10IAR v 1'IAR'? - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

The Rangers EBT years didn't start til after 9IAR.

I am well aware of that, but the rest of Scotland could not compete with Rangers with the money they splashed out on big name players. That is a fact. Where did all this money come from? He man, this is just my own take on this...

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

I’ll admit I’m terrible at understanding what people are trying to say some times. So I’ll assume what you mean from the above is that yes, Rangers did win 9IAR entirely fairly and that feat was in no way linked to the EBT scheme that led to the tax avoidance issues seeing as said scheme started 4 years after the last 9IAR season. 

Anyhoo, assume we’re In agreement with these facts so I’ll bow out of this thread now and apologies for the temporary derailment. 

Fair enough. Ya still cheated ya bastards..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I am well aware of that, but the rest of Scotland could not compete with Rangers with the money they splashed out on big name players. That is a fact. Where did all this money come from? He man, this is just my own take on this...

I dunno 40,000 season ticket holders, Champions League, brings in a lot of revenue. Similar to what Celtic did after they got their act together.

Worth noting the spine of Rangers 9IAR team, during a period when foreign players were limited in European competition, were Scottish, several of whom couldn't even get into the Scotland team. So the gulf wasn't that enormous. 

11 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

You guys love each other. You need each other. You are toxic for the rest of us. If only there was a ... blah blah

8 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Wrong. I did not start flinging the mud.. He gets off on it. Strange to be honest...

And with that, the prosecution rests our case. 

1 minute ago, Toepoke said:

I dunno 40,000 season ticket holders, Champions League, brings in a lot of revenue. Similar to what Celtic did after they got their act together.

Worth noting the spine of Rangers 9IAR team, during a period when foreign players were limited in European competition, were Scottish, several of whom couldn't even get into the Scotland team. So the gulf wasn't that enormous. 

Don’t point out facts to him, making up stories is a lot more fun. 

38 minutes ago, Stockholm 1980 said:

10 in a row is not good for any country ( although one team didn’t compete for four seasons due to cheating on an industrial scale) even if it’s the other side of the arse that prevents it happening. 

FTFY 👍

On 11/23/2020 at 5:24 AM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

So exactly like Celtic the past 9 years then?

I've been firmly in the camp of rangers not winning anything ever again is the better outcome.

In the past, anytime I've softened a bit - rangers fans come to rugby park and remind me how much they hate Catholics. And I remember why they are the worst. 

However, given it's inevitable that Rangers one day will win something. This year might be the best year, since I don't need to listen to their shite.

1 hour ago, Morrisandmoo said:

I've been firmly in the camp of rangers not winning anything ever again is the better outcome.

In the past, anytime I've softened a bit - rangers fans come to rugby park and remind me how much they hate Catholics. And I remember why they are the worst. 

However, given it's inevitable that Rangers one day will win something. This year might be the best year, since I don't need to listen to their shite.

Aye, the up the Ra Brigade are a whole better I suppose and their hatred towards proddies!  🌙

22 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Aye, the up the Ra Brigade are a whole better I suppose and their hatred towards proddies!  🌙

Quite frankly they are a lot better when it comes to bigotry.  

Not that any instance is excusable but for every one song I hear about orange bastards I hear 20 about hating Catholics. 

If you want to pretend that Catholics and protestants face equal levels of abuse then fair enough. But you are just pretending that that is true. 

1 minute ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Quite frankly they are a lot better when it comes to bigotry.  

Not that any instance is excusable but for every one song I hear about orange bastards I hear 20 about hating Catholics. 

If you want to pretend that Catholics and protestants face equal levels of abuse then fair enough. But you are just pretending that that is true. 

Nah, not about whataboutery, I hate it as much as you.  But have a friend who is a Celtic fan according to him the Celtic fans are just as bad but don't get the same bad press.  And he goes to the games (pre=covid).  Just taking his word for it.  The Celtic fans have cost their club in fines from Uefa mors than any club I know.  Ask Motherwell which set of fans do the most damage to seats etc.  I think we all know the answer to that.  The only reason I picked you up is that the bampots on either side are equally guilty.  Ya catholic B!!!  Only kidding pal, as I said, I wish it could be eradicated but not in our lifetime I am afraid Scotland Forever.