Israel v Scotland Match thread - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Israel v Scotland Match thread

ceudmilefailte

Just now, mariokempes56 said:

For all Dykes strengths,  we need a Griffiths . Stop pissing about as if we're Spain trying to walk it in.  I think all the praise has gone to few heads. 

Correct, O'Donnel's whatever it was, McGregor's terrible cut back and Christies through but decides to pass. 

This is not looking good.

Think what the last game and a half has highlighted is that whilst obviously delighted we are in the euros . We are still a fairly limited side.

There has been a lot of talk from the likes of McFadden of us having too much for sides . That’s very england type talk.

we have never looked any better than Israel all these times we have played them 

So the group as it stands is sort of going to what might have been predicted, COVID aside...

I mean at times like this, feels maybe we have found our level.

But we should have managed to get ahead and still have time to do it.

Edited by exile

5 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

How on earth are Israel rated 88th in world rankings? I kept on saying we were under rating them.

1 clean sheet in 12 and swear it said earlier they lost 7 of their last 12.

We let them look decent - that right back has been like Cafu every time we play them.

12 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

How on earth are Israel rated 88th in world rankings? I kept on saying we were under rating them.

It’s because despite bettering us and being almost identical to us.

They do also get papped by shite teams.

They appear to be our bogey team.

14 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

For all Dykes strengths,  we need a Griffiths . Stop pissing about as if we're Spain trying to walk it in.  I think all the praise has gone to few heads. 

Could have started Griffiths, spent 45 minutes on the edge of our own box and created zero chances but we will never know.