10IAR v 1'IAR'? - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

11 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

We will win the league, we are just to good. We have had a wee dip in form, but that will get sorted. I have it on good authority. 10 titles done with honesty, dignity, and integrity.. Glasgow is Green and White....  BR 1314

Good piece from Bill Leckie.  Just a quote from him about the greatest fans in the world.

A club legend in Lennon is being vilified, a unique skipper in Scott Brown is being painted as a liability, everything the dressing room has grafted for and has delivered is being undermined, supporters are at each other’s throats.

And all the while, Steven Gerrard leads Rangers from game to game preaching that same humility Celtic have lost sight of, picking horses for courses and churning out result after result.

8 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Good piece from Bill Leckie.  Just a quote from him about the greatest fans in the world.

A club legend in Lennon is being vilified, a unique skipper in Scott Brown is being painted as a liability, everything the dressing room has grafted for and has delivered is being undermined, supporters are at each other’s throats.

And all the while, Steven Gerrard leads Rangers from game to game preaching that same humility Celtic have lost sight of, picking horses for courses and churning out result after result.

Steven Gerrard is an arshole... End off..

Bill leckie is either stupid or just throwing out some click bait.

i suspect the latter because anyone with an interest in football knows a player or manager status at any club means nothing if they arent performing.

Edited by vanderark14

7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Bill leckie is either stupid or just throwing out some click bait.

i suspect the latter because anyone with an interest in football knows a player or manager status at any club means nothing if they arent performing.

I agree with that VA.  Celtic are 2nd in the league.  Have hardly lost a game this season.  In the Scottish Cup Final.  Results haven't been great in Europe obviously.  Would you swap that for Aberdeen?  Yet the Goon Brigade want Lennon and the Board out.  Mental.  Standing outside with their banners, dearie me.  They have cost Celtic thousands with these stupid banners in Europe and even managed to get themselves banned from Parkhead.  I can't think of another set of fans in Scotland that would do that.  But there you go.  Facts are cheils that dinna whing.

4 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I agree with that VA.  Celtic are 2nd in the league.  Have hardly lost a game this season.  In the Scottish Cup Final.  Results haven't been great in Europe obviously.  Would you swap that for Aberdeen?  Yet the Goon Brigade want Lennon and the Board out.  Mental.  Standing outside with their banners, dearie me.  They have cost Celtic thousands with these stupid banners in Europe and even managed to get themselves banned from Parkhead.  I can't think of another set of fans in Scotland that would do that.  But there you go.  Facts are cheils that dinna whing.

Erm, ok.🤦🏻‍♂️

On 11/25/2020 at 7:18 AM, Rolling hIlls said:

You talk some amount of shite Hawkeye

On 11/24/2020 at 12:32 PM, Morrisandmoo said:

I've been firmly in the camp of rangers not winning anything ever again is the better outcome.

In the past, anytime I've softened a bit - rangers fans come to rugby park and remind me how much they hate Catholics. And I remember why they are the worst. 

However, given it's inevitable that Rangers one day will win something. This year might be the best year, since I don't need to listen to their shite.

Aye, if Covid had to happen any year then one of these 'will they/won't they get 10 in a row' years is the time for it. Once it's done and dusted I wonder how much interest even Celtic & Rangers fans will have in thumping teams of freebies and loans season in, season out?

15 hours ago, mr mojo risin said:

Aye, if Covid had to happen any year then one of these 'will they/won't they get 10 in a row' years is the time for it. Once it's done and dusted I wonder how much interest even Celtic & Rangers fans will have in thumping teams of freebies and loans season in, season out?

Rangers will want to build on their success and win the title again(assuming they win this one) and celtic will aim to stop them and win the title again. Celtic fans interest might slide a fair bit but rangers fans will be desperate to keep putting the boot into celtic and their fan base will be madly passionate about it for a years to come. 

I actually think Scottish football will become more interesting for fans as celtic have just hoovered up every trophy for the last 4 years or so which is a bit boring. 

