Jump to content

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

it is the only argument if you ignore the other posts which you are bizarrely doing. I'll help you out again and then leave you to it:

 

Im not ignoring anything, you are.

And ive countered this by saying id rather the clubs sent players on loan to championship and lower prem clubs. I dont see how playing part timers will help these youth players. 

Theres also the massive elephant ib the room which we have all avoided and thats what colt teams would do to the already laughable domestic game.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There should definitely be colt teams.

I would rather kids like Nathan Patterson, Mebude, Leon King, etc, be playing in meaningful matches against men, rather than silly little reserve matches that mean zero.

Yes, those players could go out on loan, but how many of them are out on loan? Having colt teams would cease the need for them to go out on loan.

The aforementioned players should be playing first-team football, now.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Im not ignoring anything, you are.

And ive countered this by saying id rather the clubs sent players on loan to championship and lower prem clubs. I dont see how playing part timers will help these youth players. 

Theres also the massive elephant ib the room which we have all avoided and thats what colt teams would do to the already laughable domestic game.

 

that's not a counter; thats an alternative view, albeit one that glosses over the argument that colt teams gives youth players more playing time in a system that mirrors the senior team.

Not sure what the massive elephant is unless you mean easily addressed league reconstruction. Also not sure what you mean by laughable.

I get you are very much against the idea but you've offered nothing that adequately justifies an argument against the proposal nor have you put forward a better suggestion that would increase the number of youth players starting most weeks against senior professional opposition - which I think most people agree is beneficial all round.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

There should definitely be colt teams.

I would rather kids like Nathan Patterson, Mebude, Leon King, etc, be playing in meaningful matches against men, rather than silly little reserve matches that mean zero.

Yes, those players could go out on loan, but how many of them are out on loan? Having colt teams would cease the need for them to go out on loan.

The aforementioned players should be playing first-team football, now.

how many go out on loan and even then, how many play week in and week out when on loan? that is key and all too easy for a manager under pressure to drop the on loan youngster for a season professional to grind out a draw. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Return of Yermaw said:

how many go out on loan and even then, how many play week in and week out when on loan? that is key and all too easy for a manager under pressure to drop the on-loan youngster for a season professional to grind out a draw. 

Exactly.

That's one thing that's wrong with the Scottish domestic game, the leagues are too small, meaning that every match is a 6 pointer, and because of this, managers will forgo the kids for the seasoned pros.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

There is no evidence it woupdnt work here nor is there any it would. It hsnt been tried in scotland. 

Im asking how it would be implemented in scotland. 

So far weve had the idea of playing the best young talent from 2 to 4 clubs against part time players. Id rather the top prospects played in the championship or lower premiership.

I also dont think it would work because big clubs from ouwith scotland have such a vast reach in terms of scouting, they sign up youngsters long before they used to.

Lets use billy gilmour as the example, had their been a Rangers colt team, would he have stuck around to play against elgin? No he still wouldve went to chelsea

 

No your right there is no evidence yet until it has been tried, so why not try something that hasn't done before there is more to gain than lose.

I also think you are right that, although they should start in league 2 which is only fair, I don't think a colt team should be held back if they win that league, I think they should be allowed to be promoted as far as the Championship, that would be great for their development.

Players like Billy Gilmour are a different case altogether, they are targeted as potentially elite level players at an early stage, no harm in them getting picked up and trained by elite level clubs if that's the road they want to go down, but not everyone is a Billy Gilmour and picked up at that age, youngsters develop in different ways at different stages in their career. There doesn't have to be a set route to the top but opening up as many routes as possible gives us a greater possibility of developing more top players.

Some will get the early move like Gilmour. Some will benefit more from the loan system. Some would benefit from a Colts set up. Let's open up as many avenues as possible for our youngsters to progress

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...