Serbia v Scotland - Match thread - Page 16 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Serbia v Scotland - Match thread

vanderark14

28 minutes ago, OLAS said:

But we have the Scottish mentality.     "Aye, we banged 5 belters in last time, no danger we'll score one tonight" - kinda stuff.   

Practice makes perfect.  

Thankfully the players didn’t have that mentality. For once. 

Thoroughly deserved result. Losing the 90th minute equaliser was gut wrenching like watching the expected script unfold, but we stuck at it and got the result. Credit to all the players. Like most of us that watched the Israel Nations league match I thought tonight’s performance away in Serbia was an impossibility, but delighted to be proved wrong. Squad has different options with decent quality replacements. 

Looking forward to the summer.

1 minute ago, govanite said:

Unreal feeling, 22 years for this. I was 9 at France 98, I never expected to wait this long to be able to actually go to one. Roll on the Summer!

You've only got one post,  I think you've nae chance of a ticket 😅 

Two heart attacks later that was the worst and best Scotland result in my lifetime. I had been critical of Clarke but i need to wind my neck in and accept we are not perfect but we are going to the Euros . We stepped off them but feel after they switched out there DM for Jovic we struggled with the formation change hopefully this is something the boys and manager can work on for future. All over them though Serbia looked average. Our passing early on was fantastic .

4 minutes ago, govanite said:

Unreal feeling, 22 years for this. I was 9 at France 98, I never expected to wait this long to be able to actually go to one. Roll on the Summer!

My 4th World Cup with Scotland, and I was resigned to thinking that was going to be it.

(Hope my kilt still fits.)

I haven’t read the whole thread yet, too drunk for that. 

Bit what a fucking performance when it mattered, 89 minutes of perfect football, one blip, but it turns out that it did t matter anyway. 

Every man out there dough like lions and did our nation proud, it was hard at times, but they rode it and showed what they are made of. 

There was tears tonight, I know I shouldn’t of had them, but my dad and brother wee in my gaff watching it and as mentioned earlier, my 12 year old was with us too watching, he’s never seen that before, couldn’t understand the tears, but he’s used to getting upset seeing Aberdeen fail to win and had a major fall out with his team mates last Sunday after they lost an u-13 match, but just couldn’t understand the joy that had poured out from tonight, he’s never seen Scotland qualify, so it’s the norm to him, I even danced with the dog who decided that penalties was the time for him to stop being scared of goals. 

A special mention tonight to a friend who had the sadness of seeing his father away for the last time today, but by fuck, he went out well, he may forever RIP

WE FUCKING DID IT, just for you, you know who you are 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Just now, govanite said:

A member since 2004 though, I think my old posts have been confined to the archive - or the bin!

I wish most of mine were.   Most will agree 😅     We're all mates at the end of the day.    Scotland! 

4 minutes ago, OLAS said:

So was I, and we can't have been the only ones.    Christie,  Faddy was nearly there.    Deep breath and let's fucking attack Slovakia. 

More than anything I wish Fletch n Faddy had made a tournament. Brown, Hutton, Miller, Gordon, loads more too.

8 minutes ago, OLAS said:

So was I, and we can't have been the only ones.    Christie,  Faddy was nearly there.    Deep breath and let's fucking attack Slovakia. 

The players had them, the pundits almost had them, my wife messaged me from her work and I tried to explain, but she just couldn’t understand it. The relief was unbelievable, my dad, brother and myself jumped up and hugged in every single emotion they we haven’t had since 1998, possibly Covid had a lot to do with it, but we just couldn’t help ourselves. 

Ive seen a lot of videos tonight of people criticising people for jumping and being caught up in the spirit of things, I won’t lie, of I could’ve went out and been there I’m that moment, I would’ve been, it was pure unadulterated joy, I hope it doesn’t cause issues though, we deserve a break. 

Edited by dandydunn