English Whores - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

English Whores

0Neils40yarder

...no, this isn't a thread about the ladies of the night, or where to find them in London...

...I've seen it mentioned that Che Adam's might be changing his mind about playing for us now that we have qualified for a tournament. The question is should we entertain people like him who, while no doubt being better than our other striking options, has knocked us back before and may only be now interested because we arent as pish as we used to be?

If we continue with our current formation Adams won't score goals for us either, which suits me fine, at least it will get people of McBurnies back.

Not sure of how many of our not 100% purebred Scotsmen other Dykes have not been involved since a young age.

In my opinion any one who was asked in their 20's and said no should not be approached again. Teenagers are another matter.

I'm not so worked up or against him being selected. The guy was barely out of his teens when we approached him previously & he didn't want to commit at that time. That i can respect as i think it's a lot different to someone having the I'm not interested as I'm English type of attitude.

I haven't seen much of him but from what I've saw he looks a pacy powerful player with decent technique who can actually finish. If we want to continue with our current feel good factor can we really afford to ignore a eligible player like that?

So if Steve Clarke thinks he is the type of forward & character we need I'd welcome him with open arms..

9 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

If we continue with our current formation Adams won't score goals for us either, which suits me fine, at least it will get people of McBurnies back.

Not sure of how many of our not 100% purebred Scotsmen other Dykes have not been involved since a young age.

In my opinion any one who was asked in their 20's and said no should not be approached again. Teenagers are another matter.

Dykes has scored twice in our current formation. Ppl are on mcburnies back because he plays terrible for us in every game he plays. He looks like he's never seen a football before when he plays for us. I am hoping we can get Nisbet in because if dykes is injured I would much prefer Nisbet over mcburnie. 

As for Che Adams I have said before I don't want him in our squad but I am pretty certain that if he chooses us then he will be in the squad and he would be an upgrade on what we have.

digging out mcburnie in so many threads must be tiring, no?

only a fool would say he’s had a good game for us recently..... but he’s not as bad as you think. He can’t be. He’s scored bundles in the championship and had a couple of big money moves, signed by folk who know more than you. Don’t make this into yet another mcburnie slagfest.

back the players, & if Clarke is giving him a go why don’t you?

12 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

digging out mcburnie in so many threads must be tiring, no?

only a fool would say he’s had a good game for us recently..... but he’s not as bad as you think. He can’t be. He’s scored bundles in the championship and had a couple of big money moves, signed by folk who know more than you. Don’t make this into yet another mcburnie slagfest.

back the players, & if Clarke is giving him a go why don’t you?

I am guessing this is aimed at me. He is that bad..... for us. I think Clarke will be giving him limited chances from now on and if he does decide to give him more chances then say goodbye to us getting out of the groups or getting a wc play off spot. Clarke nearly fukked the Serbia game bringing him on. Surely hes smart enough to see what everyone else can clearly see. 

Can’t understand anyone’s defence of McBurnie.

The price tag means nothing he’s absolute pish and does zero for us, except stop us winning games we should.

I want him to come good and he tries hard but the stubborn defence of him is fairly baffling....

Anyway - English players who decide we are now an appealing option can do one. Including Adams. 

McBurnie is atleast committed and cares. 

Well, I am for working within the rules to make us the best team possible.  I can't comment on Che Adams if he is better than what we have, if he is go ask him, if not don't bother.  I do think when we have the likes of Nisbet, hopefully more to come from Shankland this year, Griffiths to improve his fitness  and....Naismith there are Scottish lads who can give us stronger performance up front that just may mean we don't need wildcard call ups up front.  If we are talking about someone amazing then I'll happy eat my hat and say go for it with a little more passion than I'm feeling right now.   I just looked and Naismith will nearly be 35 next summer, so I would rather Fraser Hornby was moved into the first team at his or McBurnie's expense.   

Edited by romanticscot

3 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Well, I am for working within the rules to make us the best team possible.  I can't comment on Che Adams if he is better than what we have, if he is go ask him, if not don't bother.  I do think when we have the likes of Nisbet, hopefully more to come from Shankland this year, Griffiths to improve his fitness  and....Naismith there are Scottish lads who can give us stronger performance up front that just may mean we don't need wildcard call ups up front.  If we are talking about someone amazing then I'll happy eat my hat and say go for it with a little more passion than I'm feeling right now.   I just looked and Naismith will nearly be 35 next summer, so I would rather Fraser Hornby was moved into the first team at his or McBurnie's expense.   

Hornby has done nothing to warrant being called up. 

No thanks for me. Our boys who wanted to play for Scotland got us to Euro 2020. Those that were approached before and said "No" can get to fuck.,... Alba Gu Breath 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

1 hour ago, theabsentee said:

I'm not so worked up or against him being selected. The guy was barely out of his teens when we approached him previously & he didn't want to commit at that time. That i can respect as i think it's a lot different to someone having the I'm not interested as I'm English type of attitude.

I haven't seen much of him but from what I've saw he looks a pacy powerful player with decent technique who can actually finish. If we want to continue with our current feel good factor can we really afford to ignore a eligible player like that?

So if Steve Clarke thinks he is the type of forward & character we need I'd welcome him with open arms..

We already have players with English accents in the team, or we have had previously. 

Edited by davy-hay

Wonder what Steve Clarke will do on this. 

He’s previously spoken about eligible players but the squad he has have performed out their skin (atleast v Serbia) to qualify so you’d expect some loyalty. 

For example Angus Gunn becomes Scottish & surely he won’t bin McCrorie, McLaughlin etc. 

20 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Tbf alot of guys who ain't Scottish have represented us in the past. 

Absolutely and I probably said the same thing about them, the grandparent qualifiers, joke of a rule overall.

In saying that I understand those who say we should pick any player who qualifies and improves the team, I suspect Clarke would pick Adam if both apply 

So what if the guy plays for us, my boy was born in England and I would be so proud if he grew up and represented Scotland but also he will yes unfortunately more than likely be raised in England, so all his friends and influences except my side of the family will be English, so at first he might want to represent England, but I will try my hardest and persuade him to play for Scotland if he was good enough, but when I read some of the comments not just on these page but others I feel embarrassed that if and yes it is a if, my boy if he were good enough to represent Scotland when older that he would probably get so much shit and have to work a lot harder than some guy probably a dick  but born in Dumbarton(no offence to anyone from Dumbarton) would not, now I know people are going to say but he rejected us, I understand the guy was young, and so what every other country does it, look at other sports also but no one cares in those nations or sports, there is probably some grandad, dad or mother who's proudest day is that they are representing Scotland, So whether they are English born, togo born, Scottish born, Liechtenstein born, play for An old firm team, Arbroath or whoever, I will support them because they represent Scotland.