Show us your Christmas tree.... - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Show us your Christmas tree....

I have no data left to post photos, I need to buy some.. In saying that, we have 3 Christmas trees up, yes 3. My wife is a Christmas lunatic. My house is lit up like Time Square in New York..  She loves Christmas. My gift to her is paying the hydro bill for the month of December...🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 were you pished last night Bonzo ?

Use your imagination .

EF5F09FF-164E-4F53-A33A-8264FF01F2B7.thumb.jpeg.387ca4e837ed5ee8e0c611bd5b6b7356.jpeg

Aye, how did you guess? 😁

Mrs B is ragin because I took the photo before she had put the curtains up 😂

1 hour ago, stirlish said:

She was on the wine when she dressed the tree "it'll feckin dae"

16073686817991603032117611663060.jpg

😂 the wee guy hiding on the speaker in the corner is probably thinking, ‘one more glass and she would have me up there and that top branch up my arse’. 

I like it 😊

2 hours ago, stirlish said:

She was on the wine when she dressed the tree "it'll feckin dae"

16073686817991603032117611663060.jpg

Isn’t the whole point for it to be bright and colourful and with personal, meaningful mementoes of Christmases past? Ours is always a bit riotous and disordered. People with perfectly symmetrically decorated trees and awful bland things that look like they’ve been done by an interior designer are for the watching. I salute whoever did this.

14 hours ago, duncan II said:

Isn’t the whole point for it to be bright and colourful and with personal, meaningful mementoes of Christmases past? Ours is always a bit riotous and disordered. People with perfectly symmetrically decorated trees and awful bland things that look like they’ve been done by an interior designer are for the watching. I salute whoever did this.

Get away with your negativity Duncan . Its Christmas !  🎄🧑🎄🎅

People can choose to decorate their tree whatever way they like even if if is boring and symmetrical. Its not boring to them and not everybody has mementoes of Christmas past.

Plus,  I thought you didnt like wacky?  😁

My tree has baubles made from  CD’s with bits of bright paper glued on them when my kids were young, but not everyone has kids or things like that as mementos. I have a wee bear decoration that my youngest daughter used to play with when she was young. She used to take it off the tree and make up wee stories , there are some tiny plastic angels that she would use too. She moves out the house and into her first flat next month and I am putting them in her stocking for her to take for her own tree next year.  

Sorry , went on a bit of a nostalgic ramble there 🙄

C’mon , get your tree up  ! 

19 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Get away with your negativity Duncan . Its Christmas !  🎄🧑🎄🎅

People can choose to decorate their tree whatever way they like even if if is boring and symmetrical. Its not boring to them and not everybody has mementoes of Christmas past.

Plus,  I thought you didnt like wacky?  😁

My tree has baubles made from  CD’s with bits of bright paper glued on them when my kids were young, but not everyone has kids or things like that as mementos. I have a wee bear decoration that my youngest daughter used to play with when she was young. She used to take it off the tree and make up wee stories , there are some tiny plastic angels that she would use too. She moves out the house and into her first flat next month and I am putting them in her stocking for her to take for her own tree next year.  

Sorry , went on a bit of a nostalgic ramble there 🙄

C’mon , get your tree up  ! 

Didn’t think I was being negative. I was sticking up for someone’s disordered tree that was getting laughed at! I think messy ones are the best, as can be seen by ours. Incidentally, the drunk fairy at the top was going to be replaced this year but the star we got was too heavy, so she’s back.

EF6C2BCD-C3CF-47E6-AFC7-AF7D46750DCC.jpeg

On 12/6/2020 at 7:40 PM, TDYER63 said:

Tidy’s tree. It’s distinctly boring compared to the rest of you plus its a total shit photo.  I am gonna have to up my game next year. Might need to hire some real reindeers and no just a cushion. 

F6D73D7F-0B9A-4313-AB8E-9F4D92023122.thumb.jpeg.7fa230e6c0873105ce253744bd656ca3.jpeg

Looks fine.

You might want to have a word with your carpet fitter though?  😋

35 minutes ago, duncan II said:

Didn’t think I was being negative. I was sticking up for someone’s disordered tree that was getting laughed at! I think messy ones are the best, as can be seen by ours. Incidentally, the drunk fairy at the top was going to be replaced this year but the star we got was too heavy, so she’s back.

EF6C2BCD-C3CF-47E6-AFC7-AF7D46750DCC.jpeg

You were only being negative about symmetrical  tree lovers. Even symmetrical tree lovers have hearts you know 🙂

I think most folk would have been laughing with Stirlish’s tree and not at it. It’s great. 
As is yours. Canny beat a real tree, they are worth getting for the smell alone.  

I literally crossed my legs when I saw your fairy right enough, ouch. Get that branch cut. You will probably find the star is fine too when it isnt trying to pole vault a 9 foot ceiling.