Israel Vs Scotland (18/11/20) + Predicted first XI - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Israel Vs Scotland (18/11/20) + Predicted first XI

Taylor1996

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Try harder, I am pretty sure that is very easy as long as you still have a VHS player!

I don't, unfortunately.

I remember taping the ENTIRE coverage of either match, both pre-match and post-match.

Can't remember who the commentators were, though. Hope it was Tyler and Gray (Still the best commentary team), but I doubt it.

8 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

That's how I remember it, too. I'm sure I still have both on VHS. A few years ago I was looking for something that could copy stuff from VHS onto modern format. No luck.

But yeah, I'm sure we dominated both matches.

Yep. Scholes was a special player. Probably one of the best that I've seen in the flesh.

Aye, he put us to the sword that day. He was the difference.  Pound for pound he was the best English at that time imo.  Gascoigne aside.

6 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

We've played them 4 times in the last 25 months -

1. Lost 2-1
  2. Won 3-2
  3. Drew 1-1
  4. Drew 0-0 (won on penalties)

There is very little between the two sides.  

You could argue that a win would be our best result (in 90 minutes) under Steve Clarke.  

I've said this before, but I honestly think that we are overdue giving a team of Israel's calibre an absolute battering. 

Some of those results were when we were at rock bottom. Slovakia aside, the results are now going our way, and the performances are starting to match the results. The last few games we've created tons of chances. I honestly believe we are on the verge of putting a team to the sword. Hopefully that's Israel tomorrow.

This will be a tough game, as the stats show, there is nothing between our two sides of late. Israel have impressed me in doses the times I've seen them, I also note their caretaker boss (who's done well, IMO) is fearing the sack if they don't win tomorrow and they want to stay in the B section and no doubt keep us with them, and draw us again in the next Nations League ;)

Tomorrow will be a good test as well to see where we are. If we can grind out results away, something we have really struggled with and cost us in previous qualifying campaigns.

If Robertson, is out, I'd basically go with the OP's side.

Captain isn't a big issue, but possibly give it to Tierney.

45 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

This will be a tough game, as the stats show, there is nothing between our two sides of late. Israel have impressed me in doses the times I've seen them, I also note their caretaker boss (who's done well, IMO) is fearing the sack if they don't win tomorrow and they want to stay in the B section and no doubt keep us with them, and draw us again in the next Nations League ;)

Tomorrow will be a good test as well to see where we are. If we can grind out results away, something we have really struggled with and cost us in previous qualifying campaigns.

If Robertson, is out, I'd basically go with the OP's side.

Captain isn't a big issue, but possibly give it to Tierney.

Is McGinn out as well?

7 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I think we are the better side by some way but they are an especially awkward team for us. We are by no means prolific goalscorers and they are well-organised defensively and that is where the problems arose. They are strong in areas we are weakest.

Correct. The boy Zahravi is world-class. Check out his stats. He didn't score for years and then started banging them in regularly. Think he got a hat trick against the Czechs. Who is going to stop his runs in from behind ? That is key. Dabbur is out which is good though as he's a handful.

4 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Aye, he put us to the sword that day. He was the difference.  Pound for pound he was the best English at that time imo.  Gascoigne aside.

Not Gascoigne aside. He was past his best by then. Rangers were the last team to enjoy Gascoigne at his best. 

5 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No I am pretty sure McGinn is not suspended. If you look on the BBC live reporting section that runs during games it never stated he was suspended when he was yellow carded - it did for Armstrong.

You’re right. McGinn’s booking on Sunday was his first in the Nations league this year so he’s free to play tomorrow. 

Whilst I still fully expect us to do the business tomorrow, do we really think it’s beyond the realms of possibility that the Czechs could drop points to Slovakia?

Now that the WC play off spot looks beyond us, I’d take winning the group in any way now. 

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I do know Israel have at least one player suspended as they had a player sent off against Czech Republic on Sunday.

Just now, Texas Pete said:

Hopefully it’s one of their better ones. 🙏

It’s Elhamed. The Celtic player.

2 minutes ago, Marky said:

Whilst I still fully expect us to do the business tomorrow, do we really think it’s beyond the realms of possibility that the Czechs could drop points to Slovakia?

Now that the WC play off spot looks beyond us, I’d take winning the group in any way now. 

Anything is possible but I’m sure an under strength Czech team pumped Slovakia away from home earlier in the campaign. I really can’t see Slovakia getting anything tomorrow night but stranger things have happened I suppose.

Lets just go out and pump the Israelis (0-1 will do 😁) and it won’t matter what happens in the other game. 

3 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Correct. The boy Zahravi is world-class. Check out his stats. He didn't score for years and then started banging them in regularly. Think he got a hat trick against the Czechs. Who is going to stop his runs in from behind ? That is key. Dabbur is out which is good though as he's a handful.

I think his hat trick was against Slovakia.