Israel v Scotland Match thread - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Israel v Scotland Match thread

ceudmilefailte

13 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

The parallels with the under 21s last night are striking. Needed to win, the other team which could qualify won their match comfortably. Playing a team who were already eliminated. 

Were better than the other team but couldn't break them down. 

Would’ve agreed with you in the first half but not the second. Israel were comfortably the better team in the second half. 

2 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

What a ration it was Tbf. 

Yes indeed, not complaining!

Looking back, we could so easily have crashed out either of the playoffs.

We played that one ration just when it mattered.

1 minute ago, ParisInAKilt said:

All over them? It was pretty even I thought

Aye really even

Home TeamIsraelAway TeamScotland
Possession
Home49%
Away51%
Shots
Home11
Away19
Shots on Target
Home2
Away7
Corners
Home2
Away12
Fouls
Home11
Away11

The result doesn't surprise me. We just do not match up well against them. They are a well-drilled side with players that can hurt given the chance. They park the bus and we struggle to score anyway so against a team like that we'll always find it doubly hard to break them down. We are just not clinical enough in front of goal.

What Clarke has to work on now is sharpening our attack and finishing. We have lost 1-0 in the last two games and you could not begrudge us wins in both games. It is the attacking third we need to improve in.

Its disappointing missing out on top spot but did we really want to go up a level and get dismantled by stronger nations? Onwards and get improving our attack.

Just now, Third Lanark said:

And Israel are as well. We have NO ONE in the class of Zahravi or Solomon. That is the harsh truth. And our main weakness is we are stuffed when we have to come from behind.

Wow I think you are being a bit pessimistic. We looked better and produced better chances than Israel tonight. They however took their chance and we never looked like taking anything. 

Just now, mccaughey85 said:

Wow I think you are being a bit pessimistic. We looked better and produced better chances than Israel tonight. They however took their chance and we never looked like taking anything. 

And we will likely have to play them again. And we haven't beaten them in 5 attempts discounting the penalties.