English Whores - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

English Whores

0Neils40yarder

Do the ultimate FU. tie them to us in world cup qualifiers in March, then leave them out of the EURO squad. 

Truthfully I don't know what to do. we do need strengthening post EURO's but these guys gave zero f**ks for us, untill we qualified for the EURO's and could take the EURO spots of guys who earned us qualification.

I mean there is no denying that Che Adams, Angus Gunn, Ryan Fredericks, Karlan Grant, Matt Targett, Joe Bryan and whoever else pops out of the woodwork, gives us much stronger strength in depth. But What kind of message does it send though? You can do well but as soon as the English guy who doesn't really care, changes his mind, you're dumped.

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

39 minutes ago, syecosse said:

So what if the guy plays for us, my boy was born in England and I would be so proud if he grew up and represented Scotland but also he will yes unfortunately more than likely be raised in England, so all his friends and influences except my side of the family will be English, so at first he might want to represent England, but I will try my hardest and persuade him to play for Scotland if he was good enough, but when I read some of the comments not just on these page but others I feel embarrassed that if and yes it is a if, my boy if he were good enough to represent Scotland when older that he would probably get so much shit and have to work a lot harder than some guy probably a dick  but born in Dumbarton(no offence to anyone from Dumbarton) would not, now I know people are going to say but he rejected us, I understand the guy was young, and so what every other country does it, look at other sports also but no one cares in those nations or sports, there is probably some grandad, dad or mother who's proudest day is that they are representing Scotland, So whether they are English born, togo born, Scottish born, Liechtenstein born, play for An old firm team, Arbroath or whoever, I will support them because they represent Scotland. 

Birthday card pish 😂😂😂 

Half joking but the guy just isn’t Scottish.

Its not even about being born in England, it’s rejecting the offer to represent us. 

1 minute ago, ParisInAKilt said:

One grandparent.

Cheers. That's fair enough then. If he wants to play for us and the managers thinks he is good enough then he will get my support. If i was manager, I would wait until after the EUROs before I picked him though. 

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Cheers. That's fair enough then. If he wants to play for us and the managers thinks he is good enough then he will get my support. If i was manager, I would wait until after the EUROs before I picked him though. 

I’d support him as well, in the case of thinking he’s good enough then may as well get I’m in the euro squad assuming he does well in the games before next summer 

14 hours ago, romanticscot said:

Well, I am for working within the rules to make us the best team possible.  I can't comment on Che Adams if he is better than what we have, if he is go ask him, if not don't bother.  I do think when we have the likes of Nisbet, hopefully more to come from Shankland this year, Griffiths to improve his fitness  and....Naismith there are Scottish lads who can give us stronger performance up front that just may mean we don't need wildcard call ups up front.  If we are talking about someone amazing then I'll happy eat my hat and say go for it with a little more passion than I'm feeling right now.   I just looked and Naismith will nearly be 35 next summer, so I would rather Fraser Hornby was moved into the first team at his or McBurnie's expense.   

It has happened twice already and he turned us down. That says straight away is heart is not in it and is only changing his mind as he sees this as his only chance to play in a major international football tournament. Sorry that is so wronmg it is unreal. I cannot see how anyone can feel comfortable with this.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

But he doesn't want to play for us. He's already told us that twice with two refusals. Passion to play for Scotland is how Denis Law summed it up in the pre-Serbia match video posted on here and Adams has not one ounce of that.

6 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

More than I thought ty. 

You're welcome.

I still have them on TiVo.

People should remember that when they're criticising McBurmie. Those matches were in the summer, after a long season. He could've easily have claimed tiredness and went on holiday with his mates. He didn't.

As for Che Adams. He's rejected playing fir our u21s and the seniors.

I would ask him to switch allegiance till AFTER Euro 2020. The squad who got us there deserves to play in the Euros. Besides, if Adams does want to play for us, he'll wait on us like he's made us wait on him.

Edited by Taylor1996

3 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Do the ultimate FU. tie them to us in world cup qualifiers in March, then leave them out of the EURO squad. 

Aye, thats an idea...   

However if he comes on and scores 3 goals , what then ?  

What would the TAMB have said about Stuart McCall?

was he no stripped to come on for England? 

There was no internet then so no keyboard warriers

If Stevie Clarke picks him that will be fine by me and he will get my support....

Edited by stocky

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

You're welcome.

People should remember that when they're criticising McBurmie. Those matches were in the summer, after a long season. He could've easily have claimed tiredness and went on holiday with his mates. He didn't.

I would ask him to switch allegiance till AFTER Euro 2020. The squad who got us there deserves to play in the Euros. Besides, if Adams does want to play for us, he'll wait on us like he's made us wait on him.

McBurnie has done exactly that for much more recent & important games.

20 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Hornby has done nothing to warrant being called up. 

My point is I would rather call up someone who will gain something from being called up than a 35 year old at the end of his career. Naismith has been a great player, some may see it a token call up but I see it as an investment.      

10 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

In other words you are talking of the same bodily part you always do. 

If your going to talk bollocks at least be able to back it up.

Idiot

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talksport.com/football/753670/oli-mcburnie-sheffield-united-friendly-scotland-foot-injury/amp/

There you go Princess. Short memory you have.

You also seem to try and argue with everyone it’s quite amusing. 

4 hours ago, stocky said:

Aye, thats an idea...   

However if he comes on and scores 3 goals , what then ?  

What would the TAMB have said about Stuart McCall?

was he no stripped to come on for England? 

There was no internet then so no keyboard warriers

If Stevie Clarke picks him that will be fine by me and he will get my support....

I was joking.

If you read the rest of what I wrote I said we need the strength and depth, but I'd feel bad for those who'd have to miss out after working hard to get us to qualify.

26 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talksport.com/football/753670/oli-mcburnie-sheffield-united-friendly-scotland-foot-injury/amp/

There you go Princess. Short memory you have.

You also seem to try and argue with everyone it’s quite amusing. 

That was done to death at the time. His manager and Clarke agreed at the time that there was no point a half fit player being called up.

He then had a 45 minute jog in a pre season friendly to aid his recovery.

Do I argue with every one? I thought it was just the McBurnie bashers.

6 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

You're welcome.

The only bit I disagree with is the 'the squad who got there deserves to play at the euros'...no time for sentiment, if Billy Gilmour for example nails a place in the Chelsea side, then he should be in the squad and someone will have to drop out...pick our best squad

17 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

The only bit I disagree with is the 'the squad who got there deserves to play at the euros'...no time for sentiment, if Billy Gilmour for example nails a place in the Chelsea side, then he should be in the squad and someone will have to drop out...pick our best squad

Yeah. I'll go along with that.

Billy Gilmour is the only exception to the rule. Even if he's on loan or even on the Chelsea bench.

22 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

McLean will probably make way for Gilmour in that case 

Part of ally MacLeod's errors was sticking with tried and tested, 

Pick the guys on form at the time 

Edited by Archiesdad

22 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Billy Gilmour is a different matter though. He is Scottish corn and bred and has not been asked TWICE to represent us and turned it down. As mccaughey85 says leave Adams out until after the Euros then ask him. I'd bet you any money you want he'd then turn us down.

In any case this is all supposition and I smell newspaper BS. I reckon Che Adams won't ever play for us.