Israel Vs Scotland (18/11/20) + Predicted first XI - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Israel Vs Scotland (18/11/20) + Predicted first XI

Taylor1996

12 hours ago, GraemeTA said:

I must of picked it up wrong. Thought i remembered 2 players getting booked and both being suspended. Oh well no sa bad if mcginns free to play

McGinn was booked in the play-off match against Israel and in the match on Sunday.  However, they are treated as separate competitions so McGinn will be available tonight.

It's a shame about Armstrong because I think he is one player we are under-using and not getting the best out of him yet.  He should have come on against Serbia and might have been useful as a sub tonight too.  

36 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I think Jack and Armstrong have hit it off.  Brilliant to see as I have always believed a game is won from the midfield.  Looking forward to tonight though.  As my old friend used to shout in the morning.  IIIIIIIIt's Maaaaaaatchday.  Stand on.

Think you mean Jack and Mcgregor don't you? He and Armstrong have yet to play together as a pair though I think it would work. 

Marshall

od        Mct       Gallagher     Tierney    Robertson

Jack          Mcgregor

Mcginn

Dykes     Christie 

tempted to bring on mcburnie alongside dykes to see if that helps him.

5 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Marshall

Jack          Mcgregor

Mcginn

Dykes     Christie 

Well it didn't help him when they started together in the semi-final but I would still give him another chance.

23 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Marshall

Jack          Mcgregor

Mcginn

Dykes     Christie 

If Dykes needs a strike partner it’s undoubtedly Griffiths. 

McBurnie will of course get his 15th cap in a 20 minute cameo at the end of the game where his contribution is likely to be wayward shin passes and general lost sheep behaviour. 

7 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

If Dykes needs a strike partner it’s undoubtedly Griffiths. 

McBurnie will of course get his 15th cap in a 20 minute cameo at the end of the game where his contribution is likely to be wayward shin passes and general lost sheep behaviour. 

Like a prime James Forrest except that wee nae necked fuck started all the time

Think Clarke always had the Slovakia game as a bonus if we got something - the 8 changes would suggest we're going with the Serbia team as much as possible.  Hopefully that negates Israel only having 2 games to our 3 this window plus the travelling we've done.  

Given our previous 247 games with these over the last few years this could go either way so no idea what to expect.  

Only hope we don't go Dykes McBurnie up top because that nearly made my eyes bleed last time.  

Edited by ThistleWhistle
Shit at geography

Just now, The Black Bra said:

Be interesting to see how motivated Israel are. Only thing they’re playing for is to avoid relegation. Or will the want revenge for the play-off?

Avoiding relegation is quite a big thing to be playing for is it not? 

Good thing is Israel will very likely avoid relegation even if they lose tonight. I say a good thing but it’s also a bad thing as the Czechs dropping points would suit us.

14 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Think Clarke always had the Slovakia game as a bonus if we got something - the 8 changes would suggest we're going with the Serbia team as much as possible.  Hopefully that negates Israel only having 2 games to our 3 this window plus the travelling we've done.  

Given our previous 247 games with these over the last few years this could go either way so no idea what to expect.  

Only hope we don't go Dykes McBurnie up top because that nearly made my eyes bleed last time.  

Yeah he had to sacrifice one of the matches in terms of the players he picked. The opposition and the fact it was the middle game probably made sense to play a weaker team against Slovakia.

On paper tonight’s game should be easier but we don’t half struggle against Israel. 

Elhamed and Dabbur are big losses for Israel - they both started at Hampden last month.

Israel have only played once this break because their match against Norway was cancelled.  However, I expect their strongest team played against Czech Rep, so our team should be a bit fresher, other than Tierney, McGinn and Christie, who have played in both our matches.  

Tonight will be tough. We need to start taking more of our chances in these sort of games.