.

25 posts in the last 5 hours. 

If you posted a thread in AOB when I joined and no cunt replied in an hour it would be on page 2 and doomed to no replies unless you bumped it which would bring howls of derision from the regulars. Now there is a two month gap between the first thread and the last on page 1 of AOB. Two months…

During the Euros I thought this board had become an absolute beemur. Can you imagine a fan from another country coming to check us out and all they see is a handful of posts from utter arseholes like rolling hills and chipper. They must think we are utter arseholes. Close this place, it is an embarrassment. 

As for blaming Facebook and Twitter. Utter bullshit. I went on jamboskickback just now and it is hoaching as is pieandbovril. 

The reason this placed is failing is down to the pricks running it. It would be much better to let it go and hopefully someone else can resurrect it. I personally would not gift you the steam off my last shit at this point. 

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

If you posted a thread in AOB when I joined and no cunt replied in an hour it would be on page 2 and doomed to no replies unless you bumped it which would bring howls of derision from the regulars. Now there is a two month gap between the first thread and the last on page 1 of AOB. Two months…

During the Euros I thought this board had become an absolute beemur. Can you imagine a fan from another country coming to check us out and all they see is a handful of posts from utter arseholes like rolling hills and chipper. They must think we are utter arseholes. Close this place, it is an embarrassment. 

As for blaming Facebook and Twitter. Utter bullshit. I went on jamboskickback just now and it is hoaching as is pieandbovril. 

The reason this placed is failing is down to the pricks running it. It would be much better to let it go and hopefully someone else can resurrect it. I personally would not gift you the steam off my last shit at this point. 

Haha. I like you Thplinth and agree with most of what you say. Don’t agree with you on this one though or with Brummie Hibs.

Why shut it? Because you don’t like it any more or don’t like the admin or mods? Because it’s not like it used to be? If that’s how you feel then just don’t come on here any more. 

I used to be on a lot, then lots of life shit happened and I stopped. Tried to come back on but forgot my password and didn’t have the email address anymore to reset it so came on as new. Recently, I got locked out of this board like a lot of people have (like Fringo for example). Eventually I got back on but I realised I hadn’t missed it and have pretty much stopped posting again.

Youre right, it’s different, I take a look on here now once a day or maybe once every 2 days. I used to look on here every hour. Even so, there’s still people on here posting so it serves a purpose. Keep it open, even if it ends up with just 2 posters on here it’s still a valuable asset for those 2 people. It feels a bit selfish to say close it because it’s not as good as it was.

At least if you’re advocating closing this board suggest an alternative - like the one you and a few others were setting up just in case this one went down overnight :) That’s still open - even though there’s only one or two people posting on it.

On 8/2/2021 at 8:22 PM, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Hope everybody is well? First post i've made since March. Had a wee read every now and again.

Good to hear from you Lairdy 😊 Is that wee grandson keeping you busy now that you are able to see him more regular ?
Cant believe its been 8 months since you posted your xmas tree with all its health and safety hazards,  it’s almost time to get it up again 😁

On 8/2/2021 at 7:50 PM, thplinth said:

Good to hear from you too thplinth, in all your angst and torment 🙂 I didnt take you for a pieandbovril kinda guy , you are full of wee surprises. Are you on a tea break ? 

On 8/2/2021 at 9:18 PM, Tiny Tim said:

Haha. I like you Thplinth and agree with most of what you say. Don’t agree with you on this one though or with Brummie Hibs.

Why shut it? Because you don’t like it any more or don’t like the admin or mods? Because it’s not like it used to be? If that’s how you feel then just don’t come on here any more. 

I used to be on a lot, then lots of life shit happened and I stopped. Tried to come back on but forgot my password and didn’t have the email address anymore to reset it so came on as new. Recently, I got locked out of this board like a lot of people have (like Fringo for example). Eventually I got back on but I realised I hadn’t missed it and have pretty much stopped posting again.

Youre right, it’s different, I take a look on here now once a day or maybe once every 2 days. I used to look on here every hour. Even so, there’s still people on here posting so it serves a purpose. Keep it open, even if it ends up with just 2 posters on here it’s still a valuable asset for those 2 people. It feels a bit selfish to say close it because it’s not as good as it was.

