Israel Vs Scotland (18/11/20) + Predicted first XI - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Israel Vs Scotland (18/11/20) + Predicted first XI

Taylor1996

Must be good for rival managers to do Steve Clarke's team talk for him

Marshall

McTominay - Gallagher - Tierney

O'Donnell                                     Robertson

Jack - McGregor

McGinn

Dykes - Christie

*If it's not broke...

**If Robertson can't make it. Replace him with Tierney and bring in McKenna.

***Gallagher does not deserve to be dropped.

I think the area for real improvement is with the subs.

Against Serbia we allowed the game to tip in their favour with the 3 subs we made before their equaliser.

Against Slovakia we didn't make the changes that could get us back into the game early enough.

I would be looking at the same XI as we started against Serbia but really thinking about which players in the squad are most suitable to either come in and make sure we kill a game, or get us back into it if we are losing.  

22 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Marshall

Jack - McGregor

McGinn

Dykes - Christie

*If it's not broke...

Good shout.  Hope Roberston can play.  Platers like him in your side gives the rest of the team confidence.  I think he and Tierney could have a great understanding.  Two superb players for us.  Jack and Mcgregor as well.

8 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Good shout.  Hope Roberston can play.  Platers like him in your side gives the rest of the team confidence.  I think he and Tierney could have a great understanding.  Two superb players for us.  Jack and Mcgregor as well.

I don't think food caterers are going to help us here. 

2 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Marshall

Jack - McGregor

McGinn

Dykes - Christie

*If it's not broke...

The game against Serbia was one of the most complete performances I've seen from a team ever. There wasn't a single player on the pitch that I was calling to be subbed. I can't remember any other game where that has happened.

Let's give these guys a chance to cement their place as our Euros 11. Then it's Fraser, Griffiths, Armstrong, McKenna etc job to force their way back in. The competition for places right now is inspiring! However, 6 months is a long time in football. So much can happen. A loss of form, injury, improved form of the subs. I'll be curious to see how close this 11 is to our starting 11 against the Czechs.

Edited by Tartan blood

1 hour ago, marinello said:

Need to remember that Israel have a lot to play for as a loss could see them relegated if Slovakia ( unlikely I grant you) defeat the Czechs.

We've played them 4 times in the last 25 months -

1. Lost 2-1
  2. Won 3-2
  3. Drew 1-1
  4. Drew 0-0 (won on penalties)

There is very little between the two sides.  

You could argue that a win would be our best result (in 90 minutes) under Steve Clarke.  

5 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

1. Lost 2-1
  2. Won 3-2
  3. Drew 1-1

You could argue that a win would be our best result (in 90 minutes) under Steve Clarke.  

Absolutely, when we went in to that first game a few years back under McLeish they were ranked outside the top 100 and McLeish was slaughtered for losing. Different ball game now, Still think we will win but 1-0 or 2-1. 

20 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

1. Lost 2-1
  2. Won 3-2
  3. Drew 1-1

I think you are right.

1 hour ago, Tartan blood said:

The game against Serbia was one of the most complete performances I've seen from a team ever. There wasn't a single player on the pitch that I was calling to be subbed. I can't remember any other game where that has happened.

Let's give these guys a chance to cement their place as our Euros 11. Then it's Fraser, Griffiths, Armstrong, McKenna etc job to force their way back in. The competition for places right now is inspiring! However, 6 months is a long time in football. So much can happen. A loss of form, injury, improved form of the subs. I'll be curious to see how close this 11 is to our starting 11 against the Czechs.

Spot on.

The one performance, even close to the one against Serbia, was (coincidentally) the European Championships 2000 Playoffs vs England. Both of them. I'm still stunned how we lost on aggregate.

If Paul Lambert wasn't injured (thanks Rangers) for those matches, we wouldn't qualified.

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

1. Lost 2-1
  2. Won 3-2
  3. Drew 1-1

Well.. There goes my confidence. ;)

3 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Marshall

Jack - McGregor

McGinn

Dykes - Christie

*If it's not broke...

If Robertson is out I would 100% prefer to see Cooper in Tierney's position at the back.

4 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Spot on.

The one performance, even close to the one against Serbia, was (coincidentally) the European Championships 2000 Playoffs vs England. Both of them. I'm still stunned how we lost on aggregate.

If Paul Lambert wasn't injured (thanks Rangers) for those matches, we wouldn't qualified.

Well.. There goes my confidence. ;)

If Paul Scholes had been injured we would have qualified, one of his best ever performances for England at Hampden in those play offs.

7 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

If Robertson is out I would 100% prefer to see Cooper in Tierney's position at the back.

Hmm not sure about 100% he played two crazy passes V Slovakia that almost set Slovakia up - one from a pass across the pitch halfway inside our own half. Not to say I'd not be okay with him starting though but certainly cannot say 100% get him in.

7 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

If Paul Scholes had been injured we would have qualified, one of his best ever performances for England at Hampden in those play offs.

The one thing that I remember most was Kevin Keegan sinking more and more into his jacket, every time the camera panned onto him.

Oh. And us absolutely dominating them at Wembley. Seaman saved them.

The thing is, Scholes would never have scored his first if Lambert was playing. His second was a header from a free kick, so it was more of a collective reason why he was allowed to score.

2 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

The one thing that I remember most was Kevin Keegan sinking more and more into his jacket, every time the camera panned onto him.

Oh. And us absolutely dominating them at Wembley. Seaman saved them.

The thing is, Scholes would never have scored his first if Lambert was playing. His second was a header from a free kick, so it was more of a collective reason why he was allowed to score.

Selective memory probably but I thought we were much better than them at Hampden too. I doubt if any one other than Scholes would have got into the position to have those two chances let alone the technical ability to score them.

16 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Selective memory probably but I thought we were much better than them at Hampden too. I doubt if any one other than Scholes would have got into the position to have those two chances let alone the technical ability to score them.

It was very much an even game at Hampden, however they took their chances and we missed ours (Dodds hitting the bar and Seaman saving from Gallacher when he was through). 

Wembley though, was easily the best Scotland performance I’ve ever attended. Dominated from start to finish. (21 years ago today incidentally).

Edited by McTeeko

35 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Hmm not sure about 100% he played two crazy passes V Slovakia that almost set Slovakia up - one from a pass across the pitch halfway inside our own half. Not to say I'd not be okay with him starting though but certainly cannot say 100% get him in.

I probably over rate Cooper and under rate McKenna.

Regards the cross field pass he should just have carried on covering and passing to Tierney and left the fancy stuff to some one else, probably Tierney!

39 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

That's how I remember it, too. I'm sure I still have both on VHS. A few years ago I was looking for something that could copy stuff from VHS onto modern format. No luck.

But yeah, I'm sure we dominated both matches.

Yep. Scholes was a special player. Probably one of the best that I've seen in the flesh.

4 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

That's how I remember it, too. I'm sure I still have both on VHS. A few years ago I was looking for something that could copy stuff from VHS onto modern format. No luck.

But yeah, I'm sure we dominated both matches.

Yep. Scholes was a special player. Probably one of the best that I've seen in the flesh.

Try harder, I am pretty sure that is very easy as long as you still have a VHS player!