How are you feeling? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How are you feeling?

Bristolhibby

I’m absolutely drained.

the highs and lows of supporting Scotland condensed into 2 and a half hours.

There was mentalness, celebrations, anger, hopleness, extreme stress and ultimately joy.

jumping with my boys tears in the eyes.

Lived over half my life and not seen us in a major competition.

17 in 1998. 40 in 2021.

Tinged with the sadness that is fans who have put the miles in weren’t there for the payoff.

Overjoyed we are in the Euros.

J

Was so pleased to see us play well and be deservedly ahead.

A tense last ten minutes. Then gutted by their goal, obviously. A bit worried in case it was all going to unravel, so much had swng in their favour. But felt there was hope for the future whatever happened.

Relieved to have got to the penalties, thought prospects had swung back to 50:50.

It's so unusual to be at penalties stage, it's like tournament football, still a novel experience to be finally experiencing the agonsy or ecstasy... then so quickly to the ecstasy!

10 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

I’m absolutely drained.

the highs and lows of supporting Scotland condensed into 2 and a half hours.

There was mentalness, celebrations, anger, hopleness, extreme stress and ultimately joy.

jumping with my boys tears in the eyes.

Lived over half my life and not seen us in a major competition.

17 in 1998. 40 in 2021.

Tinged with the sadness that is fans who have put the miles in weren’t there for the payoff.

Overjoyed we are in the Euros.

J

I’m 1 year older, tonight is the best day, it’s surreal, it’s unbelievable. 

Still can't believe it. Before the game I couldn't see us doing it, then after we took the lead I thought maybe I was wrong. Then as time went on, and we squandered chances, I became convinced again it wasn't going to be our night - then the equaliser. I knew it!

At that point I just wanted to crawl up in a ball but, God bless them, the players didn't. That took a massive amount of courage, to come back from that, to hang in there and to finally win the match. Balls bigger than King Kong's, as Shaun Ryder once sang! 

And we thoroughly deserved it too. Serbia didn't start playing until about the 80th minute and by rights we should have been out of sight by then.

I didn't think this pool of players had it in them to qualify for a finals, but was I wrong! 

So, so proud right now. :)

Proud... knackered...

So proud of the way the boys picked themselves up after that shattering last-minute equaliser.  Amazing mental strength.  What a transformation in that team.

I'm slightly p*ssed off that we all had to endure that agony though cos we should've been well out of sight.  The better team by the length and breadth of Belgrade High St.  Must've put years on me!

12 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And on BBC Scotland just now.

I live in England.:ph34r: And only have freeview upstairs.

Too brief highlights for my liking but Ally McCoist loving it made up for it.

Forgot all about that Marshall save in extra time as that shot was heading for the bottom corner and came through bodies. Weren't coming back if that had gone in.

Seriously fearing my heart couldn't take watching the penalties  I instead went for a walk around the back sreets of Livingston ( wearing out my rosary beads in the process) convinced that on returning home I would hear the most heartbreaking of news in a sport context.

Upon hearing we had won I unashamedly broke down in tears. In that second the torment of trips to Kazakhstan, Georgia etc were swept away.

Aged 64 and pretty certain I would never see my team back in a major final, I am sitting at home at 1.40 am with a Jura malt and a smile as wide as the Clyde.

Thank you, thank you ,thank you Steve Clarke and the boys.

The day off tomorrow (today) has been well justified. 

I just can’t go to bed, tunes on, beers oot, there’s a fair chance I’ll still be in this spot when the missus gets home from the hospital and bairn gets up for school, but you know what, it’s fucking worth it.