At least if you’re advocating closing this board suggest an alternative - like the one you and a few others were setting up just in case this one went down overnight :) That’s still open - even though there’s only one or two people posting on it.

It will soon be just you and me TT, dont worry I will just chat away to myself the days you aren’t on here . I might even watch episode 2 of Home for Christmas whilst I am waiting for you .
I have been watching Catastrophe which is very funny. 

FFS. So I am guessing Grim Jim is PB and Tiny Tim is Donny.

If the place is so ace what is with the cloak and dagger routines you pair of plonkers? :lol:

:moon:

28 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Good to hear from you Lairdy 😊 It’s almost time to get it up again 😁

You just can’t help yourself can you? 

29 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I might even watch episode 2 of Home for Christmas whilst I am waiting for you .

I can’t even remember if it was any good, I’m hoping you watch a few so you can tell me. Clarkson’s Farm is my current favourite. Will give Catastophe a go.

On 8/2/2021 at 10:18 PM, Tiny Tim said:

Why shut it?

This board is dead. No one posts on it. 

The mods are gone / don't care.

Consequently a handful of embarrassing nuts are able to dominate it and as a consequence make the "Tartan Army" look like raving tits. 

Please just close it and let some other group start a new one. No one is coming back here. 

Consequently a handful of embarrassing nuts are able to dominate it and as a consequence make the "Tartan Army" look like raving tits. 

Please just close it and let some other group start a new one. No one is coming back here. 

People do post on it. Not as many as in the past and the content is very different. You might not like it, I might not like it as much as I did but come on man - who are you to say close it? If it’s of no value to anybody it’ll close itself but I think it is still of value to quite a lot of people.

I agree, it needs more active moderation but it’s not up to us because neither of us post much on here. I never have, you have though and you have the bigger and more respected voice so don’t ask me to close it. Why don’t you use your voice for good and rid the place of the embarrassing nuts like you would have 10 years ago? I’ve no say or have anything to do with this board except to post nonsense every now and then. The biggest thing I’ve done on here is to teach you how to fry an egg :-))

8 hours ago, Tiny Tim said:

People do post on it. Not as many as in the past and the content is very different. You might not like it, I might not like it as much as I did but come on man - who are you to say close it? If it’s of no value to anybody it’ll close itself but I think it is still of value to quite a lot of people.

I agree, it needs more active moderation but it’s not up to us because neither of us post much on here. I never have, you have though and you have the bigger and more respected voice so don’t ask me to close it. Why don’t you use your voice for good and rid the place of the embarrassing nuts like you would have 10 years ago? I’ve no say or have anything to do with this board except to post nonsense every now and then. The biggest thing I’ve done on here is to teach you how to fry an egg :-))

Take out half a dozen people posting youtube music videos and there would hardly be a post.

So in language you can better relate to...

9 hours ago, Tiny Tim said:

You just can’t help yourself can you? 

😬 Christmas and Birthdays only.

9 hours ago, Tiny Tim said:

I can’t even remember if it was any good, I’m hoping you watch a few so you can tell me. Clarkson’s Farm is my current favourite. Will give Catastophe a go.

If you dont like Catastrophe I swear to God I will eat a portion of  Ramy’s anaemic meat .

Still cant bring myself to watch anything that Clarkson is in despite the good reviews for the show. Is there a pill I can take for this ? Might ask thplinth what he takes that keeps drawing him back here 😁

10 hours ago, Tiny Tim said:

Have an upvote. 
Things change and NOTHING is ever as good as it was in the early years of anything 🙁

People post on here for different reasons, some are mainly serious and factual, others not so much. I dont notice the nutters too much as I dont go on the non TA section very often. And if I am one of the embarrassing nutters I will happily take my leave if it is for the greater good of the board, no one should stay where they are not wanted 😊 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Might ask thplinth what he takes that keeps drawing him back here 😁

Well I know you are only joking but I'll answer anyway. I had jacked it for a good while and came back on to voice my disgust at what had been done and was being done to Alex Salmond. Did not realize just how long that would drag on... I was shocked at how gullible people were and how easily they stabbed the guy in the back. Still am.

