Show us your Christmas tree.... - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Show us your Christmas tree....

12 hours ago, davierobbsagod said:

love to post it /them if I could can't quite work out the tamb on my phone hence no pics,1st time grandad/granny so wifes going mental with xmas we have 4 boys/men but now a granddaughter....place looks like unicorns nest ....

😊 you definitely dont need the stress of the TAMB on your phone thats for sure.

That wee girl will be spoiled rotten by all you men.

One of my work colleagues has 4 kids aged 7 and under. Older kids are boys and younger 2 are twin girls.  He took a day off on Thursday which was meant to be for himself as you can imagine he doesnt get much free time. But the girls nursery had to close and he had to spend the days ‘playing dolls’ 😁

Not to be confused with ‘wheres the pies’s’ dolls ! 😊

This pubs shut thing is great (naw it isnae) all pressies bought and wrapped with almost a fortnight to spare. Definitely a record for me 👍. Now where's that glühwein?

Edited by bonzo

7 hours ago, bonzo said:

This pubs shut thing is great (naw it isnae) all pressies bought and wrapped with almost a fortnight to spare. Definitely a record for me 👍. Now where's that glühwein?

Plenty time for wrapping on Xmas eve. I’ve bought everything for the missus, but I’ve no idea where I’ve left it all 😂

On 12/12/2020 at 5:28 PM, TDYER63 said:

HURRY UP TIM ! 

Here you go. They ended up having a drink with me and so did it today.

I wasn't going to post it but someone was a bit confused by my last post which amused me. Looking at the only person that was posting at the time the confused emoji appeared suggests it's my pal that still thinks I'm Rolling Hills and will be wondering why I'm talking about having a wife and daughter :lol:

So here it is, as over the top as they come. The train was my idea, my dad bought it for one of my daughters when she was wee and I found it covered in cobwebs when I was cleaning out the shed during lockdown. He died a few years ago so I thought I'd give it another run. 

All I need to do now is convince RH to post a photo of his tree and we can stop my pal from being so confused :wave: Come on RH, get your tree up.

Merry Christmas TAMB folk.

IMG_9690.jpg

8 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

I wasn't going to post it but someone was a bit confused by my last post which amused me. Looking at the only person that was posting at the time the confused emoji appeared suggests it's my pal that still thinks I'm Rolling Hills and will be wondering why I'm talking about having a wife and daughter :lol:

So here it is, as over the top as they come. The train was my idea, my dad bought it for one of my daughters when she was wee and I found it covered in cobwebs when I was cleaning out the shed during lockdown. He died a few years ago so I thought I'd give it another run. 

All I need to do now is convince RH to post a photo of his tree and we can stop my pal from being so confused :wave: Come on RH, get your tree up.

IMG_9690.jpg

What's on the top?

45 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Plenty time for wrapping on Xmas eve. I’ve bought everything for the missus, but I’ve no idea where I’ve left it all 😂

Done that before, I hid a bottle of perfume that well I found it the following summer 😄

11 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Done that before, I hid a bottle of perfume that well I found it the following summer 😄

To be honest, if I can’t find it, she won’t mind, she’s not materialistic anyway. 

But if she’s lost the bairns ps5, there will be hell to pay, I’ve been looking forward to Xmas for weeks because of this 😂

My understanding is that the Germans (from whom we adopted this particular custom) traditionally only put up the tree on Christmas Eve so I'm reluctant to put the tree up too early. Normally I'll go for any day after the third Sunday in Advent, so I'll buy a tree some time this week. I did see a tree in someone's house on 15th November the Sunday after Remembrance Day which struck me as a bit on the early side. 

4 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

My understanding is that the Germans (from whom we adopted this particular custom) traditionally only put up the tree on Christmas Eve so I'm reluctant to put the tree up too early. Normally I'll go for any day after the third Sunday in Advent, so I'll buy a tree some time this week. I did see a tree in someone's house on 15th November the Sunday after Remembrance Day which struck me as a bit on the early side. 

Ours normally goes up after our oldest’ birthday (11th dec) but we just fancied some cheer this year, probably like a lot of folks. 

Also, I’ve been listening to Xmas music since the start of November, so the wife finally relented. 

I love Xmas and the music, love it. 

15 hours ago, Tiny Tim said:

IMG_9690.jpg

Thats a beautiful tree TT. And a perfect ‘  top branch to angel ratio’ 😁

And the train is a lovely touch. Is that @Caledonian CraigI see driving it delivering presents ? 😊

Weird reaction to your previous post, ignore it. 

20 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Okay there is my Christmas tree. Merry Christmas to Tambers everywhere.

16078913768788828593567424236463.jpg

Never saw this coming in the male dominated football message board arena but, although it may be a bit metrosexual, really wanted to let you know of my awe and admiration regards your tinsel!   

On 12/12/2020 at 5:23 PM, TDYER63 said:

Haha, tbh his Rangers affliction is about the only criticism I could make about him. There’s not many young guys could live for 9 months with their girlfriends parents and remain so cheery.

I did have a wee laugh at the Morelos photo as he knows I really don't like him. But if a UJ appears up there next week he is out on his arse , 2 weeks before xmas or not 🙂

Anyway, get yer tree up. You are only allowed to post on here if you submit a Christmas tree. 

Surely the Morelos photo is fine. It's traditional to have a star on top of the tree. 

Butchers apron though- fair enough!

32 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Surely the Morelos photo is fine. It's traditional to have a star on top of the tree. 

Butchers apron though- fair enough!

😁

It’s turning up everywhere.  I dont have Elf on the Shelf I have Alf on the Shelf. 

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Hope this works.
Recorded this at a wee TAMB get together . How many posters do you recognise ? 

Brilliant, I've downloaded the app and spent the past 2 hours making videos of family and friends 😆. Don't want to say too much but I think there's an Oscar in the post 😂

9 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Brilliant, I've downloaded the app and spent the past 2 hours making videos of family and friends 😆. Don't want to say too much but I think there's an Oscar in the post 😂

😂😂

I have a day off today and made up 3 videos once i got my wrapping finished .

I was struggling to find 5 people who had posted a pic of themselves on here and I was going to use that hairy faced one you posted with the sunglasses on the grooming thread. But I thought an elf with a face fully covered in hair might scare any kids reading the board 😬 

I had to actually take a screenshot  of a newspaper article Slasher had posted about his book, which had a picture of him in it 😁

7 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂😂

I have a day off today and made up 3 videos once i got my wrapping finished .

I was struggling to find 5 people who had posted a pic of themselves on here and I was going to use that hairy faced one you posted with the sunglasses on the grooming thread. But I thought an elf with a face fully covered in hair might scare any kids reading the board 😬 

I had to actually take a screenshot  of a newspaper article Slasher had posted about his book, which had a picture of him in it 😁

Didn't spot a frog in there ? ☹️