Slovakia v Scotland - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Slovakia v Scotland

Burj_Alba

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

Hes brutally bad, can't control a ball, I would honestly remove him from the squad. I can't understand how he has made it to the top level of football. 

So if Dykes is unavailable who do you play up front in a 3-5-2 formation, Paterson? I think you are missing something.

Griffiths and Shankland are currently competing with Fraser and Christie for a starting slot. Or as substitutions in a formation change later in game.

I don't see it in McBurnie either. But how many times have you been at a game - Scotland or club - and everyone's been slating the striker then everything gets forgetton when he sticks in a goal? Hopefully something like that will happen today.

Or at least the situation will still be retrievable when he gets subbed...

11 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Long time since Gordon has played for the team so fair enough to give him a run-out. 

9 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

2018 isn't that long ago.

David Marshall once had to wait five years between caps 2004-2009.

Gordon now overtakes Marshall by a couple of months as having the longest Scotland career in history! 

4 minutes ago, GraemeTA said:

I hope mcburnie takes his chance and gets a goal. Hes hit the woodwork 3 times which is unlucky. Hes not as good at holding up etc as dykes but still think he can do a job for us, especially with a decent player up behind him

The last thing we need is an unlucky Jonah. Get him tae fuk. ;)

Hopefully that will mean he bangs in a hat-trick today. :lol:

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

He nearly cost us the game through being terrible. The team looked brutally bad once he came on. Guy should be 4th choice striker at best. 

You are totally ignoring Clarke's gameplan. Big striker to hold the ball up for supporting attackers. That ain't Shankland, Burke or Griffiths.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

4 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

He nearly cost us the game through being terrible. The team looked brutally bad once he came on. Guy should be 4th choice striker at best. 

Maybe. But let's see, having broken the scoring duck, what he can do.

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

You are totally ignoring Clarke's gameplan. Big striker to hold the ball up for supporting attackers. That ain't Shankland, Burke or Griffiths.

Our gamplan is not as simple as that and dykes is much more better than just a target man. Mcburnie doesn't do what dykes does. We are better playing burke or griffiths.

4 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Our gamplan is not as simple as that and dykes is much more better than just a target man. Mcburnie doesn't do what dykes does. We are better playing burke or griffiths.

It is a big part of our game. Surprised you haven't noticed that. Burke and Griffiths are further away from the Dykes type of player than McBurnie. I am not saying McBurnie merits a place just that I see why Clarke is playing him.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

It is a big part of our game. Surprised you haven't noticed that. Burke and Griffiths are further away from the Dykes type of player than McBurnie. I am not saying McBurnie merits a place just that I see why Clarke is playing him.

Our hgame is more than punting it up to a target man and even if it was mcburnie is not good at that or anything else. A guy who can't control a ball is no use to us. 

I thought McBurnie played alright in the October games, was unlucky not to score with header that hit the bar.

People have to remember he came on just as McGinn and Christie were coming off so there were no midfielders pushing on even if he could be better holding it u. From moment it got to 1-1 it became a survival job to get to penalties.

He's also started more games than Griff in last six months.

Dykes will be back in for Israel anyway.

49 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Can't believe he's giving mcburnie this game, he's seriously terrible. 

38 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Hes brutally bad, can't control a ball, I would honestly remove him from the squad. I can't understand how he has made it to the top level of football. 

32 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Nah hes not going to drop mcburnie whuch is going to cost us. Nearly cost us on Thursday night. The lesson was clear that night and has been since, mcburnie offers nothing other than a pen. 

Any chance you could let us know your thoughts on McBurnie?

4 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I hope McBurnie comes out today and shuts critics up. Supporters?

Different folk react to different types of motivation. Some folk need good honest harsh criticism to give the a good boot up the erse. I had to shout abuse at Maloney for about 30 whole games before he finally did something decent in a Scotland shirt. I like to think I played part in that great goal he scored against Ireland.