Slovakia v Scotland - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Slovakia v Scotland

Burj_Alba

People can say that they want about Greg Taylor. He did well against the Czechs when we played them last.

The one good thing about Steve Clarke is that he's loyal to players that have done well for him in the past. It's probably a key reason why the players respect him and a reason for the camaraderie within the squad.

55 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Anyone else not even slightly bothered about this today? I know its important but I'm really not fussed about it at all now. 

Feel quite the opposite. If we win we are gonna be in a play off for the next World Cup.. is that correct? I’m not even sure.

Itll be good to see everyone desperate to play well for a squad place next summer though so no games are dead rubbers now regardless 

1 hour ago, Marky said:

Based on the current Nations League standings in the A League, the only one you’d probably want to change would be Italy to overhaul Poland.

Belgium, France and Germany you’d all expect to qualify automatically, so they can stay the same please.

Yeah that would be good although Poland tend to finish second in qualifying so they will probably make the playoffs anyway. 

1 hour ago, SkyBlueScot said:

We know there will changes but not wholesale. Over the 3 games I think most of the squad will get a chance.

Maybe something like this today? But it could be anything and that's something that we should celebrate. Strongest squad inavery long time.

Screenshot_20201115-100902_Chrome.jpg

Definitely have Armstrong in there. Probably the most unlucky not to be involved last Thursday.

Just shows how strong that midfield is.

Think Taylor is going to need first team football soon to be challenging for a squad place next June but will probably replace Robertson today.

36 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Feel quite the opposite. If we win we are gonna be in a play off for the next World Cup.. is that correct? I’m not even sure.

Itll be good to see everyone desperate to play well for a squad place next summer though so no games are dead rubbers now regardless 

Not necessarily but it would give us a chance of a playoff especially if we also beat Israel. 

54 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

People can say that they want about Greg Taylor. He did well against the Czechs when we played them last.

The one good thing about Steve Clarke is that he's loyal to players that have done well for him in the past. It's probably a key reason why the players respect him and a reason for the camaraderie within the squad.

Is he a relative of yours? 😂

Nah he did pretty well against Belgium at Heysel. He’s a decent player. 

3 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

I wasn't expecting that many changes, but maybe needed after going all the way to penalties against Serbia.

Perhaps Clarke wants to have a better look at some players ahead of the Euros too.

😄😁😊 The actual Euros tournament!

Surprised he's taken Marshall out, keeper hardly going to be tired even after 120 minutes and he'd been on a personal high.

3-5-2 retained with Tierney back to LWB. Interesting to see what distribution is like from back 3 with McTom out of there.

Slovakia kept more of their starting team from Thursday, Hamsik and Skriniar starting so think Clarke will try to grind draw out and then go full strength for Israel game to secure 1st place.

1 minute ago, Tartan Chris said:

Surprised he's taken Marshall out, keeper hardly going to be tired even after 120 minutes and he'd been on a personal high.

3-5-2 retained with Tierney back to LWB. Interesting to see what distribution is like from back 3 with McTom out of there.

Slovakia kept more of their starting team from Thursday, Hamsik and Skriniar starting so think Clarke will try to grind draw out and then go full strength for Israel game to secure 1st place.

Probably just giving Gordon a game. Marshall is defo no. 1 so it's not really a issue. 

7 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Can't believe he's giving mcburnie this game, he's seriously terrible. 

McBurnie fills the big centre-forward role that Clarke likes more than Burke or Griffiths does. Okay he didn't fair well in the role the other night but did it to good effect V Slovakia and Czechs.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

McBurnie fills the big centre-forward role that Clarke likes more than Burke or Griffiths does. Okay he didn't fair well in the role the other night but did it to good effect V Slovakia and Czechs.

Hes brutally bad, can't control a ball, I would honestly remove him from the squad. I can't understand how he has made it to the top level of football. 

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

Hes brutally bad, can't control a ball, I would honestly remove him from the squad. I can't understand how he has made it to the top level of football. 

I think this is Clarke giving him one last chance to get a goal, even a flukey deflection.

If he fails to score then he's probably done.

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

I think this is Clarke giving him one last chance to get a goal, even a flukey deflection.

If he fails to score then he's probably done.

Nah hes not going to drop mcburnie whuch is going to cost us. Nearly cost us on Thursday night. The lesson was clear that night and has been since, mcburnie offers nothing other than a pen. 

More changes than I thought and no great surprise mcburnie is back again, he certainly sees something that most of fans don’t.

the results improved once we stopped starting mcburnie .

We arent the fittest of sides and we do struggle with a few games in a short time but we will have 3 games in 8 days next summer.

Maybe a focus should be on getting the squad fitter for next summer.