Only two groups have ever seen all the evidence available. The civil judges at the Court of Session, these are the top civil judges in Scotland. And also the jury at the criminal trial. In both instances Alex Salmond could not have won more emphatically. Top civil judges and a jury of his peers, same outcome. He wiped the floor with them on both occasions. The aaid one on here is an absolute piece of work by the way... wow.

If you look at the actions of the SNP Government throughout the Salmond stitch-up it was / is deeply shocking (at least to me). And it raises some extremely troubling questions about Nicola Sturgeon. It is not just a few little things... it is from the start to the finish. And it is almost everything. It is really fucking bad.

So then by the time that shitshow came to a conclusion (i.e. the Fabiani Farce) it was the eve of the election and ALBA formed so I figured fuck it... might as well hang about during the election.

Then the euros were coming up and I thought I'd been on here since 2005 and never experienced the TAMB with Scotland at a tournament. Thought it might even turn the board around. Was very surprised at just how dead it remained. I think that was the point I realized it was truly fucked and it would be better to close it and let someone else somewhere start another one. Pages of Rolling Hills and Chripper coming out with the most honking patter I have ever seen on here is an embarrassment for the TA as this is the TAMB. People reading that guff would quite naturally think 'these people are utter arseholes'. And who could argue with them.

I thought the stitch-up of Craig Murray also merited comment. Another absolute low point post 2014. I am curious just how far it will go before some on here start to wake the fuck up. Never by the looks of it.

I am not into suicide posts. I'll be around, just not very often.

You take care now.

17 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Good to hear from you Lairdy 😊 Is that wee grandson keeping you busy now that you are able to see him more regular ?
Cant believe its been 8 months since you posted your xmas tree with all its health and safety hazards,  it’s almost time to get it up again 😁

Good to hear from you too thplinth, in all your angst and torment 🙂 I didnt take you for a pieandbovril kinda guy , you are full of wee surprises. Are you on a tea break ? 

It will soon be just you and me TT, dont worry I will just chat away to myself the days you aren’t on here . I might even watch episode 2 of Home for Christmas whilst I am waiting for you .

Thanks TDYER. I'm good, hope you are too? Not seen the wee fella since July last year but he is coming to visit in 3 weeks. Moved house to Upper Langbank (still the port). New house, new Christmas tree with health and safety procedures in place.

i came back on after a very long absence during the euros to see what was happening. It was a bit of a let down, all those barren years of no competition football and the place was heaving, first finals in over 2 decades and there's hours between posts.

It's a real shame that the place is the way it is, it's not really user friendly either with adverts appearing every time you open a page.

Ive found Pharts posts on the coronavirus thread to be good.

11 hours ago, chaff said:

i came back on after a very long absence during the euros to see what was happening. It was a bit of a let down, all those barren years of no competition football and the place was heaving, first finals in over 2 decades and there's hours between posts.

You posted something during it all along the lines of 'it is so quiet'. That was also the post that made me realize just how far it was gone. That is also the difference between seeing it gradually versus suddenly.

You and Kernie would fill out two of my top three favourite posters on here. No matter how far this place sinks it was worth it infinitely over to have 'met' all you folks.

On 8/4/2021 at 1:09 PM, thplinth said:

Well I know you are only joking but I'll answer anyway. I had jacked it for a good while and came back on to voice my disgust at what had been done and was being done to Alex Salmond. Did not realize just how long that would drag on... I was shocked at how gullible people were and how easily they stabbed the guy in the back. Still am.

Only two groups have ever seen all the evidence available. The civil judges at the Court of Session, these are the top civil judges in Scotland. And also the jury at the criminal trial. In both instances Alex Salmond could not have won more emphatically. Top civil judges and a jury of his peers, same outcome. He wiped the floor with them on both occasions. The aaid one on here is an absolute piece of work by the way... wow.

If you look at the actions of the SNP Government throughout the Salmond stitch-up it was / is deeply shocking (at least to me). And it raises some extremely troubling questions about Nicola Sturgeon. It is not just a few little things... it is from the start to the finish. And it is almost everything. It is really fucking bad.

So then by the time that shitshow came to a conclusion (i.e. the Fabiani Farce) it was the eve of the election and ALBA formed so I figured fuck it... might as well hang about during the election.

