Virtual Christmas Party - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Virtual Christmas Party

I have been asked to help organise the works Virtual Christmas Party and looking for ideas. Has anyone got any suggestions for about 25 people ? I am hoping not to go down the quiz route as everyone is fed up of them.
I usually enjoy the works Christmas party but cant say I am looking forward to this one. 

A few weeks ago a tv casting company maddogcasting.com were looking for go go dancers for a new film they are making which is set in Glasgow and Dundee, no experience was necessary.  I was joking with my colleagues that I had auditioned for it.
So I was maybe thinking of recreating the theme tune for Flashdance and videoing it saying it was my audition. I could use Mr Tidys spin bike for the start of the song , and his drill and my daughters Ikea covid visor for the welding bit. I could get Mr Tidy to pour water from a watering can over me for the bit she gets wet. 
That would only take 3mins 19 secs  though I need another 2 hrs 52 mins.
 I havent used my singing lesson course yet so I am no singing. 
 Any ideas?
 A company that does everything would be easier. Has anyone booked or organised anything ? 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I have been asked to help organise the works Virtual Christmas Party and looking for ideas. Has anyone got any suggestions for about 25 people ? I am hoping not to go down the quiz route as everyone is fed up of them.
I usually enjoy the works Christmas party but cant say I am looking forward to this one. 

A few weeks ago a tv casting company maddogcasting.com were looking for go go dancers for a new film they are making which is set in Glasgow and Dundee, no experience was necessary.  I was joking with my colleagues that I had auditioned for it.
So I was maybe thinking of recreating the theme tune for Flashdance and videoing it saying it was my audition. I could use Mr Tidys spin bike for the start of the song , and his drill and my daughters Ikea covid visor for the welding bit. I could get Mr Tidy to pour water from a watering can over me for the bit she gets wet. 
That would only take 3mins 19 secs  though I need another 2 hrs 52 mins.
 I havent used my singing lesson course yet so I am no singing. 
 Any ideas?
 A company that does everything would be easier. Has anyone booked or organised anything ? 

Sooner The Gryffe Inn reopens the better 👀

2 hours ago, fringo said:

Virtual charades ? ☺️

Thats a decent shout Fringo, thanks. Nothing says Christmas quite like charades. I am not quite sure how we work it on zoom but there is a guy on the xmas party team who is pretty technical so he would probably know. 

2 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Sooner The Gryffe Inn reopens the better 👀

I havent been in the Gryffe for about 4 years , ever since the bar maid chased after when when I inadvertently left the pub at closing time with a full gin and tonic. 

Why not try something fun with different backgrounds?

It could also be a sort of person-based quiz (not general knowledge etc) but have images from different themes (holidays? work? special places?) that could be part of a 'fun' quiz getting to know about colleagues.

14 minutes ago, exile said:

It could also be a sort of person-based quiz (not general knowledge etc) but have images from different themes (holidays? work? special places?) that could be part of a 'fun' quiz getting to know about colleagues.

That's pretty much what I suggested. 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I'm guessing that the photocopier will be inaccessible. As a substitute you could get participants to send in photos of various body parts and have a "Guess Who" competition.

That could be a good laugh. Especially if we ask them to send the photos in when they are half cut .

A couple of months ago we had a short quiz at the end of the day and one part of the quiz was to send in a picture of your fridge , and we had to guess whose fridge it was. It was actually good fun, it was surprising how wrong we all were. No one got mine because there was no wine in it. But thats because my wine has a fridge of its own 😁

16 minutes ago, exile said:

Funnily enough ( and probably the reason I got roped into this) is because I organise a monthly bulletin that goes out to the team where 5 people are chosen to answer 5 questions about themselves. I ask 3 members of staff from my dept and also  2 ‘guest’ members from the wider organisation. 

Questions are like ‘ name your 5 favourite places’ , what 4 people , dead or alive, would you have for dinner, what are your 3 favourite bands, what 2 people would you haunt after your death, what song or piece of music describes your mood today ? 
It is a really good way to get to know people a bit better as you say. 
I am actually making next months a competition. I am mixing up everybody's answers and the staff need to guess who actually answered what. 

