Fraser - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fraser

thesaint

If anyone legitimately thinks Fraser is faking an injury, ruling himself out of the biggest tournament that he'd be involved in, if we win, they need their head examined.

Forest would've been a good replacement. Fraser, like Forrest, isn't a winger.

Gauld should be called up, depending on covid restrictions, of course. Gauld and Dykes could be a good combination.

Edited by Taylor1996

13 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

If anyone legitimately thinks Fraser is faking an injury, ruling himself out of the biggest tournament that he'd be involved in, if we win, they need their head examined.

Gauld should be called up, depending on covid restrictions, of course. Gauld and Dykes could be a good combination.

Big risk bringing in someone who's not been involved of late and who flopped when on loan at Hibs.

3 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Armstrong best player on pitch tonight. Could see him starting in Serbia. 

Don't think anyone has said he is taking injury.He pulled out of the Newcastle game tonight.Just unbelievable bad luck.,We have no pace in the team without him.Big worry for Thursday.

I

5 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Don't think anyone has said he is taking injury.He pulled out of the Newcastle game tonight.Just unbelievable bad luck.,We have no pace in the team without him.Big worry for Thursday.

I

Maybe burke could step in and partner dykes upfront. His pace could cause Serbia problems. 

2 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Ryan gauld?  Debut? In this match?   Looked rubbish every time I have seen him.  Now plays for a team bottom of the Portuguese league.  Definitely not.

i see one of three option...  Christie if he want to go with a second striker playing off the front.  Armstrong if he wants two midfielders breaking forward to support dykes.  Griffiths if he wants to play two up top.

20 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Ryan gauld?  Debut? In this match?   Looked rubbish every time I have seen him.  Now plays for a team bottom of the Portuguese league.  Definitely not.

i see one of three option...  Christie if he want to go with a second striker playing off the front.  Armstrong if he wants two midfielders breaking forward to support dykes.  Griffiths if he wants to play two up top.

Not sure why ppl think gauld is anywhere near a call up. Guys about to turn 25 and only just started playing top flight Portuguese football regularly and even then its for the bottom team. 

2 hours ago, Malcolm said:

I did say "called up", didn't say start. But then again, why not. He's playing at a better standard than most of our players.

This season he's played 6 matches and been involved in 3 goals (2 assists and one goal), and according to stats, he's the best in the league at making key passes.

Not bad for a player playing for a team who is bottom of the league. If he keeps up this standard, a top team in Portugal will sign him on a Bosman. Guaranteed.

We shouldn't be obsessed with league positions. I mean, Wayne Rooney is second bottom of the Championship... Doesn't mean he's a bad player.

Edited by Taylor1996

6 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

I did say "called up", didn't say start. But then again, why not. He's playing at a better standard than most of our players.

This season he's played 6 matches and been involved in 3 goals (2 assists and one goal), and according to stats, he's the best in the league at making key passes.

Not bad for a player playing for a team who is bottom of the league. If he keeps up this standard, a top team in Portugal will sign him on a Bosman. Guaranteed.

We shouldn't be obsessed with league positions. I mean, Wayne Rooney is second bottom of the Championship... Doesn't mean he's a bad player.

fair enough.  Just not seen enough from him to justify a call up. I’d sooner pick Naismith.

10 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

fair enough.  Just not seen enough from him to justify a call up. I’d sooner pick Naismith.

I watched Gauld's previous match, he tore the opposition to pieces with his passes. He scored one, could've scored two.. Should've.

He also won 2nd Division player of the year a few months ago. He's definitely destined for a move when his contract runs out. He's clearly too good for his current club.

I understand the criticism of him when he was at Hibs, but I think he was struggling a lot with injuries during that period.

Naismith? I think we should look to the future. Wouldn't say no, though. His workrate is still phenomenal.

Off-topic: I've said this for ages now, if we played the system we're playing now, for years, we would've gotten the best out of the strikers: Miller, Fletcher, Boyd and Naismith. Those strikers were the victim of our managers playing a lone striker.

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

I watched Gauld's previous match, he tore the opposition to pieces with his passes. He scored one, could've scored two.. Should've.

He also won 2nd Division player of the year a few months ago. He's definitely destined for a move when his contract runs out. He's clearly too good for his current club.

I understand the criticism of him when he was at Hibs, but I think he was struggling a lot with injuries during that period.

Naismith? I think we should look to the future. Wouldn't say no, though. His workrate is still phenomenal.

Off-topic: I've said this for ages now, if we played the system we're playing now, for years, we would've gotten the best out of the strikers: Miller, Fletcher, Boyd and Naismith. Those strikers were the victim of our managers playing a lone striker.

in general i am all for looking to the future but for this game with so much at stake I would pick the squad that gave me the best chance of a result with the least amount of risk.

I’d like to see Gauld in the squad. I’ve said for long enough that his eye for, and weight of, pass are second to none (in Scottish terms anyway). It’s more problematic where he would play, but if we are without wingers then we would need speedy wing backs for him to provide for. He could then play as the spare man off the main striker or one of the three midfielders, in less testing games. 

17 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

in general i am all for looking to the future but for this game with so much at stake I would pick the squad that gave me the best chance of a result with the least amount of risk.

Fair enough.

Gauld would be an unknown quantity to Serbia, though. 

It makes a nice change that we have options.