A Bit of Good News - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

A Bit of Good News

It's been confirmed that the BBC are finally, at long last going to pull the plug on "Only An Excuse". :cheers3:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/6047/only-an-excuse-to-end/

One more "hour long special" to put up with this year but from thereafter it's officially dead :ok:

Good fucking riddance.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

33 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

It's been confirmed that the BBC are finally, at long last going to pull the plug on "Only An Excuse". :cheers3:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/6047/only-an-excuse-to-end/

One more "hour long special" to put up with this year but from thereafter it's officially dead :ok:

Good fucking riddance.

To put up with?

If you hate it that much surely the best idea would be to not watch it? 

4 hours ago, Alibi said:

I haven't watched it in years, but are they still doing the same old faces (or should that be same old faeces)?  The last time I watched it, they had characters on that were 20 years past their retirement date.

It’s more about Nicola Sturgeon these days than football. 

An hour long special?  How the fck are they gonnae get an hour's worth of material?  I confess to watching it just to see how sh*te it'll be and it never disappoints.  What amazes me is that whoever's in a scene has to go to all the bother of dressing up for it, spout a couple of minutes of utter fkin bilge and then get changed again.  I suppose if you're getting paid...

7 minutes ago, daviebee said:

An hour long special?  How the fck are they gonnae get an hour's worth of material?  I confess to watching it just to see how sh*te it'll be and it never disappoints.  What amazes me is that whoever's in a scene has to go to all the bother of dressing up for it, spout a couple of minutes of utter fkin bilge and then get changed again.  I suppose if you're getting paid...

Seemingly it's going to be 50% archive stuff and 50% new stuff.

Imagine Watson on his knees tearfully pleading with the BBC not to cancel his show. Now that is very funny :rollsmile::rollsmile:

13 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Seemingly it's going to be 50% archive stuff and 50% new stuff.

Imagine Watson on his knees tearfully pleading with the BBC not to cancel his show. Now that is very funny :rollsmile::rollsmile:

"Go out on a high?"... "Razor sharp spoofs???!  FFS he could be a certain poster here with that level of delusion!  :lol: 

Edited by daviebee

1 hour ago, Snelders said:

I always thought the problem with OaE was that they never really tackled the OF and sectarianism. It seemed to be a no-go area (perhaps for good reasons) but there was a goldmine of comedy sitting there that they just avoided.

Probably a bit too much about the OF in general and sectarianism.  They had a couple of regular characters who were ridiculous stereotypical examples from both sides, problem is that it just wasn't funny.

Maybe that's because it's a topic that its very difficult to be funny about.