World Cup Draw - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

World Cup Draw

Toepoke

1 minute ago, davy-hay said:

i think they will be hard away from home.   They weren't sh1te last time around.... but then that was 15 or 16 years ago.

Drew 1-1 there in last days of Vogts I think in 2006 qualifiers.

Realistically have to take 6 points off them to have any chance of 2nd, Faroes aswell.

Hopefully will play them away in normal season, can see loads of call offs if that's a June 2021 game.

Edited by Tartan Chris

2 minutes ago, davy-hay said:

i think they will be hard away from home.   They weren't sh1te last time around.... but then that was 15 or 16 years ago.

Toughest of the pot 6ers. But that is not really saying a lot. Know we drew 0-0 in Bertis last match but cannot remember the Hampden game, presumably when Smith took over. 

Just now, er yir macaroon said:

Were Austria in our group the last time we qualified? I think so or maybe it was the Euros. I think every home game we’d be favourites. 

WC 1998 qualifiers, in Vienna 0-0, think the last match of Duncan Ferguson's fledging Scotland career, beat them 2-0 at Parkhead, Kevin Gallacher scoring twice.

2 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Toughest of the pot 6ers. But that is not really saying a lot. Know we drew 0-0 in Bertis last match but cannot remember the Hampden game, presumably when Smith took over. 

Moldova we won 2-0 at hampden but it was stoppage time 2nd goal.

1-1 away to them

8 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

What's our record against Israel ? one win. one draw and two defeats.

Probably about as good as it could be though.

yeah somehow they actually came out on top of the head to head from our 5 recent games. 

Saw that they beat Austria 4-2 last year and lost 3-1 away. The whole group will struggle away to them. 

Home wins, away draws against the top 3 teams and away wins against the bottom two and we'll be at the World Cup. 😬

2 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

WC 1998 qualifiers, in Vienna 0-0, think the last match of Duncan Ferguson's fledging Scotland career, beat them 2-0 at Parkhead, Kevin Gallacher scoring twice.

They actually won that group didn't they so must've got better results v Sweden. Had some good players around that time with likes of Herzog and Toni Polster.

Same nowadays with Alaba and Arnautovic but you'd settle for them from pot 2 certainly compared to a couple of others.