How are you feeling? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How are you feeling?

Bristolhibby

I said it in another thread but I have been reading/posting on this board since about 2003/4 and its amazing to finally get to discuss Scotland going to a tournament with ppl on here. Its going to be amazing this summer and even if we get beat in every game I am still going to enjoy every minute. 

Delighted! It was less than two years ago that we lost to 3-0 to Kazakhstan because more than a team full of players that were selected decided to call off like it was the Parable of the Great Banquet. At that point I finally threw in the towel. I didn't think the players we had cared about playing for Scotland, so why should I care about them doing it? Meantime, we have a rugby team with real promise that obviously does play for the shirt. I went full rugby, and I don't think I watched any of the remaining Euros games having never missed a game in 20 years.

The best thing about this terrible year has been the resurgence of a Scotland team that sings the anthem (Tierney gets diplomatic immunity just because it's his only visible fault), plays for each other, and clearly loves winning together. Give me guys like Kenny McLean over "stars" that turn up when they feel like it anytime. I know who I'd want to be stepping up for the last penalty for us anyhow.

Edited by COLT NY

Wee bit rough too, but my wee boy screamed the house down and it was great to hear 😂. I'm optimistic. I've an emotional attachment to our manager and I'm not surprised with what he's done with this squad. I'm also not getting the fear of Croatia? They have a sprinkling of talented players at top clubs but so do we. Modric is now 35. Kovacic at Chelsea? Meh. Their most capped defender in the current squad has 14 caps and plays for the Huns. Their keeper is a subby at Aston Villa. In qualification they lost in Hungary and drew in Azerbaijan and Wales. We have nothing to fear. I'm even picturing Fraser running at Kyle Walker  and Dykes elbowing Maguire for 90 minutes 😂. This is brilliant 😂💙

Woke up early today.   Despite feeling a bit rough, I couldn't get back to sleep.   Still buzzin'.

Went through all the emotions last night.   Watching the interviewees fighting back tears (or trying to) last night had us all going here too.

This is the last time I'll mention it (as there's no need anymore), but they had me thinking again of the old guys in bunnets greetin' at Hampden in '73.   They only had to wait 15 years, but were there to see it.

Have watched that Christie interview about 15 times and it makes me well up every time. Love it. 

So incredibly chuffed. For myself, for my mates who I'll (hopefully) get to go to the games with, for every Scotland fan on here who's had years of torture following the team, for all the wee kids who'll get the chance to fall in love with the team seeing us at a major tournament & for the players and staff who've shown ability, determination and bucketloads of courage and thoroughly deserve this. 

Im so happy. Roll on June! 

10 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

I said it in another thread but I have been reading/posting on this board since about 2003/4 and its amazing to finally get to discuss Scotland going to a tournament with ppl on here. Its going to be amazing this summer and even if we get beat in every game I am still going to enjoy every minute. 

spot on pal x

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Have watched that Christie interview about 15 times and it makes me well up every time. Love it. 

So incredibly chuffed. For myself, for my mates who I'll (hopefully) get to go to the games with, for every Scotland fan on here who's had years of torture following the team, for all the wee kids who'll get the chance to fall in love with the team seeing us at a major tournament & for the players and staff who've shown ability, determination and bucketloads of courage and thoroughly deserve this. 

Pretty much sums it up.

9 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Pretty much sums it up.

Not being precious, but I think as a national football team we are entitled to a bit of luck.  IMO and in most opinions we have great fans and create a great atmosphere.  Only other ones I have met that comes close to us  has been the Brasil fans in Turin train station where me and my pal spent the night before going to pisa in the morning.  What a night that was.  Half day as well so going down to the pub for a pint.  Stay safe 👉

22 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Its odd what does it. The team doing the congo to 'Oh David Marshall' makes me laugh and cry.

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Not being precious, but I think as a national football team we are entitled to a bit of luck.  IMO and in most opinions we have great fans and create a great atmosphere.  Only other ones I have met that comes close to us  has been the Brasil fans in Turin train station where me and my pal spent the night before going to pisa in the morning.  What a night that was.  Half day as well so going down to the pub for a pint.  Stay safe 👉

Steve Clarke said that you make your own luck by giving hard work. And that's true. The other side of the coin is systems and coaching.

Put it all together and you can get the rub of the green 

Thankfully, Steve Clarke knows what he's doing.

Yes. We were owed this.

The blood, sweat, emotional trauma we have put into following Scotland. 
If you are of a similar age to me, or a bit younger, you have never been to a tournament.

My cousin 10 years my senior (he’s 50)   has tales of Euro 92, 96 and the World Cup in France 98. My Dad in his mid 60s has tales of trips to Wembley on the Wembley specials, Anfield and the likes.

We have nothing (bar qualifiers).

Finally we catch a break. 

J