#OorLadsOorTelly - campaign to get Scotland's games on Scotland's tv - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

#OorLadsOorTelly - campaign to get Scotland's games on Scotland's tv

Bzzzz

1 hour ago, Bzzzz said:

Ha ha, no that's not me, think it was a bit of a mix up with the Daily Record misreporting, we've not met Andy but hey, it's all good fun and we are ALL winners at the end of the day thanks to the success of the campaign and of course Sky's fantastic gesture. Huge amount of satisfaction that we managed to help get that amazing win into the nation's living rooms!

We've been through it all and I for one am sick to death of hearing the "Scotland's shite", "if they were playing in ma back garden I'd draw the curtains", even referring to the national team as "them" or "they" etc etc, to have this and to put it infront of fowk and see the joy it's given... seeing people finally being proud of the national team we all follow with such pride, is just priceless. 

The campaign is not over, in fact it's only just started and started rather well!
We're no kidding ourselves, we know it was a one off due to circumstances and that Sky aren't going to keep punting Scotland games on freeview but hopefully we can use this as a lever with those that are oh so happy to take our licence fees. 
If there's money for England games then surely there is money for Scotland games too, not a chance our international games are anywhere near as expensive to bid for as England's. Somewhere up the line someone is making a decision, that's who we are looking for. Watch this space. 

#OorLadsOorTelly

Thanks again Bzzzz. Truly fantastic night and a million times better than watching the game streamed via a laptop to the TV which was my alternative. 
Surely must be a big win for Sky too, with the interest the game is still generating.  

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Thanks again Bzzzz. Truly fantastic night and a million times better than watching the game streamed via a laptop to the TV which was my alternative. 
Surely must be a big win for Sky too, with the interest the game is still generating.  

Aye, it was a win win for everyone as long as we won! 😂

On 11/25/2020 at 8:24 PM, davy-hay said:

Come March the games will be back on subscription sky 

Hence why the campaign goes on...

Pleased to advise that the European Champs games will be on BBC & STV (free to air) :)

Looking back on the campaign I think we can all agree it was pretty successful, our initial objective was achieved and we helped to remind people that they can enjoy watching the national team and be proud of it, couldn't have timed it any better ;) (let's not mention the 2 games after)

Roll on June, cannot wait, it's going to be one hell of an occasion, fingers crossed we will be as good as back to normal and the Hampden ROAR ready to greet our opponents. 

As far as the campaign is concerned, there's still a long way to go, watch this space. 

• 2 weeks later...