Then the euros were coming up and I thought I'd been on here since 2005 and never experienced the TAMB with Scotland at a tournament. Thought it might even turn the board around. Was very surprised at just how dead it remained. I think that was the point I realized it was truly fucked and it would be better to close it and let someone else somewhere start another one. Pages of Rolling Hills and Chripper coming out with the most honking patter I have ever seen on here is an embarrassment for the TA as this is the TAMB. People reading that guff would quite naturally think 'these people are utter arseholes'. And who could argue with them.

I thought the stitch-up of Craig Murray also merited comment. Another absolute low point post 2014. I am curious just how far it will go before some on here start to wake the fuck up. Never by the looks of it.

I am not into suicide posts. I'll be around, just not very often.

You take care now.

I think a lot of people are not convinced that there has been some sort of stitch up , to the same extent as you, and therefore don’t feel the exasperation you do. Others dont like AS so probably dont care. 
I found the whole thing a bit reliant on he said/ she said factor but I will be the first to admit I did not go through it with a fine tooth comb. 
My view is that all the main people involved have probably been economical with the truth to some degree, no one gets to a high level in politics without an element of self interest and ruthlessness ( same could be applied journalists) . Whether that extends to setting up a former mentor on a rape charge I do not know. 
I have got to the stage with politics that nothing would surprise me, but it is a huge claim to make and I haven’t seen enough to convince me.
I can however understand your frustration  when you think otherwise. I get as frustrated as hell when someone cannot see the benefits Scottish independence would bring, to me its clear we would be better off out the UK , but someone else looks at the same information and sees something different,  and cannot be convinced. I would be fookin raging if I felt someone I had a big respect for was set up for an appalling crime. 

On the Euros, I enjoyed the board and felt it was a lot busier. I pretty much ignore RH and Chripper so they didnt bother me much. I did respond to something Chripper said in his Taylor1996 creation , which he didnt take very well. I think he may have been banned for his response as I dont think he has  been seen since . At least when the board finally dies I can say I made one worthwhile contribution during my time  😬

I don’t  agree with you on everything thPlinth  but without a shadow of a doubt the board is less ‘interesting’  without you 🙂

On 8/4/2021 at 3:49 PM, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Thanks TDYER. I'm good, hope you are too? Not seen the wee fella since July last year but he is coming to visit in 3 weeks. Moved house to Upper Langbank (still the port). New house, new Christmas tree with health and safety procedures in place.

You must be desperate to see him  ! I am forgetting he is not exactly round the corner and with the tight lockdown over winter there wasn’t much opportunity to visit . He will be huge compared to last time you saw him in person. 

Good to know you have moved a bit closer to BoW ! If I ever manage to run further than Quarries I will track you down from the smell of Mrs Lairdys home baking and the heavy panting of an old geezer being chased round the garden by a toddler 😊

I am ok. Fed up with Covid like everyone else but been very lucky with my health during it all do shouldn’t complain. I am missing overseas holidays the most. I am also missing new underwear. Me and Mr Tidy have wee holiday rituals, I  get 7 pairs of new knickers and he gets a new toothbrush whenever we go abroad. I hope to god I dont get run down before I get on a plane again as my knicker collection looks like something from WW2. 

Hope you and Mrs Lairdy have a great time with your grandson 👍

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

You must be desperate to see him  ! I am forgetting he is not exactly round the corner and with the tight lockdown over winter there wasn’t much opportunity to visit . He will be huge compared to last time you saw him in person. 

Good to know you have moved a bit closer to BoW ! If I ever manage to run further than Quarries I will track you down from the smell of Mrs Lairdys home baking and the heavy panting of an old geezer being chased round the garden by a toddler 😊

I am ok. Fed up with Covid like everyone else but been very lucky with my health during it all do shouldn’t complain. I am missing overseas holidays the most. I am also missing new underwear. Me and Mr Tidy have wee holiday rituals, I  get 7 pairs of new knickers and he gets a new toothbrush whenever we go abroad. I hope to god I dont get run down before I get on a plane again as my knicker collection looks like something from WW2. 

