Israel Vs Scotland (18/11/20) + Predicted first XI - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Israel Vs Scotland (18/11/20) + Predicted first XI

Taylor1996

17 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

Take chances.

That really is it in a nutshell..we're now creating but need to finish.

Agree.  Lets be positive though.  We are the famous tartan army and off to Israel!!  Got a couple of beers in for tonight.  In normal times we would have been there so pre-celebrations indeed. Missing a lot of old friends from the games.  Wonder if Ludo still has his trumpet  Sad to hear about Ricky and yon numpty Sir William Geronimo Wallace.  Stand on Scotland.

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

Yeah he had to sacrifice one of the matches in terms of the players he picked. The opposition and the fact it was the middle game probably made sense to play a weaker team against Slovakia.

On paper tonight’s game should be easier but we don’t half struggle against Israel. 

If they match our system up again it'll probably be a slog either way with little in it.  Reckon if we can push their right back into defending more this game we could be more comfortable but last games vs us he seems to spend more time in our half than theirs.    

Defo want to win tonight as gives us a good chance of a playoff spot.  On the other hand if we do spunk the opportunity up the wall I wouldn't be too down.  Last two games have been more like teams and tactics we'll face in Euro's and have equipped ourselves pretty well really.  

Sounds daft but I'm usually confident one way or the other how we're going get on (we'd lose to Serbia and beat Slovakia so my coupons are typically crap) but this game I have absolutely no idea whether it'll be win, lose or draw.   

I've watched the highlights of the last few games again and we are a better side than Israel but they have been more clinical in the games.  They have forwards that score from their few chances whereas we don't.

Armstrong, Forrest and Fraser destroyed them at Hampden in the 3-2 win.  

6 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I think Burke is the only player who doesn't yet have any minutes in this squad other than Mcalughlin. 

I don't think Greg Taylor has either. As much as I like him, he doesn't have much chance of making our Euros squad. He's not been playing for Celtic of late and Hickey might end up leap frogging him in the pecking order by the time the tournament comes round.

Burke on the other hand is an asset. He brings sonething no one else can. So it would be good to see him involved tonight.

1 minute ago, Tartan blood said:

I don't think Greg Taylor has either. As much as I like him, he doesn't have much chance of making our Euros squad. He's not been playing for Celtic of late and Hickey might end up leap frogging him in the pecking order by the time the tournament comes round.

Burke on the other hand is an asset. He brings sonething no one else can. So it would be good to see him involved tonight.

Would be better to see him not need to be involved tonight.

1 minute ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I have a few different opinions, above is a rare post with out you mentioning McBurnie in a negative manner

I discuss a range of different topics. Mcburnie is just one of those topics. I am just thankful that donkey isn't in the first team tonight. Hopefully Clarke has learned not to use him when he has better options available.