Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I never said McBurnie was good. He wasnt however he still did better than Griffith in those games. 

We can’t possibly have a good player without demoting another to shite status - that is the Scotland way. 

I would definitely have Gauld, Gilmour and Turnbull in the next squad. Don't think McLean and Paterson will make many more squads. That's no criticism of them, it's just that we are experiencing a ste

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

I’d personally rather see Hendry called up but Hanley seems to be playing regularly in a team that’s doing well - something the Motherwell & Aberdeen defenders aren’t for example 

I think there will be limited new additions to the squad. I also think some players can shine in a poor team. Celtic, by their own standards are pish but turnbull looks good, mckenna at forest too.

I can't comment on hendry because I don't watch, in fact I don't think I've ever watched a Belgian league match in my life, I am sure clarke will be keeping tabs on him

Hanley us a strange one, I really don't see him as any better than gallagher or considine. He plays in a slightly better league but that's about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

People touting Hanley for a spot, have you actually watched him?

He’s a big heed to replace Gallagher rather than McTominay. 
 

People also touting Cooper has central centre back. For me he’s more suited to the left centre back role. He’s a rotation option for Tierney. 
 

I’d say these are the centre back options are for each position (assuming we continue as a back 3).

LCB: Tierney, Cooper

CCB: Hanley, McKenna, Gallagher

RCB: McTominay, Hendry, Palmer

Ideally you play McTominay in midfield so is cover for RCB only. And Palmer and Tierney are already in the squad to cover wing back positions. 

For the March squad I’d call them all up and play them all. You’d probably only drop 1 of them for a 23 man squad in the summer. 

Guys like Porteous and Considine miss out but could come in if there’s injuries. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

People touting Hanley for a spot, have you actually watched him?

Your pretty good at saying who shouldn't be picked, going to name who should be the central defenders in the squad.

 Hanley has been playing on the right hand side of the defence which is why I am so keen to have him in the team to replace McTominay who has to play in midfield.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Your pretty good at saying who shouldn't be picked, going to name who should be the central defenders in the squad.

 Hanley has been playing on the right hand side of the defence which is why I am so keen to have him in the team to replace McTominay who has to play in midfield.

I didn't say he shouldn't be picked. I asked a fairly straight forward question which was answered well by someone else.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

He’s a big heed to replace Gallagher rather than McTominay. 
 

People also touting Cooper has central centre back. For me he’s more suited to the left centre back role. He’s a rotation option for Tierney. 
 

I’d say these are the centre back options are for each position (assuming we continue as a back 3).

LCB: Tierney, Cooper

CCB: Hanley, McKenna, Gallagher

RCB: McTominay, Hendry, Palmer

Ideally you play McTominay in midfield so is cover for RCB only. And Palmer and Tierney are already in the squad to cover wing back positions. 

For the March squad I’d call them all up and play them all. You’d probably only drop 1 of them for a 23 man squad in the summer. 

Guys like Porteous and Considine miss out but could come in if there’s injuries. 

Hard to disagree with any of that. As long as their are no injuries I believe clarke will move mctominay forward into midfield. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Your pretty good at saying who shouldn't be picked, going to name who should be the central defenders in the squad.

 Hanley has been playing on the right hand side of the defence which is why I am so keen to have him in the team to replace McTominay who has to play in midfield.

And you are correct. 

Such a stupid question, too. It's 2020. People can watch players from all four corners of the globe without leaving their armchair.

I've watched Hanley about half a dozen times this season. He's always been solid. I'd trust him, especially in a three.

Maybe he's like Cooper, where they both get better with age. 

Edited by Taylor1996
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

And you are correct. 

Such a stupid question, too. It's 2020. People can watch players from all four corners of the globe without leaving their armchair.

I've watched Hanley about half a dozen times this season. He's always been solid. I'd trust him, especially in a three.

Maybe he's like Cooper, where they both get better with age. 

It's not a stupid question, I asked because I don't know as I have not watched him. You've taken my question the wrong way as did the guy above you. 

People on here have a habit of touting players without actually watching them or they look at stat sites. 

 

Edited by vanderark14
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

You do realise these are WC qualifiers? Clarke will have to play his strongest eleven in each game. 

It’s WC qualifiers but it’s 3 games in 6 days in an already congested season. One of the games is against Faroes at home. 
 

There’s no way it’ll be the same team in all 3 games. He needs to rest a few of them. Plus he needs to see who can replace McTominay at the back. Clarke might want to keep the team consistent in the first game but I’m sure he’ll change it against Israel and Faroes. Maybe make one change for Israel to get McTominay in midfield. Then a new back 3 against the Faroes.

 

Austria: Tierney Gallagher McTominay 

Israel: Tierney Hanley Gallagher?

Faroes: Cooper McKenna Hendry 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

You don’t seem to be too familiar with our international fortunes. Maybe if we’re three up at half time. 

Very fair point.

Still getting flashback of the 2-2 draw with Faroe Islands back in 2002. Apparently, Lambert and Barry Ferguson rips into the players at half time whilst Berti was panicking. 

We're a different animal these days, though. Back then we had Steven Crainey and now we have Robertson, etc. Seeing the likes of Dobie and Kyle in the team must've encouraged the Faroes. 😛

 

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

And you are correct. 

Such a stupid question, too. It's 2020. People can watch players from all four corners of the globe without leaving their armchair.

I've watched Hanley about half a dozen times this season. He's always been solid. I'd trust him, especially in a three.

Maybe he's like Cooper, where they both get better with age. 

There's also a thing called the internet which means you can check how lots of people who watch all of their teams games think their players are performing.

Shame that using this method backs up all ProudScot has to say about McBurnie.

According to most Sheffield United fans he is thee biggest waste of £20 million ever and they should give him to Rangers for nothing to get him of the wage bill.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

There's also a thing called the internet which means you can check how lots of people who watch all of their teams games think their players are performing.

Shame that using this method backs up all ProudScot has to say about McBurnie.

According to most Sheffield United fans he is thee biggest waste of £20 million ever and they should give him to Rangers for nothing to get him of the wage bill.

That, too

It's strange. In the Championship he was good, but for some reason, he's struggled to make the step up (Same with Che Adams). One goal in twenty sums it up.

He might need another season in the Championship, who knows.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hanley is a good solid defender but he doesnt have Mctomineys range of passing. Part of the success of the new formation is Tierney and McTom passing out from the back.

People slag Hanley off because he had some horror performances playing against some of the best players in the world. If he was playing in the SPL very few of the same mistakes would have been punished.

The subtle movement of a top end EPL striker is light years ahead of the journeyman strikers in Scotland.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...