22 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Of course they wouldn't swap that for Aberdeen. But considering the position of strength celtic have had over rangers and the mess rangers have been in. Coupled by the fact celtic have hoovered up every trophy this past few years then their fans must of felt that the 10iar was there for the taking. Alot of celtic fans were taking the 10 for granted imo and were probably wondering when rangers would be strong enough to properly challenge. Celtic fans are rightly pissed off at how poor they have been this season.

They have managed to keep hold of their big hitters like ajer and edouard etc and they could of went out and spent huge money on proper stars to secure the 10iar. They also chose the budget option with neil lennon as manager and its starting to show big time. 

Celtic fans are devastated right now and so they should be. This was billed as the dream season that would be potentially their greatest and now its turned into their worst nightmare. 

If the roles was reversed then rangers fans would be the exact same. 

For the first time in years, I will honestly admit I am worried. In years past, I always had a feeling Celtic would find a way, this year I am not so sure. As much as I despise rangers, they are playing good consistent football, their results in Europe as well are impressive. This is by no means a quick fix, Celtic better do something asap or this 10IAR is over.....

51 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

For the first time in years, I will honestly admit I am worried. In years past, I always had a feeling Celtic would find a way, this year I am not so sure. As much as I despise rangers, they are playing good consistent football, their results in Europe as well are impressive. This is by no means a quick fix, Celtic better do something asap or this 10IAR is over.....

Rolling rolling rolling!  Don't you get worried by a football.  You are worse than sean connery.  Claiming to be Scottish and don't reside here.  Plastic Scotsman 😀

4 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Rolling rolling rolling!  Don't you get worried by a football.  You are worse than sean connery.  Claiming to be Scottish and don't reside here.  Plastic Scotsman 😀

It was not my decision to move to Canada, its was ma Da who brought us here because of work. If I had of stayed in Scotland, I would have played for both Celtic FC, and our National Squad. That is a fact.... Still bothers me...

Just now, Big Ramy 1314 said:

It was not my decision to move to Canada, its was ma Da who brought us here because of work. If I had of stayed in Scotland, I would have played for both Celtic FC, and our National Squad. That is a fact.... Still bothers me...

Excuses excuses excuses.  Why haven't you moved back to the land of the brave?  We will need people like you when it comes to the Independence vote and the invasion of England..  You will  be considered cannon fodder if that is alright 😀

14 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Excuses excuses excuses.  Why haven't you moved back to the land of the brave?  We will need people like you when it comes to the Independence vote and the invasion of England..  You will  be considered cannon fodder if that is alright 😀

Listen Davey. If Scotland were to ever invade Engerland, I would gladly walk over broken glass from Ottawa to the shores of Nova Scotia, and then swim the shark infested waters of the Atlantic ocean to stand in the front line with my fellow Scots, kilted up and playing my Bagpipes, bravely ready to get tore right fuckin intae the cnuts... THAT is a fact..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

2 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Of course they wouldn't swap that for Aberdeen. But considering the position of strength celtic have had over rangers and the mess rangers have been in. Coupled by the fact celtic have hoovered up every trophy this past few years then their fans must of felt that the 10iar was there for the taking. Alot of celtic fans were taking the 10 for granted imo and were probably wondering when rangers would be strong enough to properly challenge. Celtic fans are rightly pissed off at how poor they have been this season.

They have managed to keep hold of their big hitters like ajer and edouard etc and they could of went out and spent huge money on proper stars to secure the 10iar. They also chose the budget option with neil lennon as manager and its starting to show big time. 

Celtic fans are devastated right now and so they should be. This was billed as the dream season that would be potentially their greatest and now its turned into their worst nightmare. 

If the roles was reversed then rangers fans would be the exact same. 

When we got back in to the SPL (top league) under both Warburton and Pedro we were that bad that I fully believed Celtic would get to 12 or 13 before someone stopped them.  I'm taking nothing for granted however for the first time since then I definitely believe we're in a position to be able to realistically stop them winning the league.