Serbia v Scotland - Match thread - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Serbia v Scotland - Match thread

vanderark14

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I feel like a kid again, full of energy and excitement. The wife think I am nuts but whats new there 🙂

Even now at work I have butterflies. I'm 54 years auld ffs, why do we get so worked up 😆

1 hour ago, phart said:

I went out and got some beers for tonight. Might as well go all in!

I can mind the last play off, great sunny day at Hampden to win the first leg and travelling to Amsterdam for the return leg and absolutely believing it was on. Reading above it was 17 years ago now, man where does the time go.

Even at 3 down in Amsterdam I still thought we could do something 🤪 and before you ask no I hadn't been smoking anything. 

Edited by bonzo

Just now, bonzo said:

Even now at work I have butterflies. I'm 54 years auld ffs, why do we get so worked up 😆

I've been convincing myself since the semi we've nae chance but from the beginning of the week a wee voice in my head has been building up hope until today where I'm pretty much bouncing off the walls waiting for tonight!   

Hope for the best, expect the worst! Motto of the lifelong Scotland fan.

Trying not to get my hopes up too much. Whatever happens tonight I think we are heading in the right direction. We’ve got a group of really good players playing at the top level who will be around together for a few years, hopefully with some younger ones to come through. If we give a good account of ourselves tonight and are beaten by a better team ,fair enough. If that does happen, hopefully we’re not too deflated for the Nations league matches.

57 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

That day at hampden was amazing, so mucb belief after it but it turned out we only angered the dutch and they spanked us. 😂

That dutch side has some real stars in it

I remember saying, if we can score over there they'll need three and there is no chance that will happen! 😪

Sneijder is one of the best players I've seen live and he was unbelievable that night in Amsterdam. 

2 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

Whatever happens tonight I think we are heading in the right direction. We’ve got a group of really good players playing at the top level who will be around together for a few years, hopefully with some younger ones to come through.

That's my philosophy, too.

Obviously, I want us to win tonight.

The progress that we've made recently gives me hope that Scotland are heading in the right direction.

4 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

Trying not to get my hopes up too much. Whatever happens tonight I think we are heading in the right direction. We’ve got a group of really good players playing at the top level who will be around together for a few years, hopefully with some younger ones to come through. If we give a good account of ourselves tonight and are beaten by a better team ,fair enough. If that does happen, hopefully we’re not too deflated for the Nations league matches.

That's key.  If tonight doesn't go the way we all hope, we've got to make sure we don't let it become a terrible week.  

8 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

Absolutely spot on.

Its good to have a bit of hope and something to dream about going into a Scotland game with qualification on the line. These situations have been too rare in recent times. If we miss out we still have the positivity that we are heading in the right direction come what may and could have our Nations League group won by next Wednesday night. But we can do this.

13 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

Agreed. The majority of the core of this team will still be playing at a high level for the next 4+ years, you'd imagine. Even by the time the tournament comes around next year, we could realistically be adding the likes of Gilmour and Turnbull to the mix.

So, if we lose tonight, it'll be devastating, but I do think we are on the ascendancy, regardless of what happens.

Edited by Tartan blood

4 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

That's key.  If tonight doesn't go the way we all hope, we've got to make sure we don't let it become a terrible week.  

Very true. I was thinking exactly the same but there will be team changes anyway as Dykes is suspended so we have the others to call on with less scars (if there are to be any).

4 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Agreed. The majority of the core of this team will still be playing at a high level for the next 4+ years, you'd imagine. Even by the time the tournament comes around next year, we could realistically be adding the likes of Gilmour and Turnbull to the mix.

So, if we lose tonight, it'll be devastating, but I do think we are on the ascendancy, regardless of what happens.

That’s what I’ve been trying to tell myself even if we dont manage it tonight. After the Slovenia game 3 years ago I was so f**king angry that we bottled it again but looking back there didn’t seem much hope for the future after that game. We now have that regardless of the result tonight with such a young squad.

Anyway, Im trying not to predicit anything for tonight. Take it as it comes but I know I’ll be a nightmare in the house. Ive already told the mrs it might be an idea to pack off to her mums. 😂😂

Come on Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