Wembley (something different) - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wembley (something different)

slasher

I’m considering a Thames cruise charter on the day of the game as maybe a prelude to Trafalgar Sq. I’ve made some tentative enquiries and obviously everything is a bit on  the ‘mibbes aye’ side however I’ve determined that I’d need around 60 to make it viable. A quiet expression of interest would be enough at this stage as this might not get off the ground. 
I envisage a 3 hr cruise down the Thames probs kicking off at Greenwich and taking in Westminster. The boat would have a bar but be relaxed about carry outs, a buffet is possible but not essential and of course TA tunes would be blaring. I’m thinking 12 - 3 pm on the day of the game giving people the time to do the square pre match as well.

This is very much a ‘thinking out loud’ exercise so don’t set too much store by it. As in the case of the Danube trip once all costs were met, profits to TASA

Let me know what you think guys plz 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I'll keep you all posted on how it goes. Probably looking at April before I can confirm any details, in the meantime if people can continue to register an interest that will give me the clarity I need on numbers/viability etc. 

12 hours ago, slasher said:

I'll keep you all posted on how it goes. Probably looking at April before I can confirm any details, in the meantime if people can continue to register an interest that will give me the clarity I need on numbers/viability etc. 

Can’t beat the sail down the Danube from Vienna to Bratislava, although it should be warmer!

A391E3EC-3A23-4C3C-A04C-AC3BB32DCCC8.jpeg

Sounds interesting. Hopefully taking my boy for his first away trip, no chance of tickets, but this could be a way to keep his interest up instead of watching me scoofing from midday in Trafalgar Square. 

He can watch me scoof with a bit of culture about him instead 👍🏽

9 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

You're gonna to need a bigger boat... 

Oh most of the boats are plenty big m8. Most of the carriers are being a bit coy on pricing at the moment probably because of the pandemic. From what I know numbers of around 60+ would be a break even figure. If the numbers go higher I can reduce the price unless they charge a premium per passenger. From memory I ran the Danube trip pretty tight to try and keep the cost down but its all guesswork until I get the green light from someone. 👍

Edited by slasher

5 hours ago, slasher said:

Oh most of the boats are plenty big m8. Most of the carriers are being a bit coy on pricing at the moment probably because of the pandemic. From what I know numbers of around 60+ would be a break even figure. If the numbers go higher I can reduce the price unless they charge a premium per passenger. From memory I ran the Danube trip pretty tight to try and keep the cost down but its all guesswork until I get the green light from someone. 👍

Do we no have a spare Aircraft Carrier in Rosyth? that'll dae no? 

20 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

Do we no have a spare Aircraft Carrier in Rosyth? that'll dae no? 

We're bound to be fighting a new war on terror or whatever when the pandemic is over, so it'll probably be unavailable. 😂

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've sent an email today withdrawing my interest in this in case anyone was wondering. As it stands I'm not sure if I'll bother making the trip. I certainly won't be going ticketless just to stand in Trafalgar sq getting pissed and then watching in some Wetherspoons or other. 

Thanks to everyone who showed an interest...... maybe next time 👍

4 hours ago, slasher said:

I've sent an email today withdrawing my interest in this in case anyone was wondering. As it stands I'm not sure if I'll bother making the trip. I certainly won't be going ticketless just to stand in Trafalgar sq getting pissed and then watching in some Wetherspoons or other. 

Good effort considering this mate! 

Next time like you say! 👍🏻

6 hours ago, slasher said:

Aye slasher we're thinking the same. My brother stays in London might still go down and spend a couple of days with him.

20 hours ago, slasher said:

This was a great idea Slasher, had I decided to go to London would have been in contact. 
Nothing stopping you organising a scenic trip down the Clyde right enough for all of us who cant get tickets 😬