RIP Ebbe - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Former Aberdeen manager Ebbe Skovdahl has died at 75.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54586993

He was some man and it's fair to say that despite pretty "mixed" fortunes (bottom of the league and both cup finals in the same season), he was almost universally liked by Dons fans.

RIP Ebbe.

EDIT: Didn't realise this was mentioned in another thread but I'll leave it up as it's maybe worth a topic of its own as there are plenty stories to tell about the man.

Edited by wee-toon-red

For some reason, I can’t post screenshots, but there’s a story online that goes like this from Richard Gordon’s book. 

Referee Kenny Clark was 4th official when we were getting routed by motherwell and Ebbe says “I want to make a sub” so Clark asks for the player numbers for the board. He returns with a sheet, but only with the player he wants to put on, Clark says he needs the number of who’s coming off, to get a reply of “you pick, they’re all pish”