Scotland squad. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland squad.

ceudmilefailte

The painters and decorators have visited the forum yet again I see.

Not a fan of Hanley but if he gets on the park and plays well then I promise I'll be the first to hold my hands up.

Griffiths is back ! Can he and Lyndon Dykes or Oli McBurnie form a good partnership ?

5 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

The painters and decorators have visited the forum yet again I see.

Not a fan of Hanley but if he gets on the park and plays well then I promise I'll be the first to hold my hands up.

Griffiths is back ! Can he and Lyndon Dykes or Oli McBurnie form a good partnership ?

I think Griffiths will be an impact sub if we need a goal. Fraser and Dykes likely to start. 

I feel so much more comfortable knowing Gordon and Griffiths are there. Although they are unlikely to start, if anything happens to Marshall or Dykes/McBurnie, having that quality to come in really gives me hope. 

Griffiths is still the best striker of a ball we have. If he'd played more football, I'd have argued he should start. But if we are in need of a goal in the last 20mins, I can think of no one better to conjour up something special.

Keen to see Dykes - Griffiths up top at some point, although Fraser probably starts for me. He did well last time out, so would send the right message to the squad.

In the same hypocritical breath, I’d expect to see Robertson back in for Considine and probably Tierney in (for O’Donnell!), although some have suggested Armstrong might take that role on the right. Not sure about that. 

I thought we might see Nisbet over Shankland, but can see the value in continuity.

Hanley. Er, go on son, prove me wrong. I suppose the Serbs will be pretty physical.

Dusan Tadic has missed the Ajax game tonight following a positive test for Covid. I don’t think he’s is necessarily better than what we’ve got, but it could help. More worried about Milinković-Savić.

Anyway, the manager’s won seven or whatever on the bounce - happy to trust him. 

‘mon!

Edited by Duncan Blackheart
pedantry

2 minutes ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Keen to see Dykes - Griffiths up top at some point, although Fraser probably starts for me. He did well last time out, so would send the right message to the squad.

In the same hypocritical breath, I’d expect to see Robertson back in for Considine and probably Tierney for O’Donnell, although some have suggested Armstrong might take that role on the right. Not sure about that. 

I thought we might see Nisbet over Shankland, but can see the value in continuity.

Hanley. Er, go on son, prove me wrong. I suppose the Serbs will be pretty physical.

Dusan Tadic has missed the Ajax game tonight following a positive test for Covid. I don’t think he’s is necessarily better than what we’ve got, but it could help. More worried about Milinković-Savić.

Anyway, the manager’s won seven or whatever on the bounce - happy to trust him. 

‘mon!

I think you meant to say either Robertson for Taylor or Cooper for Considine.

We've not won seven in a row. We're unbeaten in eight but have drawn twice with Israel during that run.

1 minute ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Only disappointment is that Shankland is in ahead of Nisbet. 

If injuries or COVID hit our strikers, then Nisbet is pretty much the only option Clarke has to call on.

According to Jack Ross, Clarke is definitely interested in Nisbet and keeping a close eye on him. I wonder if Nisbet had managed to score a couple of goals at the weekend, might he have been called up then ?

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Only disappointment is that Shankland is in ahead of Nisbet. 

Have to agree.

I like both, but Nisbet has hit the ground running this season - hope that penalty miss didn't knock his confidence.

I'm delighted Griff is back. He's hopefully back on to a run of form, and show a lethal goalscorer at times, would love him to knock in the winner in Belgrade (or is it Novi Sad, even).

Happy for Gordon too, I'd go with Marshall, he's earned the No1 spot ; but always liked him - would love to see him at a Euros.

And over the moon for big Andy C, what a story it would be! Win your first cap at 33 and then off to the Euros in the summer.

We CAN DO IT! Mon Scotland!

If Kári Arnason can play at a Euros and WC, then Considine certainly deserves his chance there.

21 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Good squad but think the likes of Shankland, Patterson, Burke etc will be used in the second and third matches.  Griffiths will play against Slovakia as Dykes is suspended for this match. 

I think Dykes is suspended for the following two , not the playoff. 

10 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

And over the moon for big Andy C, what a story it would be! Win your first cap at 33 and then off to the Euros in the summer.

We CAN DO IT! Mon Scotland!

If Harry Maguire can play at a Euros and WC, then Considine certainly deserves his chance there.

FTFY :ok:

Pretty happy with that squad. 

Marshall

McKenna Cooper tierney

O donnell.                       Robertson

Mctominay mcginn

Christie

Fraser dykes 

The midfield is a hard choice, leaving guys like Armstrong, mcgregor and Jack is harsh but there is no other option.