Declan Gallagher - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Declan Gallagher

Caledonian Craig

10 hours ago, Malcolm said:

He has to take the money. Put yourself in his shoes, he’s possbly on £2k a week at Motherwell (total guess)...  if an epl club offers yo7 10-15k a week you would sign as soon as you can.  Folk saying it’s not about money... it’s all about money.

Yeh he would have to take the money, pretty sure he has kids. Even big championship clubs could offer 7/8k and I reckon he's probably nearer 1k a week at motherwell but that's a total guess as well Tbf. 

9 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Sheffield United don't offer large wages. Lundstrom who rangers are after is on 4k a week, fleck was on 8k a week. Outside of their big money signings they don't offer wages over 15/20k. He'd be lucky to get 5-7k a week at Sheffield United, great money and 2-3 times what he gets at Motherwell but he'd get more at Celtic and most championship sides. He'd be better waiting it out to the Euro's and putting himself in a much larger shopping window. It's also worth noting that players joining on bosman deals, can usually demand a large wages due to no transfer fee involved.

FYI I'm not complaining about Sheffield uniteds wage structure, it's incredible what they've been able to do on their budget and wage structure.

If sheff United offered 7k a week he'd have to take it. I reckon he's nearer 1k a week at motherwell. Any club that offers him money like that and he's off. Also I couldn't see celtic offering him much more than 7/8k a week.