TAMB - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just putting this out there, its a cracking forum that shouldn't be taken for granted, a mixture of folk from different place and angles,, even Alan was aright ๐Ÿ˜ณ i was gutted when there was a risk the TAMB was going to be no more!! LONG LIVE TAMB ๐Ÿ‘โœŒ๏ธ๐Ÿบย 

TAMB's hope of a post-closedown threat resurgence was scuppered when the admins failed to quickly clampdown on the reoccurring and obvious twats that drove all the good guys away.ย 

ย 

TAMB deserves to die. I never thought I'd say that, but I dont give a damn about it anymore.ย 

37 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

TAMB's hope of a post-closedown threat resurgence was scuppered when the admins failed to quickly clampdown on the reoccurring and obvious twats that drove all the good guys away.ย 

ย 

TAMB deserves to die. I never thought I'd say that, but I dont give a damn about it anymore.ย 

Seems a bit extreme !?

I largely agree with your first point though.

15 hours ago, Brummie Hibs said:

ย 

Says the guy who averages 55 posts per year over a 17 year stay. With those stats, it would suggest that you never gave a damn.

And who are these "good guys"?ย 

The tipping point for the TAMB was when a person created a poll, (asking for a poster to be banned) The result was an unequivocal backing of the target poster. Since then, the creater of the poll hasn't been seen since and all those silly "Mods, ban poster x" have stopped.

Since then, this place has settled down and I've seen less insults and personal abuse. So perhaps these "good guys" weren't that good after all.

I'll say to you what I say to people who appeal to the mods to ban people, or tell posters to leave. If you don't like the TAMB, and "want it to die", go away and create your own forum and fill it with all your "good guys".

And for the record, the silent majority of the TAMB are nice people. It was the vocal minority that were the problem - The onesย that thought they owned this place and could dictate who should post here and who shouldn't.ย 

Edited by Taylor1996

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

Says the guy who averages 55 posts per year over a 17 year stay. With those stats, it would suggest that you never gave a damn.

The tipping point for the TAMB was when a person created a poll, (asking for a poster to be banned) The result was an unequivocal backing of the target poster. Since then, the creater of the poll hasn't been seen since and all those silly "Mods, ban poster x" have stopped.

Since then, this place has settled down and I've seen less insults and personal abuse. So perhaps these "good guys" weren't that good after all.

I'll say to you what I say to people who appeal to the mods to ban people, or tell posters to leave. If you don't like the TAMB, and "want it to die", go away and create your own forum and fill it with all your "good guys".

And for the record, the silent majority of the TAMB are nice people. It was the vocal minority that were the problem - The onesย that thought they owned this place and could dictate who should post here and who shouldn't.ย 

Well since you've trawled my stats, I've had a look at yours and I see you only joined TAMB in Dec 2018, so you'll be unaware of all the good guys that have left in the last 17 years, so no point referencing them. And anyway, these folk are not going to come back - unlike some trolls that re-spawn on aย constant basis.

20 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Well since you've trawled my stats, I've had a look at yours and I see you only joined TAMB in Dec 2018, so you'll be unaware of all the good guys that have left in the last 17 years, so no point referencing them. And anyway, these folk are not going to come back - unlike some trolls that re-spawn on aย constant basis.

Thats only one of his profiles. One of the few to be banned

I used to have a nosey almost every day for years, sometimes a couple of times a dayย and foundย it broke up work etc and was quite interesting and entertaining. For years I never had anyone on ignore yet in the last year or so, had to stick a couple of complete wasters with absolute zero redeeming qualities on ignoreย ย in quick succession. The problem was, these two complete cocks tended to litter the board multiple times aย day.ย Its probably not a coincidence that I probablyย only have a quick check nowย a couple of times a week, rather than a couple of times a day. A quick glance usually confirms its the same limited content with these two roasters leading the charge.ย 

Compared to a few years ago itย is fairly shit, of that there is no doubt ๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

Thats life, not a big dealย ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

10 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

So the guy that posted over 17 years on one loginย doesn't give a damn but the guy that on his umpteenth login in a few years for speaks for us all is only really relevant in the mind of someone that thinks Steve Clarke only calls in here for tactical advice.

42 minutes ago, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

So the guy that posted over 17 years on one loginย doesn't give a damn but the guy that on his umpteenth login in a few years for speaks for us all is only really relevant in the mind of someone that thinks Steve Clarke only calls in here for tactical advice.

The mob have been indulged long enough.

The remaining members of said mob have been well and truly put back in their box.

ย 

Edited by Taylor1996

2 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

The mob have been indulged long enough.

The remaining members of said mob have been well and truly put back in their box.

ย 

We had a vote, we still think youโ€™re a worthless cunt. Only Rolling Hills 5 logins disagree.ย