How are you feeling? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How are you feeling?

Bristolhibby

The whole day/week, I kept trying to tell myself, don't get carried away. I'm 38 and at one point, see us get in those position before e.g one game away from the Euros - humped by Holland and then the Italian game in 2007. I kept thinking it was too big a task for us to go to Belgrade, and get a result considering their players. Kept telling myself, we'll play well but lose 2-0 or so.

Closer it got to kick off, I needed a drink, I've never felt like I needed a drink ever in my life but I was so jittery and nervous. I've not been steaming for well - a few hours now - but, afore that it was probably last year, or even 2019 in the summer at a wedding. The drink helped to calm the nerves, but what a performance. That's possibly the best I've seen us play away since maybe Lithuania away under Strachan.

I've just been over the moon all day, keep watching videos, clips, reading the papers, and then putting some songs on. So delighted for everyone. All of us. The players like Stephen O'Donnell, Declan Gallagher, Andy Considine, Lydon Dykes - the unfancied crew and they are great big GIFRUY to the likes of Davie Provan or other Anglo-Scots at Sky who think we didn't have the players. We do have the players, and we're now 9 games undefeated! Delighted for the fans too, sorry for the ones who didn't live to see this, but just on cloud nine really.

Haven't felt this alive in a long, long time.

God bless the SPFL too. About 2 years ago, I stopped watching the EPL religiously. I'll still watch it now and again but I'm fine just having seen the goals or MOTD or the odd game ; but been watching a lot of lower league Scottish football and think this for them too, all of us, all those who wrote us off, the Guvnors are even jokingly at it about us being knocked out by them etc, just so, so happy!

I feel absolutely horrific today, hangover kicked in about half an hour ago, Chinese due to pass through me anytime now and there was a LOT of bottles of beer out into recycling this morning. 

Wife came in from work about 7sh this morning, no recollection of talking to her, passed out about 7:30 and my gaffer phoned me around 12. 

Im ready for bed now. 

40 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I feel absolutely horrific today, hangover kicked in about half an hour ago, Chinese due to pass through me anytime now and there was a LOT of bottles of beer out into recycling this morning. 

Wife came in from work about 7sh this morning, no recollection of talking to her, passed out about 7:30 and my gaffer phoned me around 12. 

Im ready for bed now. 

Sober up man and remember.....

We do it all again on Sunday. :beer2:

10 hours ago, 86glebestreet said:

Woke up 30 minutes ago, started greeting🤣 but thought about McTeeko who buried his dad yesterday as I did when the game was over, his head must be all over the place, i don’t know you McTeeko, but I am thinking of you, 

Nice words, thank you. 

Don’t worry about me though, like everyone else, I’m absolutely buzzing!

Celebrated my Dad’s life, then qualified for the Euros! A memorable day all things considered! ❤️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

16 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Nice words, thank you. 

Don’t worry about me though, like everyone else, I’m absolutely buzzing!

Celebrated my Dad’s life, then qualified for the Euros! A memorable day all things considered! ❤️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

McTeeko

Saw your story in the Scotsman or National. sorry cant remember which. Too many articles today.

Beautiful and very moving. Best wishes to your boy, your wife and your mum. Sure your dad would have loved the finale tonight.

Regards

Day off today, woke up, quickly remembered the night before and lay there beaming away to myself while going over the game in my head. 

On my dog walk my thoughts turned to next June. Will there be crowds ? Will the vaccine have worked? Then got talking to another bloke about the match who then said ' no chance of going to Euros next year as we will still be in lockdown'.

Nothing like trying to put a damper on things eh ! 

I am still in celebration and if the full team and under 21s can pull off good results in the forthcoming games then it would cap off a fantastic week for Scottish football.

3 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

The whole day/week, I kept trying to tell myself, don't get carried away. I'm 38 and at one point, see us get in those position before e.g one game away from the Euros - humped by Holland and then the Italian game in 2007. I kept thinking it was too big a task for us to go to Belgrade, and get a result considering their players. Kept telling myself, we'll play well but lose 2-0 or so.

Closer it got to kick off, I needed a drink, I've never felt like I needed a drink ever in my life but I was so jittery and nervous. I've not been steaming for well - a few hours now - but, afore that it was probably last year, or even 2019 in the summer at a wedding. The drink helped to calm the nerves, but what a performance. That's possibly the best I've seen us play away since maybe Lithuania away under Strachan.

