Scotland squad. - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland squad.

ceudmilefailte

I think it will be

Marshall

Mctominay Gallagher Tierney

Odonnell.                                      Robbo

Jack.      Mcgregor

Christie.                        Mcginn

Dykes

I would go with

Marshall

Mctominay Gallagher. Cooper. 

Tierney.                                         Robbo

Jack.      McGinn

Christie.                     Armstrong

Dykes

Also think we need to be very careful with our team selection with regard to defending  set pieces as Serbia will have around 7 players who are at least 6,2 in starting 11 including milenkovic-savic and mitrovic. Plus Tadic and kolarov are expert set piece takers. 

Could be a shout to play 3 tall centre halves and move mctominay to midfield and tierney to RWB. 

20201111_005943.jpg

I'd go:

Marshall

McTominay Gallagher McKenna

Tierney                                                            Robertson

Jack 

McGinn            McGregor

Armstrong

Dykes

But I think we'll line up with Tierney playing LCH, O'Donnell RWB and Christie off Dykes.

21 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

I'd go:

Marshall

McTominay Gallagher McKenna

Tierney                                                            Robertson

Jack 

McGinn            McGregor

Armstrong

Dykes

But I think we'll line up with Tierney playing LCH, O'Donnell RWB and Christie off Dykes.

That's the line up I'd go for and that's the line up I think Clarke will go for. Although 50/50 on Armstrong or Christie. 

8 hours ago, Templeton_Peck said:

Also think we need to be very careful with our team selection with regard to defending  set pieces as Serbia will have around 7 players who are at least 6,2 in starting 11 including milenkovic-savic and mitrovic. Plus Tadic and kolarov are expert set piece takers. 

Could be a shout to play 3 tall centre halves and move mctominay to midfield and tierney to RWB. 

20201111_005943.jpg

You'd like to think Clarke has a plan for their aerial ability. They'll likely sit Mitrovic between Tierney and Gallagher and hope he's up against Tierney. 

Set pieces would be an issue too. 

That team doesn't look to scary apart from the front 3. We match them in centre midfield and out wide and their keeper doesnt seem the best. 

11 hours ago, Templeton_Peck said:

20201111_005943.jpg

You could make an argument to start both Dykes and McBurnie, I think he has had them on the pitch at the same time before. 

McBurnie in particular is very good at defending set pieces for a striker

On 11/3/2020 at 7:55 PM, Shaundy said:

As in , life as a Scot ? 
I believe this game has not just monstrous levels of disappointment for us. I believe victory for Scotland in this game may be the butterfly flap to save the future of humankind. 
no pressure then , then . 

Still do

Trying to work out what the team will be on Sunday. I wouldnt be surprised if Clarke makes 11 changes after the mental and physical exersions. Then the partying afterwards. 

Gordon

McKenna.   Cooper.  Considine

Palmer.                                          Taylor

Mclean. Armstrong  Burke

Griffiths

McBurnie

All these guys would be so motivated to put a performance in as all now playing for a spot in the summer. Thinking though that one of either Jack, Mctominay, McGregor or Mcginn might have to play as cdm and push Burke forward and bench one of the strikers. 

Edited by Templeton_Peck

2 hours ago, Templeton_Peck said:

Trying to work out what the team will be on Sunday. I wouldnt be surprised if Clarke makes 11 changes after the mental and physical exersions. Then the partying afterwards. 

Gordon

McKenna.   Cooper.  Considine

Palmer.                                          Taylor

Mclean. Armstrong  Burke

Griffiths

McBurnie

All these guys would be so motivated to put a performance in as all now playing for a spot in the summer. Thinking though that one of either Jack, Mctominay, McGregor or Mcginn might have to play as cdm and push Burke forward and bench one of the strikers. 

That’s still a decent team. Crazy to think that with 11 changes we could still field a team that would challenge Slovakia. Changed days.