Euro 2020/21 squad discussion/general chat. - Page 16 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2020/21 squad discussion/general chat.

Tartan Chris

Guest Scot1

In my opinion Gallagher starts ahead of Hanley in the middle of the 3. He has more pace and is taller. It allow our back line to push up to the halfway line without worrying too much about a ball over the top. Hanley (going from what I saw in the last matches) isn’t comfortable near the halfway line as a last defender, he’s not confident in his own pace, which is why he was sitting deeper, which is also one of the reasons there were pockets of space between our midfield and defence. I’d also think Cooper will be in the squad if fit. 

7 hours ago, Scot1 said:

In my opinion Gallagher starts ahead of Hanley in the middle of the 3. He has more pace and is taller. It allow our back line to push up to the halfway line without worrying too much about a ball over the top. Hanley (going from what I saw in the last matches) isn’t comfortable near the halfway line as a last defender, he’s not confident in his own pace, which is why he was sitting deeper, which is also one of the reasons there were pockets of space between our midfield and defence. I’d also think Cooper will be in the squad if fit. 

Hanley is supposedly the second fastest player in the Norwich squad. 

13 hours ago, slasher said:

I'm curious as to why Clarke hasn't had Turnbull, Gauld & Gilmour in squads even just to get a close up look at them. 🙅‍♂️

Think he mentioned that he wanted to keep the existing squad together whilst adding where needed but did bring in Adams,  Nisbet,  Hendry and brought back Hanley. So probably felt he had these positions covered. 

Edited by gkm_vancouver