Celtic in Crisis: Where did it all go wrong? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic in Crisis: Where did it all go wrong?

Been waiting for this day 😀.  Rangers disappointed not to take three points away to Benfica last night but still top of section and top of Scottish Premier.  Forgive me but I always said on here that we would be back with a bang.  Scott Brown is a legend to me  but Lennon is relying on a spent force now.

17 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Been waiting for this day 😀.  Rangers disappointed not to take three points away to Benfica last night but still top of section and top of Scottish Premier.  Forgive me but I always said on here that we would be back with a bang.  Scott Brown is a legend to me  but Lennon is relying on a spent force now.

Sorry to burst the bubble but i dont think anyone thought rangers wouldnt be back

9 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Sorry to burst the bubble but i dont think anyone thought rangers wouldnt be back

VA, you should know by now that there is nothing more that I would like than healthy competition including Dons winning league or cup again.  This 10 in a row crap does nothing for our game.  But as it stands Rangers are the only team capable of stopping that.  But from a human nature point of view it is sweet after all the ribbing (some humour smoe not) that Rangers fans will be delighted including myself.  At last.  Still too early to write Celtic off though as last season proved.  Hope the Dons get second and a champions league chance.

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

VA, you should know by now that there is nothing more that I would like than healthy competition including Dons winning league or cup again.  This 10 in a row crap does nothing for our game.  But as it stands Rangers are the only team capable of stopping that.  But from a human nature point of view it is sweet after all the ribbing (some humour smoe not) that Rangers fans will be delighted including myself.  At last.  Still too early to write Celtic off though as last season proved.  Hope the Dons get second and a champions league chance.

Did you hold the same opinion when rangers went for 10iar?

Rangers winning the league this season is just as appealing to me as 10IAR, its not appealing at all.

Scotland needs a club outwith the OF to win the league. When Rangers were absent from the top tier there werr 6 or 7 clubs outwith the OF who won trophies, its was brilliant. Rangers returned and celtic upped their game.....yaaay

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Did you hold the same opinion when rangers went for 10iar?

Rangers winning the league this season is just as appealing to me as 10IAR, its not appealing at all.

Scotland needs a club outwith the OF to win the league. When Rangers were absent from the top tier there werr 6 or 7 clubs outwith the OF who won trophies, its was brilliant. Rangers returned and celtic upped their game.....yaaay

Totally get that.  I think I wanted 9 for Rangers to equal Celtics old record.  But that is with blue specs on.  When I am sober I would like Scottish football to be more equal.  As I have said here before, I watched the Rangers Hibs cup final and although a bit sad at the end I cheered up when I thought of my Hibee pals who would be celebrating. My best pal is a Jambo and he maintains that seeing Hearts winning the Scottish Cup was his highlight and meant more than an OF fan would appreciate.  I agree with him.  My hope is that once this tit for tat with the OF this with the 10 iar pish settles down both sides will act sensibly in their spending next season and give the other sides a fighting chance.  Or we all get a fair share of the TV monies, sponsorship and European money.  I am a dreamer I know!!!  But I hate the OF dominating.  I really do.  Big Daft Ramy would have 20 in a row for the Mghty Celtic mind (sorry Ramy!!).  Good debate though VA.  I obviously want Rangers to win the league this season but would love to see other sides win the cups. 👍

Not an Old Firm fan here but to be Lennon's appointment was a sticking plaster appointment. By that I mean alright for the interim but not the man to take the club forward to a higher level. I am not sure who that man is but with Lennon back there and not being too adventurous in the transfer market there is a distinct feeling of stagnation at the club in my opinion and it is starting to manifest itself on the pitch with sloppy or sub-standard displays becoming the norm now.

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I will reserve my future comment to when the last ball is kicked in season 20-21.... 

When did you start being sensible??  It took a long time coming.  But you are right pal and I feel the same.  But I have backed Lennon on here for a while.  Think he has now lost it a bit tbh.  Players are not playing for him as they should be.  Celtic need to win on Sunday or sticky wickets spring to mind.  And not an easy game for them.  I believe McFadden and Willie Pettigrew are suffering from from Covid so that gives Celtic  a chance.  Stay by.

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I will reserve my future comment to when the last ball is kicked in season 20-21.... 

Why?

Thats bawbag behaviour, can give it out by the bucket load, but a teaspoon pushed towards you, and petted quivering lip appears. Man up. Criticising your team is OK, you wont get binned from a wee CSC.

29 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Why?

Thats bawbag behaviour, can give it out by the bucket load, but a teaspoon pushed towards you, and petted quivering lip appears. Man up. Criticising your team is OK, you wont get binned from a wee CSC.

Who said I was hiding? I have admitted Celtic are shite, at the moment, I will await to see who is crowned Champions is all I meant. Then I will post on this very "Celtic are in crisis" thread.. I still believe Celtic will win the league, and we will recover front our dismal form as of late. Nothing bawbag about that Kumnio..

21 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Who said I was hiding? I have admitted Celtic are shite, at the moment, I will await to see who is crowned Champions is all I meant. Then I will post on this very "Celtic are in crisis" thread.. I still believe Celtic will win the league, and we will recover front our dismal form as of late. Nothing bawbag about that Kumnio..

You are right mate.  Looking forward to another Sunday of football.  Celtic can't afford to lose any more points imo.  But never over while Celtic are there.  Rangers collapsed after winter break last year and Celtic won ugly as champions do.  I am not counting my chickens.  Well, actually I am.  Sure that fucking fox is away with one again.  Sorry, going for ma rifle.