Serbia v Scotland - Match thread - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Serbia v Scotland - Match thread

vanderark14

Well folks this is it, 17 years since weve been this close, 22 years since we got to a finals but this is an incredible chance tonight. This isnt a top 10 raked team like england and holland, this is team closer to our level and we can do it.

My nerves are shot 😂, its probably been the least productive week.ive had at work.

As side note, can i ask that this thread please be one which doesnt descend into the usual nonsense. How scotland play, who plays, and what formation is used now or 20 years ago doesnt matter tonight. A win is all that matters.

Enjoy the game

24 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Well folks this is it, 17 years since weve been this close, 22 years since we got to a finals but this is an incredible chance tonight. This isnt a top 10 raked team like england and holland, this is team closer to our level and we can do it.

My nerves are shot 😂, its probably been the least productive week.ive had at work.

As side note, can i ask that this thread please be one which doesnt descend into the usual nonsense. How scotland play, who plays, and what formation is used now or 20 years ago doesnt matter tonight. A win is all that matters.

Enjoy the game

Great post.  So looking forward to the game.  I have Sky but not not Sky Sports.  Don't know if I will be able to get it.  Will see today.

Have been off all week as was supposed to be going away but cancelled due to covid restrictions. Happy to be at home to watch the game rather than be away (Had booked before all the dates changed). Feel a bit of nervous excitement, off to walk the dog again and need to grab some beers later as will need a few whatever happens. As mentioned this is a huge game so hoping we have a right go and do the country proud. Let's all get behind the team!

53 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Woke up at 4.30 this morning (alarm set for 6)could not get back to sleep for thinking about the game. It's going to be a long day at work. CMON SCOTLAND 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I feel like a kid again, full of energy and excitement. The wife think I am nuts but whats new there 🙂

Don't think I've been this excited/nervous for a game since Italy 07!!  

As said above these guys are closer to our level and anything is possible.  Just hope the players believe in themselves coz they CAN do this!!

Hope you guys all enjoy yourselves tonight!  CMON SCOTLAND 

I went out and got some beers for tonight. Might as well go all in!

I can mind the last play off, great sunny day at Hampden to win the first leg and travelling to Amsterdam for the return leg and absolutely believing it was on. Reading above it was 17 years ago now, man where does the time go.

14 minutes ago, phart said:

I can mind the last play off, great sunny day at Hampden to win the first leg and travelling to Amsterdam for the return leg and absolutely believing it was on. Reading above it was 17 years ago now, man where does the time go.

That day at hampden was amazing, so mucb belief after it but it turned out we only angered the dutch and they spanked us. 😂

That dutch side has some real stars in it

16 minutes ago, phart said:

After the first leg we were in Shawlands about 1am and we came across 2 Dutch supporters pished and had no idea where they were. I went up to them and said ‘are you lost’ ? 
 One of them replied ‘ah yes, but it is only half time, we still have the other half to play’ . 
😂

It was unfortunately true. The away leg was on the same night as my daughters parents night at school. We were 1-0 down when I left and by the time I got back about it was about 0-4 . The final result was almost as bad as the school report. Hopefully a one leg tie suits us tonight. 

Edited by TDYER63

3 minutes ago, Snelders said:

My day at work has turned to shit, customer escalations and loads to get sorted.

But for once that's no problem, because the alternative is sitting doing nothing but worry about tonight's game. 

A newbie?  I need supporters on here pal.  If you can send me your sort code and account number I will send you a fiver.  Stand on 👉