James Tavernier - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

James Tavernier

SWMM82

13 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Don't forget Matt "wanker" Ritchie, we all know he felt no bond to Scotland and only played for us after being advised to do so by his agent.

I think he just falls into this category, as we did at least get a couple of good years out of him (even though I do think he upset the balance of the team when he was first shoe horned into it), but same time he was never really cut out for international football (had he had that yard or two of extra pace, then he would have probably been more suited).

4 hours ago, wanderer said:

I think he just falls into this category, as we did at least get a couple of good years out of him (even though I do think he upset the balance of the team when he was first shoe horned into it), but same time he was never really cut out for international football (had he had that yard or two of extra pace, then he would have probably been more suited).

Slow as a week in jail for someone three quarters of the way through a life sentence. 

On 10/23/2020 at 10:07 AM, ErsatzThistle said:

Don't forget Matt "wanker" Ritchie, we all know he felt no bond to Scotland and only played for us after being advised to do so by his agent.

Have to say if I was given the choice I'd rather call up someone in Tavernier's position than a player who's first trip to Scotland was the squad training session. 

On 10/21/2020 at 5:32 PM, Barney Rubble said:

Stephen O'Donnell and Liam Palmer are both Scottish.

Tavernier as a player is inferior to both - so no thanks even if he is eligible.

Tavernier is a better RB than either of those two players. He’s not Scottish though so he shouldn’t be playing for Scotland. 

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Is this home nations agreement documented anywhere?

My brain dread hun mate is convinced this is a potential option for us and refuses to accept the home nations agreement is in place. 

The wikipedia page is pretty comprehensive...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_eligibility_rules

Basically there's no chance Tavernier can play for us unless Scotland becomes independent. 

3 hours ago, Toepoke said:

The wikipedia page is pretty comprehensive...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_eligibility_rules

Basically there's no chance Tavernier can play for us unless Scotland becomes independent. 

Or we apply to change the rules and have it reworded, with the rest of the home nations. We did this with the 5 years residency upto 18.

It can be done but there is no chance, we will do this though. It would literally be a rule change for Tavernier. Every half decent non Scot, playing up here is either capped or leaves in 2/3 years. 

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

On 12/8/2020 at 8:56 PM, Third Lanark said:

Frankly he is head and shoulders above any other England right back, though I know they have a deep pool there to choose from.

I agree. Except the 3-4 they have in their squad and a few others I can’t think of. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2020 at 12:06 AM, mccaughey85 said:

Seen this been quoted before but I highly doubt its fact. But there is a fairly large amount of rangers who did vote yes Tbf. 

The uj waving morons are a tiny minority, Rangers has always been Scotland's team. 

On 12/18/2020 at 11:58 PM, Bzzzz said:

Apparently a larger % of Rangers supporters vote Yes than any other club support. t

This is not true.

IIRC a survey broke it all down by each club

Rangers were 45% yes, in line with the Scottish average. But they were the lowest yes supporting fan base. 

I thought they would have been much lower and was surprised at how high the yes support was.

If I have time I'll try find the link, bit it was a guid few years ago, some might call it a generation ago..

34 minutes ago, Archiesdad said:

This is not true.

IIRC a survey broke it all down by each club

Rangers were 45% yes, in line with the Scottish average. But they were the lowest yes supporting fan base. 

I thought they would have been much lower and was surprised at how high the yes support was.

If I have time I'll try find the link, bit it was a guid few years ago, some might call it a generation ago..

I thought it would be a bit lower too but I also know alot of rangers fans who are pro independence. I would of guessed that about 30-35% would be pro indy. 

I would say football being a working class support would be very supportive of independence. I reckon celtic and some of your other west of Scotland clubs would have the highest majorities in favour of indy. I barely know any celtic fans who are no voters. 

6 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

I thought it would be a bit lower too but I also know alot of rangers fans who are pro independence. I would of guessed that about 30-35% would be pro indy. 

I would say football being a working class support would be very supportive of independence. I reckon celtic and some of your other west of Scotland clubs would have the highest majorities in favour of indy. I barely know any celtic fans who are no voters. 

I know that Scott Brown was told by the club not to come out in public in favour of Yes... I found that a little strange seeing as they pretend they're Irish, you'd expect them to LOVE the idea of "breaking up Britain". Would have been fantastic to have the Celtic and Scotland captain publicly supporting Independence. 

10 minutes ago, Bzzzz said:

I know that Scott Brown was told by the club not to come out in public in favour of Yes... I found that a little strange seeing as they pretend they're Irish, you'd expect them to LOVE the idea of "breaking up Britain". Would have been fantastic to have the Celtic and Scotland captain publicly supporting Independence. 

The powers-that-be within Celtic and Rangers don't want us to get independence, as it'll scupper their chances of joining the EPL.

If one of their captains came out and endorced independence, it would against their agenda.

Edited by Taylor1996