6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

That could be a good laugh. Especially if we ask them to send the photos in when they are half cut .

A couple of months ago we had a short quiz at the end of the day and one part of the quiz was to send in a picture of your fridge , and we had to guess whose fridge it was. It was actually good fun, it was surprising how wrong we all were. No one got mine because there was no wine in it. But thats because my wine has a fridge of its own 😁

Funnily enough ( and probably the reason I got roped into this) is because I organise a monthly bulletin that goes out to the team where 5 people are chosen to answer 5 questions about themselves. I ask 3 members of staff from my dept and also  2 ‘guest’ members from the wider organisation. 

Questions are like ‘ name your 5 favourite places’ , what 4 people , dead or alive, would you have for dinner, what are your 3 favourite bands, what 2 people would you haunt after your death, what song or piece of music describes your mood today ? 
I am actually making next months a competition. I am mixing up everybody's answers and the staff need to guess who actually answered what. 

Surely folk don't take it seriously, do they? Do they not just answer a load of pish? I would. After the novelty wore off, I would probably just tell you to mind yer ain fukin business.

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Surely folk don't take it seriously, do they? Do they not just answer a load of pish? I would. After the novelty wore off, I would probably just tell you to mind yer ain fukin business.

Depends who it is. Some folk answer seriously because they are serious people, but others just take the piss, thats why its good fun. Its being going on for about 5 months now. When everyone has had a turn I am stopping it , before, as you say, the novelty wears off. Plus I need to write a humorous blog to accompany it , i can do without that pressure every month . And  I am pretty sure they can too 😁

No one tells me mind my own fukin business right enough. No-one is THAT miserable 😉

17 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Depends who it is. Some folk answer seriously because they are serious people, but others just take the piss, thats why its good fun. Its being going on for about 5 months now. When everyone has had a turn I am stopping it , before, as you say, the novelty wears off. Plus I need to write a humorous blog to accompany it , i can do without that pressure every month . And  I am pretty sure they can too 😁

No one tells me mind my own fukin business right enough. No-one is THAT miserable 😉

That would be one of the more polite responses in my place of work. :lol:

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

No offence. I don’t know you but you’re a good contributor on here. But, by jeez, that’s everything I hate about offices. And thank f I now work from home with no wacky colleagues, or in fact anybody I need to talk to. Maybe (definitely) I’m a miserable sod though. 🥳

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I havent been in the Gryffe for about 4 years , ever since the bar maid chased after when when I inadvertently left the pub at closing time with a full gin and tonic. 

Well that’s not true, as you were in there with me and yer wee brother day after St Murn beat the Arabs in Play off final 🤷‍♂️

17 hours ago, duncan II said:

No offence. I don’t know you but you’re a good contributor on here. But, by jeez, that’s everything I hate about offices. And thank f I now work from home with no wacky colleagues, or in fact anybody I need to talk to. Maybe (definitely) I’m a miserable sod though. 🥳

😂no offence taken . I can assure you, there’s no bigger cynic than me. 
Just to clarify , I dont actually do this because I want to. Every quarter, each member of staff is set a ‘goal’ by their manager.  Some people are tasked with growing the sales book, some are tasked with streamlining processes , some are tasked with finding out details of our competitors’ rates etc.

Clearing playing to my capabilities,  I was tasked with finding out my colleagues’ favourite cartoon character. They know I have one eye on the door and no interest in all the corporate mumbo jumbo. 

In fairness it has actually gone down well. I take the piss a bit in it and if you get the mix of staff and questions right it can be quite funny. Sometimes its the people you least suspect that give the wittiest answers. It was brought in as a bit of fun during lockdown but as I said earlier, it will have a shelf life, there is no one more desperate for a bloody vaccine than me 😁 

16 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Well that’s not true, as you were in there with me and yer wee brother day after St Murn beat the Arabs in Play off final 🤷‍♂️

I forgot about that. That was during the day though, afternoon drinking doesnt count . I am still too mortified to go in at night.