Congrats - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Congrats

Huddersfield

21 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

Been a long time coming but I hope as many of you as possible get tickets, grounds are open, etc, & you enjoy it. 

I’ll keep my head down if you draw England at any point 😁

England have already drawn us. Draw was done ages ago.

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

We might get them again in the final. :lol:

I think I mentioned before on here that I married into a big Irish family, so I’ve got enough trouble on my hands already tonight. Plus my best mate is half Polish & half Scottish so I might just keep the old St George’s cross in the drawer 😁

5 hours ago, Shaundy said:

Good man HUD ! 🤠

genuinely surprised you didn’t know it’s been written in stone since before the plague that if , a big fucking IF , Scotland qualified then we could play in a group with yous. Whoosh me! 

I only really have a passing interest in England...I'd say the only time I might watch them on TV would be during tournaments. I like to see them do well but I haven't seen them play live since 1983. Half the time I don't even know they have a game until my phone buzzes. To be honest, they are fine as a football team but I can't be doing with all the GSTQ & No Surrender nonsense that comes along with it. In fact, having the family I do, I think that would have landed me a divorce &/or a kicking a long time ago 😁

My wife is firmly in the ABE camp you'll be pleased to know, as well as us having spent a lot of time in Scotland, so you'll have at least one supporter for sure in this family!

On top of that my daughter lived in Scotland for a few years and (fun fact) is fluent in Gaelic so I know where her loyalties will lie.

My son is like me...club before country all the way so will support England but when we go out it'll be nothing much more than a shrug of the shoulders.

I have to be honest though...now I know it's on, I think I'd be tempted if I could get/afford a ticket.