Maradona - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I saw him play at Hampden in 79. My dad took me to see Ardies, Luque and Kempes, but the real star, was some kid nobody had really heard of, Maradona.

I've been lucky enough to see some real world class players in the flesh, Beckenbauer, Cruyff, George Best, Messi, both Ronaldos, Zico, blah blah, blah, but the greatest I ever saw was Maradona.

7 hours ago, irnbruman said:

I think it would be just brilliant if we can go to Wembley and as a tribute sing his song the whole match .would totally piss the English off as well. A true Scottish footballing hero.

Thats would be better than any ttibute to marcus rashford.

1 hour ago, ThistleWhistle said:

It's difficult to compare generations but imagine he played now rather than when defenders just went around walloping folk:

Looks like he could handle himself though!!!  

No doubt some great players from that era might have struggled to adapt to the new rules of the modern game, but I don't think he would have been one of them. Imagine how many goals he would have scored, if he was playing in today's game, where proper tackling has been pretty much outlawed?