I've just been over the moon all day, keep watching videos, clips, reading the papers, and then putting some songs on. So delighted for everyone. All of us. The players like Stephen O'Donnell, Declan Gallagher, Andy Considine, Lydon Dykes - the unfancied crew and they are great big GIFRUY to the likes of Davie Provan or other Anglo-Scots at Sky who think we didn't have the players. We do have the players, and we're now 9 games undefeated! Delighted for the fans too, sorry for the ones who didn't live to see this, but just on cloud nine really.

Haven't felt this alive in a long, long time.

God bless the SPFL too. About 2 years ago, I stopped watching the EPL religiously. I'll still watch it now and again but I'm fine just having seen the goals or MOTD or the odd game ; but been watching a lot of lower league Scottish football and think this for them too, all of us, all those who wrote us off, the Guvnors are even jokingly at it about us being knocked out by them etc, just so, so happy!

Not posted for ages and obviously deliriously happy. Your post struck a chord with me though. The bit about the bevvy. 
i used to love a swallay and the craic that goes with it. 
I last had a bevvy in Bordeaux on 16thJune 1998. the day we last scored in the finals of a major tourney. By f**k, I was blitzed!!

After deciding to go t- total one of my concerns was being sober at Scotland games!! I probably chose the hardest 22 years to put this to the test but, believe me, I still sing my head off and I actually think now I enjoy it better. 

Regardless of all this, these lads have done it and I love them all. Love Scotland and genuinely believe we will get wins in finals next year. Bring it on. So happy and happy I can remember last night. Unlike World Cup 1998!!

20 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

seeing the lads celebrating with videos shared on Twitter and replays of the save and Marshall's reaction still gets tears going.

Link them if you can, please.   Not grassing them up - just want to see more! 

Only really sunk in the last few hours after the drunk ness and hangover has gone. Been stuck working all day which has been a nightmare. Just want to mix with folk, especially after seeing videos of folk on streets and things.Been consuming as much media stuff as it is possible. 

what a buzz these next few months will be, one thing I’ll say though is, should everything be as planned and we have the 2 games at Hampden we will never ever have a chance to progress from the group as good as this. I’ve always said it, if someone was to offer a place at a tournament but it was for 3 skelpings or 1 draw and 2 skelpings or whatever I wouldn’t take it. We’ve got to greedy and grasp this chance and not just have a party mentality. Absolutely buzzing all the same 

Self isolating so stuck in.  These videos are tremendous though.    Watched it that much I'll be hearing Whigfield on Monday morning resonating in the ears like is typical for any game yer at.   No Whigfield though!

Loving Christie's video!     What a player he is for us.  

Edited by OLAS

Just now, OLAS said:

Self isolating so stuck in.  These videos are tremendous though.    Watched it that much I'll be hearing Whigfield on Monday morning resonating in the ears like is typical for any game yer at. 

Loving Christie's video!     What a player he is for us.  

The boogie song isn’t half bad and is growing on me. Si Ferry et al should get the credit in my book. 

These videos are fantastic. The players' twitter accounts are great too.

Such a likable bunch of lads. I know someone who kens someone (aye, it sounds pish but it's not) who works at Arsenal (the pal's pal is Scottish too) and he said when KT was out for ages or dropping out of squads, he was dying to play for us, but just didn't want to injure or set back his progress to full fitness. His words "He would be anywhere for Scotland, in goal if asked."

I'm not one for moaning about singing the anthem, but they were all belting it out last night. Tierney was probably the most subdued, but his mouth was moving to it.

These guys can be heroes. They already are, but next summer will be tremendous. A lot of hype, but just seeing all the daily shows and updates. Stories like SOD, Gallagher and Considine (winning his first cap at 33, and being at a Euros, hopefully). 

I've been over the moon all day. Had a wee bity of a hangover, but just absolutely buzzing. It's such a silly thing too. Something we have no control over - watching 11 vs 11 at fitba - yet, it is such an emotional roller-coaster and bond. I've had messages from pal's both from abroad too - they know how much it means to us just getting to a major tournament.

Buzzing, and I don't even think a scudding from Slovakia could bring me down!