World Cup Draw - Page 15 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

World Cup Draw

Toepoke

18 hours ago, davy-hay said:

I remember faro Islands once held Germany to 0-0 after 89 minutes.  

Final score was 0-2 though. 😕

I seem to recall them holding Czech republic to a draw til injury time, only for the Czechs to score from a throw in when they didn't return the ball to the Faroes after they had put the ball out for an injury.  Pretty sure it was our group and that result impacted the final outcome.  Could be wrong but cba doing the research 🤔

5 minutes ago, todd said:

I seem to recall them holding Czech republic to a draw til injury time, only for the Czechs to score from a throw in when they didn't return the ball to the Faroes after they had put the ball out for an injury.  Pretty sure it was our group and that result impacted the final outcome.  Could be wrong but cba doing the research 🤔

Euro 2000 Qualifying but it did not impact the final result in the group as Czechs finished top with 30 points and we were second with 18 points.

On 12/7/2020 at 7:00 PM, Sempre said:

The top 5 second place teams get their play-off semi at home, so imagine those points won't count when working it out.

(the venue of the final is random).

Aye, you are correct. :ok: After 2nd place in each group has been decided based on scores in all matches, the ten 2nd placed teams are compared against each other, after the scores from the sixth places teams have been discarded.

It's the top 6 2nd place teams though, as there are 6 semifinals,