Israel v Scotland Match thread - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Israel v Scotland Match thread

ceudmilefailte

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The result doesn't surprise me. We just do not match up well against them. They are a well-drilled side with players that can hurt given the chance. They park the bus and we struggle to score anyway so against a team like that we'll always find it doubly hard to break them down. We are just not clinical enough in front of goal.

What Clarke has to work on now is sharpening our attack and finishing. We have lost 1-0 in the last two games and you could not begrudge us wins in both games. It is the attacking third we need to improve in.

Its disappointing missing out on top spot but did we really want to go up a level and get dismantled by stronger nations? Onwards and get improving our attack.

How is he going to do that? Don't see anybody coming through ( Nesbit maybe, but short of time for Euros) 

Griffiths needs to get fully fit,  McBurnie and Paterson are a waste of a jersey, Shankland needs to prove himself at club level. Don't see anyone else in the horizon

So it looks like Dykes and Fraser.

1 minute ago, Burj_Alba said:

How is he going to do that? Don't see anybody coming through ( Nesbit maybe, but short of time for Euros) 

Griffiths needs to get fully fit,  McBurnie and Paterson are a waste of a jersey, Shankland needs to prove himself at club level. Don't see anyone else in the horizon

So it looks like Dykes and Fraser.

Have to agree, we don't have many goalscorers in our squad and Griffiths needs to get himself back fit before he can really make an impact. 

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

Have to agree, we don't have many goalscorers in our squad and Griffiths needs to get himself back fit before he can really make an impact. 

I like Griffiths. But can you imagine the outrage if McBurnie fluffed that chance the way he did?

We are no better than when McLeish left. We are no better than when Strachan left. We are no better than when Levein left..............................................I could go on. Changing the manager doesn't help. Our players just aren't good enough. We have enough average players to fill a couple of teams but we are missing those 2 or 3 top class players who could make the difference. I can't see where they are going to come from though.

Edited by Orraloon

Just now, mccaughey85 said:

We have lacked a prolific goalscorer since Kenny Miller. The fact of the matter is our goals come from our attacking midfielders as you can see by whose been in the goals for us lately in the form of McGinn, Christie, Fraser and Forrest. Only Dykes has chipped in with goals from a striker in the last couple of years if I remember correctly.

Just now, duncan II said:

I like Griffiths. But can you imagine the outrage if McBurnie fluffed that chance the way he did?

Yeh but mcburnie has fluffed everything since he started playing for us. That includes the basics of controlling a ball and making a pass. Mcburnie has rightly earned his slagging and I am sure he will earn some more. 

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

We are no better than when McLeish left. We are no better than when Strachan left. We are no better than when Levein left..............................................I could go on. Changing the manager doesn't help. Our players just aren't good enough. We have enough average players to fill a couple of teams but we are missing those 2 or 3 top class players who could make the difference. I can't see where they are going come from though.

Loving the tongue in cheek bants 🤣🤣🤣

Och we've traveled three countries in a week so need cut them some slack. That plus Serbia extra time was probably why we were a bit sluggish moving and Armstrong would have probably been an option if not suspended.

It was a bit worrying we resorted to just lumping it second half whereas a team as limited as them were zipping it about. The boy having four touches in the box before shooting was really dodgy. Their right back defo seems have the beating of Robertson.

Griffiths is well worth half an hour.

Like it or not McBurnie and Dykes are pretty much the same player and neither will ever score many goals. They both had one shot each at goal(Dykes had none in the Serbia game) But you still need one of them on the pitch so if you play another striker  with either of them you can only play one of Christie, McGinn or Fraser