Hope you and Mrs Lairdy have a great time with your grandson 👍

Yes, the wee man is walking now, really looking forward to seeing him in person. Glad your doing well and hope you get your knickers soon. 

I wonder if the TAMB owners wish it to grow or not. If so, there must be plenty things that could be done to promote it more actively.  Do they ever reach out to women football players and supporters for example, who may be involved in the grassroots game, but people who wouldn't necessarily think of themselves as "members of the Tartan Army"? (Is the TAMB as diverse as the TA? Is the TA as diverse as the Scottish population?) What about younger supporters? Etc.

If the problem is anything to do with other social media, why not combine forces? It wouldn't take much effort to have a TAMB Twitter account. Even a few posts a day - a few minutes a day from someone(s) - could generate some interest, especially around matchday.  A TAMB Twitter account could draw attention to debates of the day (just like newspapers do), driving traffic to the site. Obviously this could be selective, most likely just TA specific, like things to do with players, formations, matches, managers, also some of the 'controversial' issue of the day, but avoiding club football and 'any other business'.

I don't see individual posters as a problem. As I see it, the more voices, and the more representative of football supporters in general, the better, and that reduces the relative impact of those considered annoying. (The 'good old days' wasn't necessarily reflective of Scottish supporters in general, either). In fact, if part of the aim of the TAMB is to help generate not just activity on TAMB, but stimulate supporting Scotland in general (and why shouldn't it?) then we could do with a more positive, actively engaging, inclusive, outward looking stance.

Edited by exile

On 8/3/2021 at 10:49 PM, thplinth said:

Obviously an exagerration. THere were about 300 topics during the Euros in the TA Specific/Euro 2020 threads so not quite right. The nuts are predodminantly posting on Football Related so easily avoided.

On 8/4/2021 at 12:13 AM, Tiny Tim said:

I wrote to the Mods about one of said 'nutters' during the Euros and they were removed so Mods can be active if contacted direct. They don't read very post.

On 8/4/2021 at 1:09 PM, thplinth said:

The aaid one on here is an absolute piece of work by the way... wow.

The Salmond affair is not really a fault of this board is it? A lot of posters were well-read on the subject with some varying opinions which is what this board is all about isn't it? 

On 8/4/2021 at 7:11 PM, Brummie Hibs said:

Question to the the current owners of TAMB. 

Would you be willing to transfer everything - name, domain name, Intellectual property, etc., basically everything, to new owners for a nominal amount? 

In principal. 

Would that really change things though?

On 8/5/2021 at 9:27 AM, chaff said:

It's a real shame that the place is the way it is, it's not really user friendly either with adverts appearing every time you open a page.

Ive found Pharts posts on the coronavirus thread to be good.

Must admit it was a bit disapppinting that more of the old posters didn't appear during the Euros. Some did though and made a decent fist of it  - unlike the team. WHy didn't you post more during the Euros? There ware some decent topics and discussions.

12 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

On the Euros, I enjoyed the board and felt it was a lot busier. I pretty much ignore RH and Chripper so they didnt bother me much. I did respond to something Chripper said in his Taylor1996 creation , which he didnt take very well. I think he may have been banned for his response as I dont think he has  been seen since . At least when the board finally dies I can say I made one worthwhile contribution during my time  😬

I don’t  agree with you on everything thPlinth  but without a shadow of a doubt the board is less ‘interesting’  without you 🙂

Understand some of the sentiments but to me the best thing to do is keep posting (with decent topics) and just ignore the crap - usually in Football Related. It did get busier at the Euros though I thought more would come back and post. The board has attracted it's fair share of bampots over the years but for the most part, it didn't spoil the Euros for me - certainly not as much as the performances🥴. But agree they were a pain at times and have undoubtedly dragged the quality of the board down considerably. I sent a message to the Mods about one of them and they were removed so a minor respite. I'm pretty sure the lack of success over the years has also driven others away - I mean 80,000 members and 1,743 online in Jan 2020 but don;t think it got over 1000 during the Euros? There can also be a bit of a mob mentality by some particulalry about club allegiances but think that FB is worse and the Board Needs Tunes thread keeps me fairly well occupied between games. Hopefully we can make another tourney soon otherwise I suspect things are likely to diminish further.