BLM - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

BLM

Cheds

I'm sure there are no issues with the Black Lives Matter initiative but thinking if mibbies the TA could do something to recognize Marcus Rashford's work this year. Me thinks it would really get under the skin of a good portion of their support as well as recognizing the lads work ... I am ready to be carpeted for extending credit to a player from  the one nation we don't indulge.  

Any thoughts? 

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Can't say I follow what he gets up to very closely, so I might have missed something. But is his campaigning linked to BLM in any way?

Was just in the midst of posting the same. Rashford's campaign is against childhood hunger I think. 

11 hours ago, Cheds said:

I'm sure there are no issues with the Black Lives Matter initiative but thinking if mibbies the TA could do something to recognize Marcus Rashford's work this year. Me thinks it would really get under the skin of a good portion of their support as well as recognizing the lads work ... I am ready to be carpeted for extending credit to a player from  the one nation we don't indulge.  

Any thoughts? 

AYE FVCK RIGHT OFF AND FBLM YA FVKIN WOKE PR1CK

21 hours ago, Cheds said:

Any thoughts? 

I like the idea. He deserves credit for his work.

22 hours ago, Cheds said:

I am ready to be carpeted for extending credit to a player from  the one nation we don't indulge.  

You won't be... by anyone with a functional brain stem.

Rashford is a shining example to every famous person, not just footballers.

If a person is in a fortunate position to make change - and help the less fortunate - and they do, they should be praised, by all corners.

He certainly sets a better example than David "I'm not giving UNICEF my f*cking money" Beckham. 

Im not massively one for footballers taking the knee before games, largely as it's not tied to specific desires changes. Les Ferdinand very eloquently dismissed it some time back as a pointless exercise. However it might make a bit of an impact of teams did it at the Euros, might send out a powerful message to one of two idiot supporters.

On 11/21/2020 at 5:45 PM, Cheds said:

Any thoughts? 

Good idea. 

A round of applause when his name is called out before kick off. Or a chant or two.

But when the whistle blows boooooo the fuck out of him and aw the rest.

Fair point on the politics from a number of folks.  That splits opinions probably aboui used t 50/50. Someone else made a good t point that what I was getting at was his work for disadvantaged children ... spot on.  I was too lazy to come up with a decent thread name so just lumped it in with BLM. 

There was suggestion that the TA charity activity somehow link with his work as a bit of recognition. Certainly won't be clapping him once the game kicks-off. In fact wi a bit of luck he'll still no be fit. 

If Rashford and other rich footballers stopped all their tax avoidance antics and paid the taxes us and all these underprivileged folk have to, then there would be enough coffers in the Treasury to pay for all these free meals, etc., without the need for all these hollow, psuedo-saviour gestures from media attention whores. 

On 11/29/2020 at 9:54 PM, Brummie Hibs said:

If Rashford and other rich footballers stopped all their tax avoidance antics and paid the taxes us and all these underprivileged folk have to, then there would be enough coffers in the Treasury to pay for all these free meals, etc., without the need for all these hollow, psuedo-saviour gestures from media attention whores. 

Just footballers? How about Lewis Hamilton, etc?

And "media attention whores" is a bit strong. These days media is the only way to get things changed. What do you think of Boris Johnston's reaction to Rashford if he send him a letter. He would've been ignored, or patronized.

It came out in the media, therefore, Johnston's hands were tied.

Rashford is young, he's a millionaire, he has the best job in the world, he plays for the biggest club in the word, he plays at World Cups, etc. One thing in his young life that he hasn't been short of, is media attention.

• 2 months later...