Looking for ideas - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Looking for ideas

Toastie325

A bit of help required here and quite a vague question ,but does anyone know of any mid priced decent hotels in Central London that would be suitable for staying in for a couple of nights around the England game at Wembley next June ? I do know there are plenty of ways of searching out hotels but was hoping for pointers from people on here who have used one before and had a good experience , Thanks in advance

I can tell you a couple to avoid like the plague. I’ve had some godawful experiences down there in budget places. I racked up at a place in Islington a few years ago that was so bad I just walked out. Found a nearby pub at a decent price which was a bit better but turned out to be one of the main gay venues in the area complete with drag act & full dogging facilities in the basement. 

Still, it’s a story to tell. If you’re interested btw, I’ll PM you the details. 

1 hour ago, Huddersfield said:

I can tell you a couple to avoid like the plague. I’ve had some godawful experiences down there in budget places. I racked up at a place in Islington a few years ago that was so bad I just walked out. Found a nearby pub at a decent price which was a bit better but turned out to be one of the main gay venues in the area complete with drag act & full dogging facilities in the basement. 

😄

16 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

Naw yer awrite mate ,No danger , no after that last time 😰

18 minutes ago, Toastie325 said:

Naw yer awrite mate ,No danger , no after that last time 😰

😂

Actually, the best spot I ever found wouldn't be too far from Wembley...it was an Irish pub (the code to get through the doors up to the bedrooms was 1916!) but it was cheap, a good pub & not too pricey for that part of the city. I stopped there a couple of times for away trips in W. London but after about an hour searching last night, I'm buggered if I can find it or remember exactly where it was. If you're still struggling I'll try again to find it.

4 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

😂

Actually, the best spot I ever found wouldn't be too far from Wembley...it was an Irish pub (the code to get through the doors up to the bedrooms was 1916!) but it was cheap, a good pub & not too pricey for that part of the city. I stopped there a couple of times for away trips in W. London but after about an hour searching last night, I'm buggered if I can find it or remember exactly where it was. If you're still struggling I'll try again to find it.

I'm guessing is was something like the Michael Collins or Eamon de Valera ?😁