Declan Gallagher - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Declan Gallagher

Caledonian Craig

Declan Gallagher is fast becoming one of my favourite players.

He plays his heart out for Scotland, defending well andĀ he's clearly enjoying every minute. What more could we ask for ?

Out of curiosity I just looked up who has got the most caps for Scotland whilst a Motherwell player. That honour goes to George Stevenson who earned twelve caps for Scotland between 1927 and 1934.

At present there is no reason why Gallagher can't beat that !

Outstanding.

A real road to redemption too with his legal battle. My pal played amateur football with him (when he was still banned from professional football) and said the boy was unbelievably talented and aĀ  brilliant defender.

We could be the team of the Euros wit him, SOD, and Considine - he HAS to go and hopefully play, after winning his first cap at 33.

Anyhoos, only worry about big Declan is him losing the heid like he does occasionally for the Steelmen especially in Europe when they were playing brilliant in Israel ; but for Scotland, he's done everything asked of.

Love it and so delighted for him and the team.

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

He plays his heart out for Scotland, defending well andĀ he's clearly enjoying every minute. What more could we ask for ?

Out of curiosity I just looked up who has got the most caps for Scotland whilst a Motherwell player. That honour goes to George Stevenson who earned twelve caps for Scotland between 1927 and 1934.

Euros final for the winner! :)

Just now, Super_Scotlandfan said:

He was immense, thoroughly deserves in place as first choice centre half.

Ā 

I also think Clarke deserves praise for sticking with him. He knows who to pick for certain systems and to play certain style.Ā 
Ā 

would be so easy to start Leeds Unitedā€™s captain or McKenna whoā€™s just moved for big money.Ā 

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

He might notĀ be at Motherwell for much longer. Thatā€™s probably the only wayĀ he wonā€™t beat it.Ā 

Not only was he outstanding, I think he controlled the defence superbly. Think he was the main organisor of the back three which included a player from Man United and Arsenal, though to be fair neither are normally center backs.

Just hope he doesn't getĀ a January transfer and loses his first team place somewhere. Might be better waiting until Summer. ( Selfish Scotland supporter)

Not sure about the Hendry comparison Haggis, yes he does get stuck in but the 1st thing that stood out about Gallagher when he came to Fir Park was how good he was with the ball at his feet, skillful, calm and composed. What a signing. šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁓ó æšŸ˜Š

Edited by Och Aye

10 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Think he is out of contract in the summer

8 hours ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Serbia full of players from big Euro teams costing stupid money and a Motherwell lad bossed them.

Ā 

The football economy is mad.

Yeh that Serbia team were poor but they should be alot better given the players they have. We made them look ordinary for the 90 mins.Ā