Sean Connery - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sean Connery

šŸ˜¢, Ā despite his roving eye he was a great ambassador for Scotland.Ā 

I am sure the the endless clips andĀ Ā bevyĀ of beauties about toĀ Ā hit the screensĀ will takeĀ the edge offĀ the pain for you all šŸ˜Š
Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

10 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Watch "The Hill" from 1965.

This film was Connery's best. He's basically playing himself. The film was controversial at the time because it gave two fingers to the British Army and British establishment.

Aye cracking film the hill šŸ‘

2 hours ago, Frugal said:

Some life and career but interesting views on domestic abuse eh...

The one where he said that any abuse of women was unacceptable ?

He always claimed the "slap" remark was taken out of context / was tongue in cheek

Of the numerous women he was involved with in his life i believe only Diane Cilento accused him of that sort of abuse years after he left her

She also made claims about his relationship with his son Jason which were proven to be bollocks

Here he is talking about his tattoos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QodQeaTaXVc

Ā 

4 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Many of our heroes are nonetheless deeply flawed, and even have dark sides to them.

Indeed. Serial misogynists like George Best and John Lennon now have airports named after them. Different times now fortunately.Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

He played so many roles but I thought he was brilliant in The Man Who Would be King. RIP.

As so many movie greats have done, he played himself brilliantly every time.

Watched this tribute last night, quite a few of his films I'd forgotten about like Outland and Time Bandits...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0674mg5

Hopefully STV will now repeat The Bowler And The Bunnet.

Ā 

19 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Many of our heroes are nonetheless deeply flawed, and even have dark sides to them.

Indeed, like virtually all human beings. It shouldn't detract from the great things that they did. I don't understand why some people expect heroes to be flawless.