Lyndon Dykes - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lyndon Dykes

er yir macaroon

1 minute ago, er yir macaroon said:

What a performance. I had a feeling after seeing him interviewed on his debut that he had that bit of steel. Absolutely rag dolled the Serbia defence and yet still had the composure to lay the ball off calmly. He’s also got a great burst of speed when he needs it. Immense. 

Great fit in this system & a great find.

Hes one of those players who will probably be more effective at international level than club level but that’s okay with us haha 

Exceptional again last night and I won't be alone on here in saying he's now one of my favourite players.

His contribution reminds me of Drogba. Pace and power in abundance but also has a great football brain, and plays in his teammates brilliantly. To think a few months ago some thought we were scraping the barrel when Clarke entertained the idea of convincing him to play for us!

9 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

Mind against Netherlands under Burley, Naismith won pretty much everything in the air and flicked on so many balls. Dykes surpassed that performance. he was excellent. Noticable difference when McBurnie came on, albeit he had Paterson up front with him for a period before the reshuffle. 

Naismith did get the ball in the net that night at Hampden but it was wrongly ruled offside. Burley had some terrible refereeing decisions go against him so he did.

24 minutes ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Can we wrap him in cotton wool until July?

You saw the difference when he went off and Paterson and McBurnie - 2 players  - were charged with doing his job and floundered. Although I could see the point of the McLean substitution, I think SC got it wrong here. We have cover in every other position but that of central striker and I just can't think who replicates what Dykes brings. Maybe the nearest is Hornby from the U21's. Perhaps Nisbet will step up but as yet he's still raw.

3 hours ago, Hercules Rockefeller said:

Exceptional again last night and I won't be alone on here in saying he's now one of my favourite players.

His contribution reminds me of Drogba. Pace and power in abundance but also has a great football brain, and plays in his teammates brilliantly. To think a few months ago some thought we were scraping the barrel when Clarke entertained the idea of convincing him to play for us!

Love to know who didn't think we were scraping the bottom of the barrel. Think we all got that wrong

5 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Love to know who didn't think we were scraping the bottom of the barrel. Think we all got that wrong

I am happy to admit I was one of the people that wasn't that bothered about him representing us. His record at livi was average and I didn't think he would be the success he has been. Hes been excellent for us and glad the guy is getting to a tournament. 

3 hours ago, Rab The Crab said:

He just fits into our system so well and is an absolute joy to watch.

Its hilarious to read QPR fans on Twitter slagging him off and saying he should be binned after 9 games.

I wonder if it might genuinely be case that Steve Clarke's style of play suits Dykes much better than Mark Warburtons.

He’s made a huge difference and been outstanding for us. WE HAVE QUALIFIED!!! Yaaaass 🤩🤘🏼🥳🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

24 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I wonder if it might genuinely be case that Steve Clarke's style of play suits Dykes much better than Mark Warburtons.

I watched QPR a few weeks ago and he got absolutely no service. I saw a few England fans on the wind-up that he's just a qpr player. He's wasted there.

Not been on Taboard for ages .Good to see that Dykes has won you all over .I and a couple of others got pelters when we suggested last year ,when still at Livy, that Dykes was worth taking a chance on ,if he would commit to Scotland ,and that he was a better player than McBurnie . 
We saw this afternoon the difference when Dykes is not leading the line , Slovakia were there for the taking .