#OorLadsOorTelly - campaign to get Scotland's games on Scotland's tv - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

#OorLadsOorTelly - campaign to get Scotland's games on Scotland's tv

Bzzzz

On 11/7/2020 at 2:27 PM, vanderark14 said:

So everyone can watch scotland qualify for a tournament....... raise the spirits of the nation..........what could possibly go wrong😂😂

😂🤣😂 stop it!!! 😂🤣😂

Be positive! 🤣

1 hour ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Anyone on the streaming side of thing (e.g no telly) know the ins and outs of this? 

It seems like it should also be shown on Sky Go but do you need to register for a log in or should it be shown on the app to view as a guest?

Try Freeview Play.

It's an application that will work on your laptop, phone, etc.

2 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Anyone on the streaming side of thing (e.g no telly) know the ins and outs of this? 

It seems like it should also be shown on Sky Go but do you need to register for a log in or should it be shown on the app to view as a guest?

8 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Try Freeview Play.

It's an application that will work on your laptop, phone, etc.

I don’t think you can watch Pick on Freeview Play. You certainly couldn’t a while back but it may well have changed so still worth a go but I wouldn’t rely on it. 

2 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Your best bet is Mobdro.

It's not the most stable, so it's hit and miss, even at the best of times.

39 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I don’t think you can watch Pick on Freeview Play. You certainly couldn’t a while back but it may well have changed so still worth a go but I wouldn’t rely on it. 

Damn. Just checked. Pick isn't there.

38 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Your best bet is Mobdro.

It's not the most stable, so it's hit and miss, even at the best of times.

Damn. Just checked. Pick isn't there.

I managed to find pick as part of the freeview player on the Kodi app for firestick, but the stream plays for about 2mins before returning to the menu page. There are about a million settings to try and play with all kinds of youtubers and forum dwellers having different advice for that.

I also understand Kodi is technically illegal but allowed by Amazon as it gets them a lot of customers for the firestick and should always be opened with a VPN. I'd say it's a bit of a dodgy route to go down.

Probably end up finding a standard hesgoal stream, and hopefully no buffering with all the would-be viewers watching now on telly.

9 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

I managed to find pick as part of the freeview player on the Kodi app for firestick, but the stream plays for about 2mins before returning to the menu page. There are about a million settings to try and play with all kinds of youtubers and forum dwellers having different advice for that.

I also understand Kodi is technically illegal but allowed by Amazon as it gets them a lot of customers for the firestick and should always be opened with a VPN. I'd say it's a bit of a dodgy route to go down.

Probably end up finding a standard hesgoal stream, and hopefully no buffering with all the would-be viewers watching now on telly.

Yeah. I wouldn't reply on Kodi. Even when it was XBMC, it was still as unreliable as hell.

I assume you have a firestick?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/best10websites.com/best-free-sports-streaming-sites/amp/

Livetv and Stream2watch are the most reliable sources. Odds are, you'll definitely find a stable stream

As for VNPs. If you don't already have one, you can buy one on eBay for as little as £3 for a couple years description.

I bought mine for that amount, two years ago, and it's still going strong.

11 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

https://www.hqtv.biz/pick-tv

On 11/7/2020 at 3:22 PM, Orraloon said:

If they are that forgetful they'll probably forget the game is on anyway and just be confused about why Billy Bremner isnae playing.

I think your comments are very disrespectful to the older generation. They are not as daft as they want you to think they are.

You’ve clearly never met my Grunny. Daft as a brush nowadays and goes through a minimum of 4 grandchild names before she gets it right 😂😂

Great thread, and well done to all involved. Shockingly the match is on here in Ottawa, regular cable, "Live". I cannae fuckin believe it.. I'm still goin down  the boozer with ma pals even though I have quit drinking. 8 month now. Watch me fuckin blow it the morra when we qualify... 🤣🤣🤣🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

On 11/12/2020 at 10:32 PM, Catchart Circle said:

So that's Bzzzz. Met him a few times without realising!

Need to buy the national hero a drink next time!

Ha ha, no that's not me, think it was a bit of a mix up with the Daily Record misreporting, we've not met Andy but hey, it's all good fun and we are ALL winners at the end of the day thanks to the success of the campaign and of course Sky's fantastic gesture. Huge amount of satisfaction that we managed to help get that amazing win into the nation's living rooms!

We've been through it all and I for one am sick to death of hearing the "Scotland's shite", "if they were playing in ma back garden I'd draw the curtains", even referring to the national team as "them" or "they" etc etc, to have this and to put it infront of fowk and see the joy it's given... seeing people finally being proud of the national team we all follow with such pride, is just priceless. 

The campaign is not over, in fact it's only just started and started rather well!
We're no kidding ourselves, we know it was a one off due to circumstances and that Sky aren't going to keep punting Scotland games on freeview but hopefully we can use this as a lever with those that are oh so happy to take our licence fees. 
If there's money for England games then surely there is money for Scotland games too, not a chance our international games are anywhere near as expensive to bid for as England's. Somewhere up the line someone is making a decision, that's who we are looking for. Watch this space. 

#OorLadsOorTelly