Scotland Odds - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Odds

JandC

I was having a look in the bookies yesterday and was surprised to see that Scotland are 9/2 to win. 

I know Serbia are favourites and are ahead of us in the rankings but I think that price would be generous even if Serbia were playing in front of a full house at home.

However, we’ve seen that the current restrictions mean that home advantage has been significantly if not totally removed.

I’m sure quite a few will be backing Scotland at those odds and will be interesting to see if they change in the run up to the actual game.

1 hour ago, JandC said:

I was having a look in the bookies yesterday and was surprised to see that Scotland are 9/2 to win. 

I know Serbia are favourites and are ahead of us in the rankings but I think that price would be generous even if Serbia were playing in front of a full house at home.

However, we’ve seen that the current restrictions mean that home advantage has been significantly if not totally removed.

I’m sure quite a few will be backing Scotland at those odds and will be interesting to see if they change in the run up to the actual game.

I'm sure if it was a normal qualifier the odds would be a lot shorter, however, with so much at stake and the Scottish propensity for bottling it, you can perhaps see where they're coming from.

2 hours ago, todd said:

I'm sure if it was a normal qualifier the odds would be a lot shorter, however, with so much at stake and the Scottish propensity for bottling it, you can perhaps see where they're coming from.

A lot of Serbian fans would say they were bottlers as well. They haven’t been to the European Championships for 20 years. Hopefully 24 years by the time the next one comes around. 

Yes, I think the odds are very generous as would expect them in a pre-COVID away game. 

They’ve only won one home game in a the last 4 which was against Luxembourg so it’s not as if they’re in form.

The criticism that their fans seems to have of the team is that they although they have some really good individuals, the players don’t seem totally focussed on the national team so I think if we can get the first goal then there’s a good chance their heads will drop.

Bet365 odds - Euro 2020 win outright (at time of posting)

• 5/1 - England
  • 11/2 - Belgium, France
  • 7/1 - Netherlands, Germany, Spain
  • 14/1 - Italy, Portugal
  • 33/1 - Croatia
  • 66/1 - Denmark
  • 100/1 - Switzerland, Ukraine, Russia, Poland, Turkey, Slovakia, Scotland
  • 125/1 - Wales, Austria, Sweden
  • 200/1 - Czech Rep
  • 300/1 - Hungary
  • 500/1 - Finland, North Macedonia

This is the only market they've got open right now. I'll have a look around at other bookmakers to see if there's any major differences.

I'm surprised we're more favourable than Austria or Sweden and Slovakia being level with Switzerland, Poland, etc.

I don't know if there's any country underestimated by these odds who may be worth putting something on for.

6 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

• 5/1 - England
  • 11/2 - Belgium, France
  • 14/1 - Italy, Portugal
  • 33/1 - Croatia
  • 66/1 - Denmark
  • 200/1 - Czech Rep
  • 300/1 - Hungary

This is the only market they've got open right now. I'll have a look around at other bookmakers to see if there's any major differences.

I'm surprised we're more favourable than Austria or Sweden and Slovakia being level with Switzerland, Poland, etc.

I don't know if there's any country underestimated by these odds who may be worth putting something on for.

I reckon Portugal should be shorter odds. Croatia as well. 

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh they looked poor and only really got going once they scored that equaliser. Surprised they beat Norway. 

Norway aren’t great either although they do have a brilliant striker who can make a big difference. If Haaland doesn’t play well then Norway will likely struggle. 

There’s a reason Serbia, Norway and Scotland were all in league C in the first Nations League. We were all of a similar standard. 

26 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

• 5/1 - England
  • 11/2 - Belgium, France
  • 14/1 - Italy, Portugal
  • 33/1 - Croatia
  • 66/1 - Denmark
  • 200/1 - Czech Rep
  • 300/1 - Hungary

We were 750/1 in June 2019 just before the Clarke’s first game. 

Don’t think I’ll take the cash out. 😂

D4BA2DCD-70B6-463C-A1F3-BEB1E5A16B9F.png